It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ventura/Stern for president 2016

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 12:46 PM
link   
If Jesse Ventura and Howard Stern ran as independents for the 2016 elections, would you support and vote for them?

I put this in US Political Madness, because I'm sure some will see this as mad.

Its clear the only way we are going to fix our government is with a non party approach. The statue quo for republicans and democrats are not capable of serving the people. Both sides are loyal to party first then the people last. This 2 party system has failed and the only way of achieving real hope and change is from independents. Congress is a cash cow for its members and the only way to get rid of the lobbyist and special interest is voting out both political parties.

I'm waiting to see how much these parties are going to spend on these midterm elections in 2014.

"The alternate domination of one faction over another, sharpened by the spirit of revenge natural to party dissention, which in different ages & countries has perpetrated the most horrid enormities, is itself a frightful despotism. But this leads at length to a more formal and permanent despotism. The disorders & miseries, which result, gradually incline the minds of men to seek security & repose in the absolute power of an Individual: and sooner or later the chief of some prevailing faction more able or more fortunate than his competitors, turns this disposition to the purposes of his own elevation, on the ruins of Public Liberty." — George Washington, September 19, 1796

George Washington the only president we have had that didn't belong to a political party. We are less free because of political parties.

Don't settle for the lesser of 2 evils!!!

edit on 16-12-2013 by LDragonFire because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by LDragonFire

Actually, I'm hoping Dr. Ben Carson and/or Col. Allen West runs.

We'll see what the Libertarian ticket brings though.

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 12:53 PM
link   

YESSSSSSSSSSS!!!!

I love Howard, I like most of what Ventura talks about.....No brainer I would vote for them! 100% yes in my eyes, no madness needed!!

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Wow that would be hilarious but also very scary , I thought Bush was bad but those two

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 12:56 PM
link   
I'd rather stab myself in the face with a rusty screwdriver. They are both knee deep in the nonesense. More sleight of hand as if they'd actually have a shot anyway.

He's an actor and nothing more.

edit on 16-12-2013 by Rosinitiate because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 01:00 PM
link   
NOT A CHANCE IN HELL.

I want a damn blue collar president. Not some former wrestler/governor whos worth millions.

I would rather invest my vote in someone who understands the working mans plight here in the US.

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 01:01 PM
link   
What I really like about them is that they are non-puppets, and as such would the military industrial complex even allow them to run?

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Ventura is certifiable and Stern is just a straight up jerk.
No.

I'll take Bernie for 1,000 please Alex.

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 01:22 PM
link   
V&S for the White House - what a major improvement and a 1st time "real" change ticket!!

Not happen because too many sheeple.

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 01:24 PM
link   

RP2SticksOfDynamite
V&S for the White House - what a major improvement and a 1st time "real" change ticket!!

Not happen because too many sheeple.

It's funny when conspiracy sheeple (Jesse Ventura/Alex Jones/Glenn Beck said it so it must be true!!!!11eleven!) call other people, sheeple.

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 01:26 PM
link   
I wouldn't vote for anyone.
No presidents...no prime ministers and certainly no royals.

Give the power back to the people !

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 02:06 PM
link   

shaneslaughta
NOT A CHANCE IN HELL.

I want a damn blue collar president. Not some former wrestler/governor whos worth millions.

I would rather invest my vote in someone who understands the working mans plight here in the US.

Can you tell me the last one we had? I would rather have someone in there who will tell it like it is and not lie to the people.....Who is your "blue collar" nominee? This outta be good...lol

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Dear LDragonFire,

Please excuse me if I speak a little more bluntly than usual. It is not directed at you, but at the commonly held (at least on ATS) belief that the solution is to vote for someone who is neither republican or Democrat.

In 2012, where both candidates were of less than stellar quality, all of the third party, independent, and Libertarian groups combined got less than 1.5% of the vote.

There will not be a third party win in 2016, or in the foreseeable future. You can spend your time and money working on it if you care to, but...it...will...not...happen.

I really like Beezzer's suggestion of Dr. Ben Carson. He wasn't privileged like Obama or many other candidates. His love for the Constitution and his life story make him a compelling figure. He's been shown not to be anyone's puppet. He is not beholden to corporate interests or political insiders. I don't see the problem.

My suggestion for ATSers? Support Carson as you did Paul.

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Ventura? I'd be open to the idea. Howard Stern? HELL NO. We don't need a shock jockey trying to help run this country.

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 02:28 PM
link   
U.S. politics is already a circus, might as well make it an entertaining one.

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

I will look in to this Carson fellow.

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 02:40 PM
link   
I want to see the Republicans go with a Palin/Bachmann ticket in 2016. Twice the crazy and ten times the train wreck!

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 02:40 PM
link   

LDragonFire
If Jesse Ventura and Howard Stern ran as independents for the 2016 elections, would you support and vote for them?

I put this in US Political Madness, because I'm sure some will see this as mad.

Its clear the only way we are going to fix our government is with a non party approach. The statue quo for republicans and democrats are not capable of serving the people. Both sides are loyal to party first then the people last. This 2 party system has failed and the only way of achieving real hope and change is from independents. Congress is a cash cow for its members and the only way to get rid of the lobbyist and special interest is voting out both political parties.

I'm waiting to see how much these parties are going to spend on these midterm elections in 2014.

"The alternate domination of one faction over another, sharpened by the spirit of revenge natural to party dissention, which in different ages & countries has perpetrated the most horrid enormities, is itself a frightful despotism. But this leads at length to a more formal and permanent despotism. The disorders & miseries, which result, gradually incline the minds of men to seek security & repose in the absolute power of an Individual: and sooner or later the chief of some prevailing faction more able or more fortunate than his competitors, turns this disposition to the purposes of his own elevation, on the ruins of Public Liberty." — George Washington, September 19, 1796

George Washington the only president we have had that didn't belong to a political party. We are less free because of political parties.

Don't settle for the lesser of 2 evils!!!

edit on 16-12-2013 by LDragonFire because: (no reason given)

Yes, they would get my vote. They say Stern is crude and buffoonish, comes from the entertainment industry. Well, is he any more of a buffoon than Biden? And wasn't Reagan from the entertainment industry?

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Absolutely, although I listen to Stern daily and many of his views are flawed because he believes they have our best interest at heart which is comical at best.

Heres how he will win the election. Ventura would not entertain lobbyists or parties which would be best for the people for a change. He would also institute a national sales tax across the board of 13% so if you want to live a certain way you will be taxed by it. you no longer would have income tax. Imagine making Gross for a change. He says the government gets your money first and then once you buy something they get it again. This is why the middle class is falling toward poverty levels.

Who wouldn't vote for him for those two reasons. I'm sure there are plenty of reps and dems that can't think like this, but you have to get over this my parents believed in this party bs. That system is flawed and you know it. The only way for true change is to get someone in there that isn't tied to a party or corporation. When he ran for governor, he took absolute $0 in lobbyist money. He is grassroots.

I truly hope he runs, but I'm sure as always the two jackass parties will make sure he doesn't get in any debates or on all 50 ballots.

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 11:42 AM
link   

shaneslaughta
NOT A CHANCE IN HELL.

this is the most idiotic comment maybe in the history of this site. I guess Obama and Bush don't have millions of $$$ in their accounts either. WOW is all I can say. I'm sure you've never listened to his speeches on government because you are set in your ways. I'm sure Obama and Bush and so on and so on really are true working men with your best interest in heart...LMAO Ignorance is bliss in your case. Thanks for the laughs though.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join