It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ed Leedskalnin said all matter is individual magnets (mabey hes right)

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 04:55 PM
link   
en.wikipedia.org...

Leedskalnin claimed that all matter was being acted upon by what he called "individual magnets". He also claimed that scientists of his time were looking in the wrong place for their understanding of electricity and that they were only observing "one half of the whole concept" with "one sided tools of measurement". For instance:
Magnets in general are indestructible. For instance you can burn wood and flesh. You can destroy the body, but you cannot destroy the magnets that hold together the body. They go somewhere else. Iron has more magnets than wood, and every different substance has a different number of magnets that hold the substance together. If I make a battery with copper for positive terminal and beef for negative terminal I get more magnets out of it than when I used copper for positive terminal and sweet potato for negative terminal. From this you can see that no two things are alike.[3]

======================= OPs discussion on Eds theory======================>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I have developed some diagrams below which might explain Eds theory that nature is made of magnets.

Some features of the diagrams show that the attraction forces between the Sun and Earth are due to the Sun having a North pole compared to the Earths South pole.

The starting point for understanding this theory is appreciating there was a large magnet as the starting point (the sun) and a small chunk broke of and became the earth. Then earth magnet itself split/separated into two inner and outer regions.

Therefore when i refer to North pole (in my dicussions and diragrams) this is just used as Arbitrary terms to designate greater density of magnetics held in the North pole location than the south pole location. At the starting level therefore the Sun holds a greater concentration of magnets in its density volume than the held in the density volume of earth.

The diagrams further explain and show how the creation of two different Poles due to different regions of magnetic density is a relative effect. The effect is demonstrated at the next level down the Earth itself. Where a breakdown of the Earth magnet is due to a greater amount of magnets being held in the Earths central volume compared to the outer volume region.

The diagrams below show using the analogy of electrical circuit that the breakdown distribution of magnets keeps going down in levels. Firstly a magnet is created by spliting earth from sun. Then the next level down anotehr magnet is created by splitting earth and outer earth into another magnet. This meaning the inner earth having greater density of magnetics than compared with the density of the magnets held in out region of earth.

The concentration of magnets in the earths outer region is such that only magnetic materials or ferro magnetic materials can be split further into north and south poles, so discernable field lines can be measured between north and south poles (eg drop metal filings over a magnet). The magnetism in non magnetic materials such as the flesh of a human is too weak to allow the split.

Despite some materials in the outer earth region being splitable into another level down of magnets, from perspective of the inner earth pole the entire outer region of earth looks like a common south pole. Therefore a human body will feel the same attractive force to the centre of earth as a ferromagnetic material on earths surface.

The magnetic poles of the earth in the northern and south Artic/Antartic regions may be explained as where deposits of cooled iron reside in earths middle region. These have been created by a concentration of magnetics split away from the inner earth pole, with this middle region then spliting through the pressure/ cooling process into two separate regions to allow more iron (greater concentration) of magnets occurs in the North Geographical region of earth than south.

edit on 16-12-2013 by AthlonSavage because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by AthlonSavage

Didn't he use sound to reverse the polarity of the stones at coral castle?
2nd

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by turboneon

Didn't he use sound to reverse the polarity of the stones at coral castle?
2nd

That's the theory yes. I may have a go at explaining how he did that using the system explained above. Of course this is all conjecture until some experiments are devisable which can demonstrate the truth.

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 07:12 PM
link   

How do you think the moon affects the magnetism of the Earth or Sun if any? The reason I ask is because it's said that Ed seemed to only work at night so others couldn't see how he did it. Maybe it wasn't because of the obscurity as much as it was he could do it easier because of the Moon.

He did have different fountains at the Coral Castle that showed the different stages of the Moon. Maybe that was a hint?
edit on 16-12-2013 by TheLieWeLive because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Ed always fascinated me so thanks for the thread Op. when reading your assessment, the first thing that came to mind was perhaps when Ed mentioned magnets, he was referring to frequency's. i have no idea if that makes any sense, but it's what i imagined he would be talking about.

