It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cop Shoots, Kills College Student for Speaking Disrespectfully

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Dutchowl

we don't have a police state, we have a sick society, globally. you and i and everyone else added to that, it is our creation so perhaps it is time we own it together, then perhaps we can change it for the better.

you cannot, try as you will, separate yourself from either the police nor the criminal because they are you and you are them.

it's very sad to see these things happen and i feel bad for both involved, they both felt pain and anguish. who is the hero and who the bad guy, i contend neither.

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 09:44 AM
link   

The bottom line for me is a trained, armed police constable shot an unarmed man repeatedly to death, and not in non-life threatening areas of the body and by the sounds of it (from witness statements given in the thread) without warning.

Doesn't the audio show the suspect saying to the officer 'are you going to shoot me'.
"Carter warned him four times that he would shoot if Redus did not stop, Pruitt said."
Isn't this on the tape.

Seems to me the suspect knew lethal force was eminent based on his response.

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 09:48 AM
link   

JohnnySasaki
reply to post by SecTownKid

What are they feeding these cops?

Steroid use/abuse has been a documented epidemic since at least the early 70's among departments all across the country and the subsequent studies since have only show use increase decade over decade.

These are studies done by their own people and various pro-police organizations.

Yet somehow every year when a new report is released it's always treated as if it's the first time anyone has ever heard of such a thing and folks say "gee, we should do something about this" and nothing ever gets done.

By the numbers most cops use roids. It is quietly sanctioned and sometimes proudly proclaimed as in this story: Police 'Juice' to get an edge on criminals

It's only a matter of time before they're all hooked up to 24/7 Baine style drips and society will welcome it.

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Having listened to what all was going on, and then read the articles, viewed the videos the following can be said:

We will not know what all happened that night. We must wait for the records to be released and ultimately to see what the investigation will revealed. While the loss of life is tragic, with any kind of event like this in the eyes of the parents the child is always innocent, even when the child is not.
I for one, would like to see what the video on the police cruiser revealed, if there was one on it, to show what all is there to make that determination. We must wait and watch to see what the investigation reveals and what the conclusion should be.

But there are a few things that I for one would like to see happen one day as part of the training that officers go through. The first is the brown eye/blue eye experiment and the other is the Standford prison experiment, and maybe it may show cops that are a bit more less likely to act with deadly force.

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 11:02 AM
link   

JohnnySasaki

Stupidity....

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 11:06 AM
link   
The reason there is audio but no video is that the camera mount was broken and the camera was not pointed properly to capture the incident. The local news had reported something along the lines that it was a new installation and had been repaired before, or something along that line. That might be a conspiracy in itself.

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 12:11 PM
link   
It's all kind of relative I guess, one bullet, six bullets, once you are allowed to shoot. This policeman makes Zimmerman look like an Angel. Guns are the pits, they just cheapen lives.

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 12:20 PM
link   

JohnnySasaki

Steroids and testosterone, I say we require mandatory testing of police and military.

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnnySasaki

Gun powder !

It's the cops that shouldn't have firearms.
edit on 17-12-2013 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 03:06 PM
link   

damwel

JohnnySasaki

Steroids and testosterone, I say we require mandatory testing of police and military.

Y'know, that always seemed odd to me. They drug test athletes, whose job is to play a flipping game, but not police and military who have weapons that can kill you.

Funny that..........

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Krakatoa

damwel

JohnnySasaki

Y'know, that always seemed odd to me. They drug test athletes, whose job is to play a flipping game, but not police and military who have weapons that can kill you.

Funny that..........

i believe most police are drug tested on a random basis, i'm unsure of military though.

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 03:11 PM
link   

OceanSpray

Krakatoa

damwel

JohnnySasaki

Funny that..........

i believe most police are drug tested on a random basis, i'm unsure of military though.

For "performance enhancing drugs" like steroids, that are proven to make you more aggressive? That is to what I was referring.

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Krakatoa

The standard Army piss test doesn't test for steroids. Your CO can request that you be tested for them. My personal experience is if you're not going nuts with it or acting like a fool they generally do not, but it depends on the unit and the CO.

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Krakatoa

OceanSpray

Krakatoa

damwel

JohnnySasaki

Funny that..........

