It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone heard of Essaic Formula? (Cancer Cure)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 05:58 AM
link   
Has anyone researched into this story???

I found the 'formula' and story behind it after sifting thru alotta webpages. Supposedly, it failed to pass Canada's parliament by only a few votes in the 50's or 60's...

Google Essiac Formula and check it out... or if ure lazy, i can post it on here...

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Do you have any links to those webpages?

I had a freaky dream once where I was diagonsed with cancer, and told that the cure was in Mount Everest. Strange, huh?

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 10:06 PM
link   
I saw a good analysis of it (including the relative amounts of material in the common formulas and the impact on the human body: www.ompress.com...

The conclusion was:

ssiac-like formulas have no proven anticancer effect in humans or animals but nonetheless remain popular as alternative treatments. Based on a simplistic analysis of the amount of herbal material and active constituents in these formulas, it seems unlikely that they would produce any significant medical effect, other than a slight purgative action. The purgative action could be of general benefit to some individuals, but would also prevent significantly higher doses of the formula from being used in cancer treatment. Because of the popularity of Essiac-like formulas, adequate assessment of their anticancer potential is needed.

Now... in folk medicine, things that make you throw up or go to the bathroom are given unusual weight as "effective cures" because they are "purging the bad stuff" from your body. But there's too little of the various types of compounds to do much of anything ot the body.

I think it could give some emotional support or mild immune system support when other treatments are used, but I'd not risk my life on that formula. And the "suppressed by scientists" is a usual claim by people who are selling ineffective materials.

I'd stick with standard treatments, myself.

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 10:57 PM
link   
That's what makes a person "hurl," especially if they need to get rid of something quick.

No, essiac is a Native American standard remedy for cancer; and from the Deer Clan I can tell you, it has a reputation for being effective and safe.

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 11:59 PM
link   
sorry i took so long, but heres the actual link i got it from...

www.sumeria.net...

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Vyktor

It is the only alternate medicine that a conventional oncologist nurse has referred me to as particularly interesting and effective based on comments from her patients over the years. Picked up a half years supply and will give it a go. For what it's worth, I have probably gone through several hundred pages of this and that over the past month or so relative to cancer treatments. Good Luck All.

new topics

top topics

join