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by TheLieWeLive

How do you think the moon affects the magnetism of the Earth or Sun if any? The reason I ask is because it's said that Ed seemed to only work at night so others couldn't see how he did it. Maybe it wasn't because of the obscurity as much as it was he could do it easier because of the Moon.

He did have different fountains at the Coral Castle that showed the different stages of the Moon. Maybe that was a hint?

I don't have a theory on that yet but certainly haven't discounted the position of heavenly bodies at certain times, angles from horizon must take place to promote a frequency which is required to produce the effect of anti gravity. This idea was first developed and explained in Captain Bruce Cathie (now deceased) world grid harmonic maths. The maths was a bit over my head but I got the idea of what he was explaining that contained within the geometry of a world energy grid are mathematical representations for gravity and speed of light tyoes of key values. I think Cathie was able to demonstrate the site Ed choose for Coral castle fell at the coordinate of a grid pole.

There was one you tube video I watched on Eds coral castle where the speaker described and showed various different types of radio tuners Ed had manufactured in his tool shop. Certainly gotta wonder how frequency into the equation.

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by OceanSpray

Yes magnets and frequency this could be the missing link in uncovering the secrets of Eds techiques, see my previous post reply above on this.

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Ed leedskalnin always fascinated me, the story of coral castle and his theories, just one of the many unique individuals that have been with us throughout history that I wish I could sit down and talk with for a while. Star and flag for you on this thread.

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Does anyone think his technique is similar to the method of construction of the pyramids?
2nd

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by turboneon

Does anyone think his technique is similar to the method of construction of the pyramids?
2nd

Ed told people he rediscovered the secrets of pyramid builders. If we can learn how he did it and duplicate it, and it does turn out to involve anti gravity float blocks the yes there will be incontrovertible proof what he said was true.

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Great thread.

I'm no scientist but I think magnetism is the key behind the universe's inner workings in some form or another. Sound waves is also a definite possibility, but this thread gives me another idea based on another thread I'm conjuring in my head.

I'm thinking that the Earth must have magnetic pressure points and at these certain points a human can manipulate matter/ forms in ways that they can't at other places on the planet. I've read other threads where is says that ancient temples and places of worship are built at certain lattitude/ longitude points. I forget the actual term for it, but what if the Coral Castle is built at one of these points and at this point was where Leedskalin was able to work his magic? What if it really is just a matter of location, location, location.?

What say you, ATS?

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 10:09 PM
link   

AthlonSavage
Ed told people he rediscovered the secrets of pyramid builders. If we can learn how he did it and duplicate it, and it does turn out to involve anti gravity float blocks the yes there will be incontrovertible proof what he said was true.
Wally Wallington also said he knows how to build pyramids and he's more than willing to demonstrate how he uses primitive technology like sticks and stones to move anything, and he can even do it without help from other people.

Wally Wallington can move Anything

Here's what Ed Leedskalnin used:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Blackmarketeer
He must not have had a whole lot of confidence in his magnetism theory, as he seemed awfully reliant on his trusty rig...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/09ab04affd83.jpg[/atsimg]

Leedskalnin even had a smaller block and tackle to haul up the heavier block and tackle.

I'm totally shocked AthlonSavage, that someone with your education in electricity and magnetism wouldn't immediately recognize there is proof readily available that Leedskalnin's theory is totally without merit. We have more precise measurements than ever of the magnetic fields of the Earth, moon and sun and these conclusively prove that what Leedskalnin claimed about them is wrong. I suggest you look up this information and then correlate it with this claim of Leedskalnins:

www.keelynet.com...

