It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists Discover a Jewel at the Heart of Quantum Physics

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 02:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Mon1k3r

One thing that I think needs to be universally understood, but is explained away by countless seeming logics, is that the expansion/inflation of the universe does not expand outside of us and our environment, we expand within the space. That is to say that as galaxies are moving away from each other, so are atoms, and the space between nuclei and electron clouds, and the space between quarks.

Space expands between the galaxies, but space doesn't really expand inside of galaxies because the positive energy of the galaxies gravity counteracts the negative dark energy and stops the galaxies from shooting apart in the same way all the galaxies move away from each other.

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 02:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Mon1k3r

Control is a very important endeavor to maintain when one has it. Repression is the biggest business.

My favorite example in broad day light of this in action is the CD. First they sold CD players for a grand each, milked that out as long as possible, then they released the tech to burn them for a grand each, more milking... then they released the players the would not only burn but rewrite for yet another grand each, when we could have had the rewrite from the very first. It's a very good example of how this control process works in all sectors.

Not to mention the psyops games to manipulate the markets, oh no fiscal cliff to exploit the bond market, oh no terrorism to exploit the oil trade, of course to keep control you have to manufacture and manipulate things in your favor to stack the deck.

Make people think they are more than animals so they won't know they are being manipulated using their animal drives beyond their control... it's spectacular the amount of thought and vision that has gone into rigging the game and the game has been rigged for a very very very long time.

Reseacrh the story of the Unilever company, with soft soap... the existing soap companies had a commanding foothold how did unilever squeeze in? They bought up every bit of tech that would dispense liquid soap as a hand pump... the big companies had no choice but let them in

But yeah this post is cool and yet seemingly old news to many people at the same time by thousands of years, because of repression. I actually use the repression, and other scare the market tactics as a predictive tool... great for investments if you wanna play the game as an outsider, might as well see it and play it, it's not going anywhere any time soon.

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 02:31 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Seems to me this further supports the strong notion that this universe is a simulation and geometry is fundamental, just like our infinitely more simplistic 3D simulations and video games.

I think there is a truer reality outside of this simulation that is consciousness (digital?) at the deepest level.

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 02:46 AM
link   

ChaoticOrder
reply to post by Mon1k3r

One thing that I think needs to be universally understood, but is explained away by countless seeming logics, is that the expansion/inflation of the universe does not expand outside of us and our environment, we expand within the space. That is to say that as galaxies are moving away from each other, so are atoms, and the space between nuclei and electron clouds, and the space between quarks.

Space expands between the galaxies, but space doesn't really expand inside of galaxies because the positive energy of the galaxies gravity counteracts the negative dark energy and stops the galaxies from shooting apart in the same way all the galaxies move away from each other.

This is what it seems like is happening, this is what we're led to believe, but believe me, by the time you're a full grown adult, you're actually the size of a mountain relative to the size you were when you were born. You can believe that the universe expands/inflates independent from you, or your realm of observation and understanding, but that's ego as much as it is limited perception.

If you live in space, you do what space does, and you have no choice. You understand that your entire physical being is 99.99% empty space, so therefore, you are pretty much space and there's no escaping that fundamental truth.

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 02:50 AM
link   
I wonder if there are other universes outside of ours?

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 02:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Mon1k3r

This is what it seems like is happening, this is what we're led to believe, but believe me, by the time you're a full grown adult, you're actually the size of a mountain relative to the size you were when you were born. You can believe that the universe expands/inflates independent from you, or your realm of observation and understanding, but that's ego as much as it is limited perception.

It would be easy to tell if the space inside our galaxy was expanding at any considerable rate. It's not ego, it's scientific fact.

EDIT: here's one of my recent threads that you might find interesting:
Negative Energy & Negative Space - A New Theoretical Model
edit on 17/12/2013 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 03:04 AM
link   

ChaoticOrder
It would be easy to tell if the space inside our galaxy was expanding at any considerable rate. It's not ego, it's scientific fact.

If everything expands at the same relative rate, then there wouldn't be any point of reference, and everything would appear exactly as it does. If everything were to become extremely tiny all of a sudden, then everything would still appear the same, because it would all be relative. We would notice no change.

