It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Want to check in n ATS member who said he's dying

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Hello,
I started a Thread about a year ago, and on page 5 an ATS Member stated he's dying and sounded in the tone of his post like he wanted someone to visit and console him.

I must have missed the post or else I would have u2u'ed him then and offerred to stop by since I am not to far from him and have family near by. The post was just recently brought to my attention by another ATS member, and since then I have u2u'ed him but he hasn't logged in since April.

Is there anyway any of the Board Members can send him an e-mail to the email he used to register on ATS as a sort of Courtesy check?

Username: RevRay

Here's the thread:
Page 5 of thread, 8th post down

Thanks

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by dominicus

If you check his posts, you will see last one was in April this year. He mentioned he had a bad heart and won't live long. Not much else.....except he said he was 60 years old.

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by dominicus

Oh my gosh!

That is so kind of you.

*wow*

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 04:49 PM
link   
hope he's at peace wherever
dead or alive

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 07:24 PM
link   
It is always so frustrating and sad when a member disappears, especially if they were ill. We seem to have a growing number of such members.

I have a friend that I appointed to notify my forums if anything happens to me. That way, no will have to wonder what the hell happened to me. Once I had computer problems and was without it for a couple of weeks or more. Once I got back online I had all these e-mails and private messages with people who were worried sick. I was so touched and had no idea I made that much of a difference in people's lives.

Please know that many of us here consider members here as our ATS family and we do genuinely care about you. Please appoint someone to post at ATS and let us know why you havn't been around.
edit on 16-12-2013 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 07:32 PM
link   
I have never posted in the ATS boards, I have all ways been a roamer just reading up on all the wonderful information you guys/girls post. This post is the one that made me join ATS as a member so I could reply to your post.

It literally was so heart warming to hear that a person, never having met this member, would wish to not only know how he is, but also wish to visit this member if so wished.

Gives me hope in humanity...

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 01:10 AM
link   
Your kindness, empathy and care is truly touching. I wish we had more people like that on this planet...

But sadly the ATS privacy policy strictly forbids the sharing of any personal information of any member. Unless anyone knew them personally (and is already in possession of an e-mail address or other contact details) there isn't much anyone can do.

Another sad truth is that people lie. You won't believe how many times members have "faked" their own death just for the sake of attention. Many, many times.
And bad people prey on the goodness of kind people which is why we have a very strict no solicitation policy. When kind people discover they have been fooled they turn into unkind people... We don't want that.

So the best you can do is imagine a scenario of what happened to said member, make you peace with it and move on. Yes it's harsh, but that is all we can do.

Closed.

new topics

top topics

join