The moon's North end holds South Pole magnets the
same as the earth's North end. The moon's South end holds North Pole magnets the same as the earth's South end. Those people who have been wondering why the moon does not come down all they have to do is to give the moon one-half of a turn so that the North end would be in South side, and South end in the North side, and then the moon would come down. At present the earth and the moon have like magnet poles in the same sides so their own magnet poles keep themselves apart, but when the poles are reversed, then they will pull together.
If you don't come to the conclusion that Leedskalnin has absolutely no idea what he's talking about, then I gave you and your education way too much credit, but I'm still hopeful you can see it if you investigate it a little.

Keep in mind that the polarity of the Earth's magnetic field flips every so often (as does the sun's) and this very well documented fact should be enough to completely dismiss Leedskalnin's delusions immediately, since the moon didn't come crashing down when the pole flips happened as Leedskalnin said it would. (He wasn't very well educated and probably didn't even realize the Earth's poles had flipped numerous times, which blows his joke of a theory completely out of the water).
edit on 16-12-2013 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by lostbook

Bruce Cathie (now deceased) was the foremost authority on the theory of the worlds energy grid.

en.wikipedia.org...

His central thesis was that the laws of mathematics describe a grid-like pattern on the earth that powers flying saucers and controls the dates and places where nuclear bombs can function

Dates/time and location can surely be locked into this mystery. What is really required is some actual experiments devised and results analysed to test the harmonic grid theory. An experiment could of be to duplicate the possible levitation Ed was using to move 30 tonne rocks.

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

We have more precise measurements than ever of the magnetic fields of the Earth, moon and sun and these conclusively prove that what Leedskalnin claimed about them is wrong.

You mean like knowing that the Moon does not have a bipolar magnetic field?
You mean like knowing that the Sun does not have a bipolar magnetic field?

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Arb

This Thread is about exploring Eds theory and looking at it further without claiming anything written is proof. I already have said previously his theory is conjecture but some experiments might be deviseable to ascertain the merit in his theories/ideas/

Sorry Arb this threads its not about you, talking over everyone else. Your have contributed your views to this thread Eds and his theory are bunk, so you have no logical reason to participate in this thread anymore other than for narcisstic reasons.

On that I have my own theory on you. Your a narcissistic poster who will always do his best to pull a personal slant on the OP. Your actually a person I wont reply to anymore on Ats your a waste of time on earth.

If you don't come to the conclusion that Leedskalnin has absolutely no idea what he's talking about, then I gave you and your education way too much credit, but I'm still hopeful you can see it if you investigate it a little.

Have a nice life and don't let this threads door hit you on the way out.

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Yes, for starters.

AthlonSavage
This Thread is about exploring Eds theory and looking at it further without claiming anything written is proof. I already have said previously his theory is conjecture but some experiments might be deviseable to ascertain the merit in his theories/ideas/
We already have observations to discredit his ideas. I'm not sure why you'd need more experiments when they are already proven false.

If there is no proof then the appropriate forum would be skunk works, not science and technology. You are actually supposed to provide proof of scientific claims in this forum. There is no such requirement in skunk works and the forum heading says so.

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 10:32 PM
link   

We already have observations to discredit his ideas. I'm not sure why you'd need more experiments when they are already proven false.

If there is no proof then the appropriate forum would be skunk works, not science and technology. You are actually supposed to provide proof of scientific claims in this forum. There is no such requirement in skunk works and the forum heading says so.

This thread is not about you and your hatred. Go find another thread to dump your garbage spam on.

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 10:37 PM
link   

It's not hatred, rather, it's love of truth.

I'm always willing to have my ideas, posts and supporting proof challenged. It's a sign of a weak position indeed that can't withstand a request for supporting evidence, since that's what science is all about.

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 10:43 PM
link   

I'm always willing to have my ideas, posts and supporting proof challenged. It's a sign of a weak position indeed that can't withstand a request for supporting evidence, since that's what science is all about.

ill make it clear to you since you seem not to be getting the message, I don't want a personality like you in this thread. This thread clearly has explained its intent to discuss through Eds ideas on magnetism. Since he was to achieve what no other single man could with construction this thread is about respecting his achievement and exploring his ideas of magnetism. It is not about exploring your ideas Arb, got it.