It is self-centric to believe that space expands, but that we are excluded. Or that our planet, or our galaxy is excluded. The space between galaxies is no different from the space between the nucleus and the electron cloud. Space is space, and if it expands in a particular way, then we expand in that particular way with it. We exist within space, space exists within us, and we, simply being matter with consciousness obey the laws of physics just as everything else.

Dark matter and dark energy are just scientificky words for 'I don't know', and string theory is no more than a contrived diversionary tactic.
edit on 17-12-2013 by Mon1k3r because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 03:10 AM
link   

It's not ego, it's scientific fact.

Show me today's scientific fact, and I'll show you tomorrow's stone age.

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 03:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Mon1k3r

If everything expands at the same relative rate, then there wouldn't be any point of reference, and everything would appear exactly as it does.

That is not true, more space means it would take longer for the forces to propagate across that space and there would be very noticeable affects in the way matter behaves.

Space is space, and if it expands in a particular way, then we expand in that particular way with it.

The difference between the space inside the galaxies and the space between the galaxies is that the space between the galaxies is almost entirely empty, there is no mass to counteract the expansion. Inside our galaxy there is a lot of mass and it prevents the space from expanding at any measurable rate.

Dark matter and dark energy are just scientificky words for 'I don't know', and string theory is no more than a contrived diversionary tactic.

Dark matter can easily be measured by observing how light is bent as it travels around a galaxy, via this method it's possible to "weigh" galaxies by seeing how much they warp the space around them. There is clearly some type of invisible mass surrounding all galaxies because they weigh a lot more than they should based on how much visible matter they contain, and the way galaxies rotate also indicates the existence of dark matter. Dark energy must also exist for the simple fact that the universe is measurably expanding at an accelerating rate. It cannot accelerate without some sort of energy which allows it to do so.

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 04:01 AM
link   
I'm glad you're so sure about all that. But it's like gravity, they say it's the law, but really it's just math describing what it seems like we observe. Math verifies what we think we're seeing, we wrap our observations in math and consider it the truth. You can math up gravity, inertia... perfectly describe with numbers exactly what is happening as a function of time, but no one can tell you why.

Look up Walter Russel, Oliver Heviside, go back to Faraday and examine their observations and the conclusions they made regarding them. The world of science was much different up until 1923. We haven't lost knowledge, it's been taken away from us.

Did you know that electricity does not flow through a conductor? Electricity flows through a magnetic condition caused by the electrification of a conductor. But if it doesn't flow through the conductor, through what does it flow? How does it propagate?
edit on 17-12-2013 by Mon1k3r because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 04:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Mon1k3r

Gravity and electricity are things that no one fully understands, but they are still clearly things which exist. Just like dark matter and dark energy exist, despite our poor understanding of them. There is no way around it, the observational data at this point is undeniable.

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 06:29 AM
link   
I have always been interested in physics. I am not a math guy (no quantum physics math anyway), but I like to read about the underlying theories. The more I read, I soon began to think that they may be grasping at straws about a lot of what they know. And many quantum physicist just flat out say, it gets really weird and they don't know what the hell is going on. If you want to read something pretty freaky, look up quantum eraser. After comprehending that little gem, I have come to the conclusion that this place ain't here. Eisenstein knew. He didn't like it one damn bit, but he knew. One of his quotes was "space in and of itself, does not exist". Think about that. If there is no place to put something, then.....
The quantum eraser tells us that this place is made up from an available data set. You can change the data, after the fact, and change what the world is and was. I good book that gets close, IMO, is My Big Toe. Toe is Theory of Everything. This guy (Tom Campbell) says all complex systems are comprised of smaller less complex systems (can't argue that). So following that to a logical conclusion, the underlying data set is digital. The data set is aware and conscious (as are we, and we are only a part of it). Decreasing entropy is the good we all know. Increasing it is the bad we all know. If you decrease the entropy too much, the whole system collapses into chaos. That is why bad is bad! Anyway, look up these things if you like quantum physics. I always love it when men of science get the 'holy #' conclusion that spirituality and 'something much bigger' creeps into their science.
edit on 17-12-2013 by ErnestT because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-12-2013 by ErnestT because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 07:01 AM
link   

spacedoubt
reply to post by BlueMule

I'm not completely sure how mystical something is, if it can be explained, or deciphered by by math?

