It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists Discover a Jewel at the Heart of Quantum Physics

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 11:05 AM
link   
People are going to amazed at how much of this knowledge has been in front of their face in ancient carvings, drawings, paintings, etc through all these years. They will finally understand that they have only rediscovered what was once known and eventually the true history of life on this planet will be brought from the shadows it's been kept in for so long.

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Wouldn't it be a trip if the i'ching described the fundamental energetics of matter?

you got up/down or on/off
you got 8 fundamental "tri grams"
then 64 hexagrams

somehow use these to define the 3d "crystal" for that state of matter.

just thinking aloud...

p.s. Kabbalistic Tree of Life too, for that matter...
edit on 17-12-2013 by Sahasrara because: just another ancient geometry system that might turn out to match

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 12:58 PM
link   

swanne
The problem with that, is that these "neurones" take billion of years to communicate between themselves, due to the distance and the relatively slow speed of light. If it's a brain, then it's the slowest, least efficient brain ever...

You are looking at it from a human perspective though, and you are leaving out the rest of the big picture.

1) Although to humans "a billion years" is a long time, to the Universe it may only seem like a millisecond or less.

2) The Universal brain is not just the interactions between stars, planets, and galaxies. It is also the interaction between all atoms, and sub-atomic particles, and all matter. From lighting strikes between the rain clouds and Earth, to the aurora borealis, to simple electrostatic discharges between your fingers and a door knob, and chemical reactions in a school science laboratory... all interactions that exists are functions of this giant Universal brain. Even our actual human brains are a part of the Universe as well, so our brains contribute to the One large Universal brain.

Not just the Macro, but the Micro as well. Every action is a thought in the giant Universal mind.
edit on 17-12-2013 by WeAre0ne because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Mon1k3r

It's not ego, it's scientific fact.

Show me today's scientific fact, and I'll show you tomorrow's stone age.

Then you should show us your Nobel Prize since there are certainly things you seem to have "one upped" Einstein on.

No Nobel Prize?

Ok, do you at least have a paper in arxiv or somewhere that I can read to see your math?

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by RomeByFire

I'm giving you a star just for your Avatar! It's cool.

Another line to say, yes, old world knowledge finding its way to our little time of "new" thought, eh?
edit on 12 17 2013 by Divine Strake because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

theres a God in my soup, waiter!

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 01:53 PM
link   

JadeStar
Then you should show us your Nobel Prize since there are certainly things you seem to have "one upped" Einstein on.

No Nobel Prize?

Ok, do you at least have a paper in arxiv or somewhere that I can read to see your math?

Most Nobel Prizes are given to those who improve currently held scientific theories, not to those who completely throw out current theories for completely new ones which are better. That is because mainstream scientists are too invested in what they know. They do not want to fathom the idea that all the time and money they spent learning what they have learned in college was ill spent on temporary ideas.

For instance, completely ridding the idea of "time" in science, because "time" doesn't exist. Hence destroying Einsteins "space-time" theory, and Relativity. Replace that with the fact that "time" is an illusion, and the so-called "time dilation" effect it caused by something else entirely.

Like the idea that "time" is simply our memory and assumption of constant "change", and there is only a "now" that is constantly changing. The faster something travels, the faster it is "changing", and the more energy it contains, causing all the atoms to "age" faster... well "change" faster. Hence, why atomic clocks are wrong when one travels faster than the other. Various other phenomena that is explained by "time dilatation" can be explained the same way.

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 01:55 PM
link   

People are going to amazed at how much of this knowledge has been in front of their face in ancient carvings, drawings, paintings, etc through all these years. They will finally understand that they have only rediscovered what was once known and eventually the true history of life on this planet will be brought from the shadows it's been kept in for so long.

I doubt that will be happening anytime soon. As the people that have been hoarding that information for centuries arent about to give up their power in a hurry.

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 02:41 PM
link   

WeAre0ne

JadeStar

No Nobel Prize?

Most Nobel Prizes are given to those who improve currently held scientific theories,

They are also given to people like Einstein who revolutionize a field.

For instance, completely ridding the idea of "time" in science, because "time" doesn't exist. Hence destroying Einsteins "space-time" theory, and Relativity. Replace that with the fact that "time" is an illusion, and the so-called "time dilation" effect it caused by something else entirely.

Then why does your GPS work? Because if what you said was correct it wouldn't.

And I still want to see that persons paper.

Lots of people can make up whatever theory they want that they believe "proves" an established theory, law, fact, field somehow "wrong".