Leave this thread please your not wanted. In fact do me a favour and stay out of my threads and ill stay out of yours seems like a goo deal. Lastly i have read enough of your posts in threads to see you have no idea what science is about, all your about is bringing a thread down to a level of personal insults.

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Appears this thread got skunky even not being in the skunk works. Ed used terminology that was familiar to him to explain what he was explaining, many things are in laymans terms or as best as he could describe them. Of course using the exact terms scientifically instead of what Ed was trying to explain will result in a failure in experiements.

As a retired engineer, who has worked with many people desk jockey's/cube dwellers/field workers and on all types of engineering... I can tell you that there are many many many engineers working off theory at a desk, with absolutely zero real word experience with what they are designing... that's why engineering companies and firms typically have an R&D department.

Ok... basic understanding of what Ed was doing in 5th grade scence, whether you're a rocket scientist or can't even make toast.

Remember that little static electricity demonstration, either with a balloon or a comb with paper squares? You rub the heck out of one to align the electrons so they behave as a magnet? That is Ed's meaning of magnets. Not actual magnets... but as a layman if you observe an aparent magnetic effect; what else are you going to call it?

Ok, on top of Ed's tripod he had a battery with power lines running down and lines also running into his little hovel, in this little hovel he had a hand cranked genny set up. It's not mentioned in many places but he wrapped the stones in a coil like fashion. Attached to the coil wrapped banding around the stones, were the wires heading to the battery and out to the hand crank he used to produce power and a magnetic moment in the coil stones. The chains and hoists were simply used to help guide the stones in place. Lifting and raising things with electromagnetics is neither rocket science nor out of the realm of those that can't even make toast. Certinally not out of the realm of an immigrant with a good old fix it not replace it upbringing.

Everyone I met in my old field, with that type of upbringing had so much ingenuity and bare hands on know how, they could just look at a drawing and say why or why it wouldn't work and give at least 3 other options to solve the same problem... and not know how to do any of the math involved, the tensile strengths of materials, or even the correct terminology. If I opened a design engineering firm I would not hire a single person with zero hands on real world experience... but every single one of them all handyman types to go along with the education. The intial interview would be something like repair that washing machine, the follow up one replace the sheared key on that lawn mower... it would hands down be the best engineering firm on the East coast.

School learning? Pfft worthless most of the time, what good is knowing a concept from rote memorization? Yay you can dictate something you have no actual experience with and until you do you will never understand it... that's the problem in many scientific fields, it's like reading about swimming and claiming to be an expert and have never swam. Then you hear about someone swimming in a fashion not in the books... the "expert" on the subject is the first to yell bollocks.

Most people that have read Ed's works have no idea what the hell he is talking about, because they have certain concepts for what he is describing already preconcieved in mind.

Here's 3 ways to magnetize a screw driver for instance that you won't find in a current textbook or Joe average on the street has no idea about... and it's all from doing and having experience. Grab a compass, find North grab two screw drivers hold one directly North and start rubbing it with the other, in one direction guess what? Magnet. Get a screw driver and a hammer, Point the driver North then quickly give it a sharp blow with the hammer guess what? Magnet. Grab a screw driver a length of bare copper wire and a battery, wrap the copper wire around the driver shaft, attach one end of the wire to the negative of the battery, now quickly touch the other end to the positive post of the battery guess what? Yes a small spark but also: magnet.

Sorry to rant a bit in this but it irks me to no end when the armchair professors with google attack Ed or any subject they have no direct hands on experience with. Few even bother to look at the crystaline properties the Dolomite stone Ed built Coral Castle with either... everyone glosses, scratches their head and slashes their rain forrest of confusion down like it were Occams machete, because it's easier to dismiss and go with what's accepted than take the time to understand the subject intimately as if it were ones own.

The great pyramid was built using an internal ramp system btw.

Good day.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join