It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mega Millions jackpot jumps, could reach $1 billion

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 01:23 PM
link   
According to a CNN story

The Mega Millions Jackpot could go as high as a billion smacker-roo's

So obviously that begs the question... What would you buy with a billion bucks?

Since I have a habit of throwing good money after bad I guess I'd have to buy the Chicago Cubs franchise... they got that whole lovable losers thing going... Stupid goat...

So what'll you buy... asides from the obvious, house, car, payoff bill's dealy-o since were talking billion with a capital 'B' you can't just thing big, you gotta think crazy stupid big!

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by HardCorps

I would never win because i dont insert my money into some one in a trillion dream.

While they may pay out 1bill....how much did they make off all of you in the process?

LOTTO=SCAM a legal one at that.

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 01:32 PM
link   

What would the payout be after taxes?

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 01:33 PM
link   
I would put myself in a situation where I could make some regular money doing something I love. Then use the rest to improve the lives of people who need it, perhaps lobby parliament with ideas that would actually benefit humanity, rather than dangle it by the legs until they have every last penny.

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 01:34 PM
link   

superman2012

-43% give or take a%

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 01:43 PM
link   
How about donating all to every single child on earth that is starving and in immediate need of hospital care....

I hate money, we all chase trees and metal and plastic, its pathetic.

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 01:56 PM
link   

shaneslaughta

superman2012

-43% give or take a%

I don't think I'd have any problem living off $430 million, then!

OP, I'd pay off the few bills I have and buy a small house, nothing fancy except I want a large kitchen/dining room area so that all holiday-family-get-togethers will be at my place. I'd also purchase a better car, although not necessarily a new one. I would also definitely open up a homeless shelter in this town, since one is sorely needed. Of course, I'd set up trust funds for my grandchildren and great-grandchild and would give several million each to my children/brothers/sisters, too. There are also a few well-deserving people (there are more--I mean well-deserving people that I actually know) for whom I'd buy a house so that they would no longer have to worry about rent, but only about property taxes (which are generally cheaper than rent). After consulting with a few experts, I'd open some kind of business, being my attempt to help the economy by increasing the job market. There are some charities to which I'd donate, as well. It's fun to daydream, isn't it?

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 02:00 PM
link   

shaneslaughta

superman2012

-43% give or take a%

Actually, if you take the cash value option, you get about HALF of the listed Jackpot ammount, and then, from that, you deduct the 43%

Thus, $1 Billion Cash Value option would translate into around $300 Million takeaway.

Still, it's nothing to sniff at.

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 02:06 PM
link   
I'm not ashamed to say I would definitely spend some money on a fancy estate, some cars, and a bunch of other toys. (Maybe buy one of those abandon missile silos and outfit it with everything I need for the coming apocalypse. Build my estate on top of that.)

The best part would be spending most of it on friends and family. Once they are taken care of, give money to charities, needy families, start scholarships, build homes, etc.

I would also rescue and restore historically or architecturally significant homes or buildings as a hobby.

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 02:07 PM
link   

I would buy a giant sailboat and have a harem of women that would feed me grapes all day while I listened to Dvorak while drinking nice champagne.

Then get sent to the hospital and be able to afford the medical bills comfortably when my fiancee assaults me after finding out about the harem.

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by shaneslaughta

Given state local and federal taxes you're looking at closer to 48% being taken off the top... not that I've ever had a billion dollars mind you... but historically people who make that kind of scratch also have the wherewithal to hire dozens and dozens of tax attorneys that keep them from paying out 48%

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 02:17 PM
link   

I'd put it all in my checking account just to see how long I could keep the account balanced.

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 02:19 PM
link   
The perils of winning.

The Bad Luck of Winning

Lottery Winner Dies Penniless After Heart Attack from …….

Actually there's tons of stories. Just search "lottery winner dies poor". Read one in recent news (can't find it right now), where the guy won $300million or so, but died destitute.

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 02:42 PM
link   
I'm a idiot as I bought one line of numbers for 15 draws. I just keep playing that one line over and over. It has actually won me a pittance here and there. But I wouldn't want to win the big one as they all get hunted down by the MSM and people who have all sorts of sob stories, even if they tried to hide. I would much rather win the initial lotto as they rarely get their names in the paper.

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Not sure exactly what I would buy. Most of my tastes are modest in price, but I know what I would not be doing after winning it.

I wouldn't be working anymore.

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 06:40 PM
link   
The way this country is going these days? I think my first move would be to start a brand new company.

White Rabbit Protection Services.

A fitting name, since all my new guards would have just me to give protection services to.

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Spend it all guns and rings.

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 06:55 PM
link   
I don't play the lottery often but I won that much it would be cool to build a little self sustaing fortress with underground bunker, high walls with garden for growing crops, solar pannels and somthing to catch and treat rain water to start.

new topics

top topics

join