It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

38 Test Answers That Are 100% Wrong But Totally Genius

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigent

Great stuff in both lists, but this one is my favorite. Simply, a wet stone.

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 01:15 AM
link   

ntfpdx
number 20 is a damn trick question, and the damn triangle isnt even a right angle, what a crap test

x's line is smaller then the bottom line, therefore is less than 3, but the solution is 4, wtf
edit on 17-12-2013 by ntfpdx because: (no reason given)

Math books rarely if ever draw the lines to scale. You're not supposed to use them as a guide for the answer. In this case you're supposed to take side B and side C then figure out side A. Taken out of context you can't solve the triangle with just the two given pieces of information, but it's pretty obvious what it's referring to.

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Loved number 31.............the teachers comment is priceless.
edit on 20-12-2013 by Tarzan the apeman. because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Indigent
I just want to add this list that have most of what is in the op but also some nice stuff like the 2 girls and a cup paper

www.buzzfeed.com...

The last one is hilarious, although I find it a bit odd that the teacher dotted her exclamation mark with a heart... o.O

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 05:23 PM
link   
The spelling thing brings me back to an idea I had years ago.

I think there should be a standardization of the English language.

Those of us who learned it as a first language take it for granted, but it's a difficult language to learn because it is very rarely spelled how it sounds. Notice how the kid put a Z for actual Z sounds.

Germany standardized their language into high German over 100years ago so nationwide kids would learn a simple (mostly) phonetic language that could be understood all over the country. Dialects still exist, but they are not taught in schools regionally anymore.

I think kids could focus on other more important things and excel much faster if they had a standardized language.

I'll use Finnish for an example because It's one language I know that all of its thousands of words, there are only TWO words in the whole language not pronounced EXACTLY as they are spelled.

Nyt on hyvä tilaisuus hinnoitella oma auto helposti ja jättää se vaikka myyntiin, nimittäin Hintalaskurin käyttö nyt joulukuun ajan

In the above sentence, every single time you see a certain letter, it is pronounced EXACTLY one way

A is always 'ahh'

E is always 'eh'

I is always 'ee'

etc etc and the accented letters are also ALWAYS pronounced just one way.

American kids aren't dumb, but our absolutely silly language that spells so many words nothing like they're pronounced makes it so our kids are still struggling with ENGLISH many years into school. Finnish kids don't struggle with spelling past elementary school, while in English nations plenty of adults can't spell worth a damn (and aye don't blaem them when nuthing iz speled laik it soundz!!)

Just the 'great vowel shift' that turned Danish/low-english into middle English is absolutely retarded

I mean WTF are all these "E"s doing on the end of words supposedly making the earlier vowel sound "hard"... LOL wut? :

Liek became Like

Faet became Fate

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by 8675309jenny

First of all, I love all the OP questions and answers. Just had to get that out there, because I laughed out loud here at work, and received some strange looks from people passing the window.

However, it must be said that where the English language is concerned, I believe it to be a wonderful, gorgeous, beautiful, endearing, interesting, fascinating, and above all, fun language to speak, to write, and to read. I would be deeply unhappy if it were to become anything less, or vastly different than it is today, by the time I die.

So please 8675309jenny, leave my beloved mother tongue as it is !

On the subject of the questions themselves, some of the mathematical questions are precisely the reason I hate mathematics. First of all, I believe that one should not be allowed to teach a subject like mathematics, unless one also has a perfect grasp of the English language. By perfect, I mean that the teachers every utterance must put one in mind of the finest written works ever devised by mankind. Otherwise, how is a mathematics teacher ever supposed to communicate the ideas which they are employed to instill in the children? The example where the teacher tries to explain that the answer is "even", is one of the poorest examples of written explanation that I have EVER seen in my life, and this teacher should not be allowed to instruct anyone, on anything until they learn to express themselves effectively, and accurately.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join