But the ones which should be taken serious generally have rigorous math/logic and tend to be published in a paper somewhere.
edit on 17-12-2013 by JadeStar because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 04:06 PM
link   

So now the G in the middle of the square and compass used in Masonic symbolism becomes a little less mysterious. Frame it with geometric tools and the G is clearly a geometric reference but also a reference to God as the source of Masonic thought.

Or, perhaps those Masons are just a bunch of old guys who like to think they know some secrets or like to do good deeds.

You decide.

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Very cool find!! Sacred Geometry!

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 04:40 PM
link   

pgwodhouse

So now the G in the middle of the square and compass used in Masonic symbolism becomes a little less mysterious. Frame it with geometric tools and the G is clearly a geometric reference but also a reference to God as the source of Masonic thought.

Or, perhaps those Masons are just a bunch of old guys who like to think they know some secrets or like to do good deeds.

You decide.

I thought the G stood for Gnostic.
We all know Lucifer is the "God" of masonic thought.
Lucifer the light bringer. The bringer of knowledge that blinds us with complacency and arrogance of "knowing better than others" and feelings of self importance that we may overthrow God.

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 04:51 PM
link   

JadeStar

That is completely incorrect.

Science has discovered a phenomena that two identical atomic clocks show different times when one has been traveling faster than the other, or one is in a weaker gravitational field than the other. Knowledge of this phenomena allows us to keep clocks on GPS satellites synchronized with clocks on Earth, otherwise our GPS satellites would drift.

The phenomena exists no matter what theory you use to explain it.

You can explain it with Einsteins horrible theory of space-time, and Relativity, and call it "time dilation". Or you can explain it with the truth; that "time" doesn't even exist, only constant "change" does. Things that travel faster are changing faster, and if that thing is a clock, it will tick faster.

Einstein's calculations may still be accurate, to calculate the rate of change the clock would experience. But it has nothing to do with time.

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by WeAre0ne

Interesting.

Its as if you believe that our concept of time is our limited way of noting the increase in entropy that all things are undergoing, constantly. That is certainly a fascinating train of thought, and the function of atomic clocks, using the rate of decay as a marker is an interesting echo of that premise. I like that idea.

Kudos for making me go "Hmmm" WeAreOne! Its been some months since a suggestion on these boards made me do that to this degree!

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Makes total sense when you really think about it.

I'm pretty familiar with concepts in the world of the science and really, pretty much everything we perceive are shapes deciphered by the brain.

Colors, sounds, smells, taste, texture, on and on and on its all determined by the atomic shape of an object, its all just psychological interpretations of the shapes around us.
edit on 17-12-2013 by twistedlogic because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 07:04 PM
link   

WeAre0ne

JadeStar

That is completely incorrect.

Science has discovered a phenomena that two identical atomic clocks show different times when one has been traveling faster than the other, or one is in a weaker gravitational field than the other. Knowledge of this phenomena allows us to keep clocks on GPS satellites synchronized with clocks on Earth, otherwise our GPS satellites would drift.

The phenomena exists no matter what theory you use to explain it.

You can explain it with Einsteins horrible theory of space-time, and Relativity, and call it "time dilation". Or you can explain it with the truth; that "time" doesn't even exist, only constant "change" does. Things that travel faster are changing faster, and if that thing is a clock, it will tick faster.

Einstein's relativity explains WHY this happens.

So far you haven't.

Care to describe the mechanism for such? Show your work.
edit on 17-12-2013 by JadeStar because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by TDawg61

I concur, unfortunately like the physical world, our mortal life is temporary and were we to live hundreds of years, our self destructive nature would come out and we would destroy ourselves and everyone else around (as we do now).

Nothing lasts for ever, it dies and is reborn as an idea, possibility becoming intent...I believe Quantum mechanics will eventually allow us to understand the nature of god and ourselves - multiple states of existence all at once for example.

We need to widen our vision and start letting go of archaic science (that has become a religion for many) if we are to truly advance further as a species, body and spirit hand in hand.

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 08:47 PM
link   

cant wait to read

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Geometry? maybe, but only as it relates to dimensions. man is still in a three dimensional world thinking he is clever and the only thing of higher existence. That's not only stupid, it's really stupid.

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Sacred Geometry

Been reading about it for decades.

While more recently people like Nassim Haramein or Garrett Lisi have attempted to present their cases about it (yet got ridiculed) and for many the belief is actually attributed to Plato when he wrote "God geometrizes continually". It turns out the Greeks were really interested in geometry; pythagoras himself was trying to relate it to sound & harmonics.

Many people find it silly, I always found it interesting.

It's nice to see how it affects computation speed, like someone mentioned earlier in the thread; things are speeding up exponentially.

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join