Things are only mystical because people don't really understand what is going on. There are plenty of folk traditions for curing illness in that way.

There was a tradition in Torry, Aberdeen back in the 1800's, of using "unspoken water" to treat sick children.
"Unspoken water" was collected by going underneath a bridge (where the living walk and the dead are carried), collecting a bucket of water then rushing back home while speaking to no-one on the way back, then using that water to bathe the kid, and throwing the bucket and water over the roof.

A modern explanation would be that the river water was fresh water, that the moss underneath the bridge had antibacterial properties, and by rushing home, that reduced the chances of bacterial contamination. Throwing the water over the roof would also wash away any seagull or bird poop that was contaminating the air.

Let's say there is some atomic particle that consists of three sub-atomic particles, and these sub-atomic particles can be any one of two states (up and down), and switch between those periodically. Then you could draw a state diagram which would form the shape of a cube. With a bit of optimization, you can reduce this down to a square or a wheel with four spokes, as there are really only four states (0 up, 1 up, 2 up, 3 up) . Then the mystics would say "that is the true power of the square". But the geometry is simply a matter of convenience.

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Riiight.

So, lets be realistic about this. The researchers have not actually discovered any kind of jewel what so ever, just an elegant bit of mathematics which is based on some weird property of a hypothetical geometric figure, which appears to make extremely complicated mathematics incredibly simple, or at least, simpler than it was before. However, lets face it, any mathematics that has to be refracted through an imaginary prism to make sense is hardly going to make sense to most of us, least of all me! Lets face it, where mathematics is concerned, I use a calculator any time there is anything more complicated to work out than giving the correct change!

I really do think that it is all very impressive though. First of all, simplifying anything as complicated as physics related mathematical constructs by enough of a degree, to allow that which is normally achieved via computing to be done on the back of the proverbial envelope, is incredible in and of itself, but the wit to come up with such a thought is staggering to consider.

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 07:48 AM
link   

The data set is aware and conscious (as are we, and we are only a part of it).

We really are living in a giant brain, aren't we? Giant being relative, of course - but still!

themindunleashed.org...

From the above source:

"According to a study published in Nature’s Scientific Reports, the universe may be growing in the same way as a giant brain – with the electrical firing between brain cells ‘mirrored’ by the shape of expanding galaxies."

It's cool to be here to witness the dawning realization of where we truly are.

I hope I'm around to witness the dawning realization of what we're truly supposed to be doing here.

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by followingpythagoras

The problem with that, is that these "neurones" take billion of years to communicate between themselves, due to the distance and the relatively slow speed of light. If it's a brain, then it's the slowest, least efficient brain ever...

Shaving cream also has foam-like brain-like structure, that doesn't mean my shaving cream is a Brain-in-a-Can.

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Jewel?
I could have told you that,

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Life has such extraordinary beauty at its very core huh? I would like that picture in the OP sized for an avatar. A powerful subliminal, anything to help you know.

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 09:03 AM
link   

BigBrotherDarkness
reply to post by Mon1k3r

Make people think they are more than animals so they won't know they are being manipulated using their animal drives beyond their control... it's spectacular the amount of thought and vision that has gone into rigging the game and the game has been rigged for a very very very long time.

Starred your post because it's generally correct, but I completely disagree with the part I've highlighted above.

Humans ARE more than animals... we're spirit trapped in animal body, gifted with complete free will. And because of that, two things are true: (1) we can make the choice to succumb to base animal instincts, or (2) we can choose to rise above them.

It's the second truth--the fact that we have the option to rise above our worst selves--that TPTB work to intentionally conceal.

(And remember! Doing nothing, exercising no free will and merely allowing those animal instincts to pull you in whichever direction they may... well, that's still a choice.
)

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 10:16 AM
link   
What a fascinating thread. Thank-you Slayer69 for bringing this to our collective attention.

I've just finished page one of the thread, and suspect that it will develop nicely. This is a truly exciting piece of scientific news, with potential overflow into many fields of study.

'The Jewel at the Heart of All' - romantic, mystical notions blending with science. I also caught the relevance to the idea of Platonic solids when reading the OP. Wonderful stuff.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join