It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Intelligent Design is a self evident truth

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+17 more 
posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 02:36 PM
link   
In science, there are things that are self evident. For example, an apple falling from a tree, rain, the seasons, snow or the sun shining.

Science can now tell you why the sun shines or why an apple falls to the ground.

Intelligent Design is a self evident truth. When we see it, we know it. When we see an airplane, television, car or computer monitor we know it was designed by intelligence. It's a self evident truth.

This also applies to DNA. The genetic code is a clear example of intelligent design.

What are the key components to a system that was designed by intelligence? There's 2 of them.

The first component is, you will find instructions. These instructions will be letters, numbers or symbols that are in a sequence that instructs the production of cars, DVD players and yes, proteins. Intelligence will give the sequence of these letters, numbers and symbols.

The second component, is machinery. Intelligence will then design machinery to read this sequence of letters, numbers and symbols.

Again, we see this in DNA, DVD players, cars and everything else designed by intelligence.

When DNA is in a regulatory sequence you get promoters and operators that regulate the production of proteins. You get sequences that produce proteins. You get transcription, translation, error correction and now a new discovery about a second hidden code gives us gene control through what's called duons.

For instance if I were to write aaccThehhhjMANhhiuACROSSnnmmTHEjddfSTREET. I would first have to give meaning to the sequence of the letters THE MAN ACROSS THE STREET. I would then design machinery that can scan the letters and can pick out the sequence of letters that say THE MAN ACROSS THE STREET. This is what's happening with DNA. Sequences of DNA letters are being transcribed and translated. Even when a mistake occurs, it can be caught through error correction.

It doesn't get any clearer than this.

What happened is, people looked at the phenotype and came up with a convoluted theory of evolution. This theory eventually ran into the instructions(DNA) and it has just gotten worse and worse for the convoluted theory of evolution.

Evolution is the end result of intelligent design. It's the end result of a sequence of DNA letters that instruct the regulation and production of proteins.

Nature can produce design. It can produce a mountainside or a snowflake. It can't produce a snowflake that will translate and transcribe regulatory sequences on another snowflake.

Also, why does "nature" exclude intelligence or consciousness? When people say this happened naturally why does naturally mean without God, intelligence or consciousness? Where's the evidence that nature excludes God, consciousness or intelligence?
edit on 16-12-2013 by neoholographic because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by neoholographic

Be prepared to defend. Don't give up and never surrender.

Good luck to you sir and god speed...

And just to stay on topic, my belief doesn't matter, because it's self evident

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by sulaw

Yes, because the people with science are right behind me and they'd like a word with this fellow about getting facts from inside fortune cookies.

+14 more 
posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 02:44 PM
link   
"Self-evident" is French for, "Science doesn't support my fairy tale version of how things work, so I'll just go with the 'just because' approach to explaining how all of this came to be."

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 02:46 PM
link   

DNA is one hell of a design, whatever or whomever got it rolling. RNA? Don't get me started.
edit on 16-12-2013 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

+14 more 
posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 02:51 PM
link   
If it was self-evident you wouldn't need faith.

You need a lot of faith to make the jump from naturally occurring to god did it.

Sorry but I have seen soooo many threads like this and they all fall flat.

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Sure, why not? Believe whatever you want to believe, and never bother to question all the assumptions upon which you base those beliefs. Just be sure to hang around people who believe the same way, and you'll always feel safe and right. That the most important thing.

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 03:00 PM
link   

It is self evident you don't have a clue about how science works.

Good science is backed up by fact & observation of those facts.

Ok so you say that ID self evident.

Prove it with scientific fact.

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Now... Now... All you scientific hardliners... There's a rebutle from our OP somewhere in here... Rebutle... Rebutle... Who has the rebutle...

God did it!

Take it easy on him... Or not...

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Why does it have to mean God? What if an advanced, space faring species wanted to do an experiment to see how life can form from bio-material constructed in a lab? I only have theories on this, obviously nothing solid, but I could say the same for God couldn't I?

+6 more 
posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 03:15 PM
link   
well written.

whether divine or otherwise, a rational mind would be ignorant to not consider and accept the overwhelming plausibility of intelligent design.

S+F

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by EmpathicBandit

Well said, my honest view is quite in line with evolution and I think that meteorites "pollinate" worlds with life, however, to completely disregard intelligent design, even from god is closed minded and ignorant. There's evidence for both.

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 03:37 PM
link   
If by intelligent design you mean there is a designer, someone or something it would need evidence for which there is none.

Sea Waves cause erosion against rocks, are waves designers of round rocks? or is it just because a set of extraordinary events cause it to happen?? No designer just elements battling it out?

In my opinion everything started because of elements of various kinds battling it out.

Simplistic but I won't believe any higher power created anything until I have proof, it's a hell of a leap to get there.

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by EmpathicBandit

Plausibility is in no way = to self-evident.

Here is an example.
“It is self-evident that those who believe in intelligent design were either home schooled or they only passed science class by cheating.”

-or-

“It is plausible that those who believe in intelligent design were either home schooled or they only passed science class by cheating.”

One of those sentences does not need to be backed up by evidence to remain valid.

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Grimpachi

“It is plausible that those who believe in intelligent design were either home schooled or they only passed science class by cheating.”

Well now that's just arrogantly coy

I definately did my studies to pass science class and was not home schooled.... My personal beliefs however are evidently based on a "Fairy Tale" (not the anime either) by the count of the hardliner scientific bound afficianado's here on ATS...

And I love science!

So blah!

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by sulaw

Exactly my point. Using the term self-evident needs to be backed up by facts and “evidence”. Using the word plausible is not backed by anything except opinion but the sentence itself remains valid. The claim however can be disproved.

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Grimpachi

Dually noted, sir!

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 04:32 PM
link   

grey580

It is self evident you don't have a clue about how science works.

Good science is backed up by fact & observation of those facts.

Ok so you say that ID self evident.

Prove it with scientific fact.

DNA is a "program" for life. Thats a scientific fact.
Programs are programmed, by programmers.

Or are you saying that isnt what DNA is?

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 05:06 PM
link   
I love this simple child's question...Who created God?

If you have two brain cells to rub together you can easily understand
that this question exposes our COMPLETE ignorance at this point in
human history.

It is still a fun topic to debate, and while seeking answers
to our unknown questions of the origins of life and the universe
is a human's greatest endeavor...

We are simply arguing from ignorance at this point.

carry on....

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 05:21 PM
link   

rival
I love this simple child's question...Who created God?

If you have two brain cells to rub together you can easily understand
that this question exposes our COMPLETE ignorance at this point in
human history.

It is still a fun topic to debate, and while seeking answers
to our unknown questions of the origins of life and the universe
is a human's greatest endeavor...

We are simply arguing from ignorance at this point.

carry on....

You cannot ask how something was created in a place where the known laws of physics dont apply.
IE An immaterial world, devoid of substance.

Modern computers can create complex simulations using just 0's and 1's.
Worlds created from electricity.
DNA has 4 letters. Not just 2.

My personal opinion, is that the consciousness that we call god realised itself in the primordial nothingness. And I cannot prove it, except that the universe exists, it must either be eternal and infinite, or it came from somewhere, a big bang or whatever. But still, SOMETHING caused the big bang.
The universe is here, it came from somewhere, or it has ALWAYS been here.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join