For "performance enhancing drugs" like steroids, that are proven to make you more aggressive? That is to what I was referring.

you could be correct as i have no idea beyond mood altering drug testing. on that note i used to be a power lifter back in the day, had many friends using said substances and i never saw any of them going randomly berserk nor any other of the fallacies portrayed upon steroid use.

our society is sick, controlled and full of lies, you can expect to see far more of these things occurring, but to point the finger at any one group but the wealthy, is probably barking up the wrong tree. arguing the symptoms will do little good, find the real source and go from there.
edit on 17-12-2013 by OceanSpray because: sp

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Bedlam

The standard Army piss test doesn't test for steroids. Your CO can request that you be tested for them. My personal experience is if you're not going nuts with it or acting like a fool they generally do not, but it depends on the unit and the CO.

So, unlike an athlete, it is NOT on the list of mandatory drugs to be included in the test. Yet, these steroidal based drugs, are well known to increase aggressiveness in the human body when used over extensive periods. And yet, the people with weapons that kill, who would be subjected to situations where rage would occur is greater than any athlete, are not tested.

Again I say, "Funny That...."

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Krakatoa

Bedlam

So, unlike an athlete, it is NOT on the list of mandatory drugs to be included in the test. Yet, these steroidal based drugs, are well known to increase aggressiveness in the human body when used over extensive periods. And yet, the people with weapons that kill, who would be subjected to situations where rage would occur is greater than any athlete, are not tested.

do you have a source for that claim? i just ask because i don't recall reading any peer reviewed studies?

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 03:32 PM
link   

OceanSpray

Krakatoa

Bedlam

do you have a source for that claim? i just ask because i don't recall reading any peer reviewed studies?

I would have to dig it up, and it might take a while, but I will if you like.

ETA: What ya know, it's clarified right here.

Do steroids increase aggression, or is the apparent aggressiveness of steroid users simply a result of competitive gym rooms and the personalities of the bodybuilders who use them? That question has troubled researchers ever since the use of anabolic-androgenic steroids (AASs), such as testosterone, first became popular among bodybuilders in the 1970s. In animal models, the relationship between AASs and aggression is clear; in some studies, more than 80 percent of steroid-treated animals become extremely aggressive. In humans, however, the picture has been clouded by alternative explanations and a lack of hard evidence. Only in recent years have researchers been able to confirm that steroid-induced aggression--colloquially known as "roid rage"--is a real phenomenon that can occur in individuals who take large doses of steroids for extended periods of time.

American Psychological Association: More male than male

edit on 12/17/2013 by Krakatoa because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Krakatoa

OceanSpray

Krakatoa

Bedlam

I would have to dig it up, and it might take a while, but I will if you like.

ETA: What ya know, it's clarified right here.

Merican Psychological Association: More male than male

appreciate it, not calling you a liar, just that i have been out of that loop for 25 years so i have no idea what to think. i would find it hard to belive you can lump everyone in the same category though, just as not "everyone" goes crazy on alcohol or other drugs, yet some do.
edit on 17-12-2013 by OceanSpray because: (no reason given)

you snuck that in on me.

"These reactions to steroids cannot be explained purely by premorbid personality characteristics or expectational factors," says Pope. "There must be an actual biological phenomenon that occurs in some people. But which people? We don't know. The majority of men who take steroids don't experience problems, but the occasional person will have a very severe reaction." www.apa.org...

from your source i see even the squints don't know for sure. it may occur in animals 80% but human beings are quite different.
edit on 17-12-2013 by OceanSpray because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 03:40 PM
link   

They used to give you Lariam, too. I am mych more likely to shoot you on Lariam than some nandro.

eta: or running low on dip in the field. That could make me shooty as well.

edit on 17-12-2013 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 03:41 PM
link   

winofiend
I guess you have to think of it this way.

Every time you engage with a police officer, your life is in danger. How you act, will either save it, or end it.

No point arguing the facts of it being right or wrong, it's just how it is.

Next time you encounter a cop... remember, they will kill you for no reason. Don't give them that reason.

THIS.

Ultimately, however unsavory this may seem to us civilians - this couldn't be a more pragmatic approach nor more aptly stated. This is the whole of the matter and it's not going to change any time soon.

I work in an ER and deal with cops all the time. Granted, I'm obviously not the ones in custody but so far my interactions with them have been largely innocuous and agreeable, if not polite and friendly. Then again, I live in a small town with low crime and the cops are for the most part, seemingly just and fair.

Idk. Just don't give them a reason, that's always been my method. Then again, in many of these incidents the victim does not seem to give them a reason either. It's a convoluted issue and not at all a fair one. Just be as cooperative and humble as you can.

Prayers to the young man and his family.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join