It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mainstream Media (FOX News) Admits GMOs Are a ‘Real Safety Issue’

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+62 more 
posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 12:10 PM
link   

The following may just be one of the most hard-hitting GMO (danger) reports ever aired by the mainstream media. Who would have ever thought Fox news would admit the dangers of GMOs? After all, the mainstream media (MSM) have all but done a complete shut-out concerning activist concerns and anti-GMO marches that have happened around the globe. It looks like the evidence was piling up to be far too incontrovertible, though, as Carol Alt (a super model who has been on over 700 magazine covers) and Max Goldberg of LivingWell.com discussed the many studies that articulate the dangers of GMO crops.

Goldberg admits there are no long-term studies on human beings, but that lab tests involving animals are showing atrocious liver damage, kidney problems, and after just three generations of being fed a GMO diet, hamsters are basically sterile. The hosts of the show point out that the main problem is that GMOs are not labeled, but that is just the tip of the iceberg. Even if labeling were to occur, it doesn’t change the fact that GMOs are spreading uncontrollably around the world, contaminating non-GM crops and wild plants.

And those in power are pushing GMOs hard – making it difficult to fight back. Bill Gates, for example, proudly supports GMOs and has even purchased half a million shares of Monsanto stock back in 2010, so his connection with GMO development is undeniable.

naturalsociety.com...

Let's start off by attacking the content not the sources please

In my opinion this is ground-breaking as I have never seen anything like this before, and am surprised that FOX News allowed this to be aired...Monsanto and all their affiliates have big pockets and they can usually keep a story like this off the boob tube.

If it's not already known I am anti-GMO and against the corporations and politicians that try and shove them down our throats and try as hard as they can to manipulate honest labeling as if we don't have the right to know what we're eating.

Yes there are non GMO options but my concerns focus higher up the food chain such as natural crop contamination, crop failures, loss of money for farmers, farmers being forced to use these seeds due to shady tactics that the seed providers and their political buddies implement, and of course our health...I could go on for ever but perhaps I should stop.

Any thoughts about the video and or article?

edit on 12/16/2013 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 12:15 PM
link   
I must say, ANY media coming out and saying GMO's are bad makes me wonder if they aren't even worse than what they are telling us.

If nothing else, I'm glad they did it.
We shall see if it actually means anything that they did.

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Why do you think china keeps refusing our corn? They dont want our poisons.
GMO=increased production at reduced costs. Its a money making ploy that the US has been so great at spinning. Just like BIG PHARMA.

Welcome to Corporate America.....where you can sell out your country men for a few more cents.

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by chiefsmom

I completely agree!

Mainstream media is hard to trust most the time but to see an outlet even mention these things is almost unheard of, as you said it's a possible hint that they are way worse than we already know.

I'm going on assumptions here but perhaps some of the higher ups at FOX News know a juicy bombshell that's going to be released in regards to GMO's in the near future?

As if there haven't been enough already!

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by chiefsmom

This is on the back of Russia saying today that the world should have a 10 year moritorium or ban on GMO crops to allow for proper safety testing to be carried out.

The also refer to a French study showing the GMO corn is causing Tumors, Cancers and diabetes.

They are currently considering banning Monsanto produced corn, or may even have gone ahead and actually banned it by now.

No wonder the feckers didn't want consumers to have a choice, no lables and no route to litigation WHEN their family develops critical disease and illness from their disgusting crap.

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by shaneslaughta

I'm from Canada and it's the same face with a different name. We are slaves to this poison too, and our elected officials won't budge on our concerns as we, the commoners, have no say when it comes to anything that matters.

You know it's bad if China won't touch it...

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Corruption Exposed

I'm from Canada and it's the same face with a different name. We are slaves to this poison too, and our elected officials won't budge on our concerns as we, the commoners, have no say when it comes to anything that matters.

You know it's bad if China won't touch it...

one word, NAFTA.......ok a few more ITS ALL ABOUT THE BENS (american phrase)

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Maybe, fox news is taking a jab at the current administration. For the Farmer Assurance Provision, aka the 'Monsanto Protection Act, for a spin.

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 01:14 PM
link   

All about the Benjamins

I lived in USA for years and also live very close, and regrettably was once into American pop culture so I saw that crappy movie with Ice Cube, and heard in in a million rap songs...LOL.

You're right though, money is one of the primary factors.

They even make money when we get sick off this garbage, it's like a revolving door monopoly. Corporations, Banking, Politics, Medical Industry...they all feed each others pockets.

Feel free to add any I missed..

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by C21H30O2I

You never know, lobbyists are known to use the media to promote certain agendas, especially political ones so your theory is very plausible.

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Yes it seems unusual for Fox to be suggesting the GMO thing is actually bad.

I for one think it is bad.

Another member mentioned Fox could be implicating Obama.

Very possible that some kind of subtle suggestions and even subliminal messages are in the video.

It might tie in with the TPP trade treaty talks going on (the secret negotiations).

Perhaps if and when Obama starts "supporting" it with a lot of cheap sales pitches, Fox would have some ammo to rebut with.

It could also be part of the 2014 election tactics.

here's an interesting article about Monsanto and the TPP....
Monsanto, the TPP, and Global Food Dominance

And naturally, we shouldn't count any vested interests that Israel may have in anything either....

edit on Dec-16-2013 by xuenchen because:

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

It might tie in with the TPP trade treaty talks going on (the secret negotiations).

I was trying to think of a plausible distraction that this could be used for, and I think you may have nailed it. The optimist in me wants to think that a mainstream news outlet gave us important information without agenda in play, but as soon as I seen it I knew that no matter how shocking and "awesome" this seems there must be a reason for this being aired...you and other members have mentioned several possibilities so thank you.

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

Given the most recent thread here regarding the discovery of the second DNA language underneath the known DNA language, it's now fact that GMO's up until this point have been created on science that has only comprehended half of its required understanding.

It's proof positive that they don't know what they are doing and Bee's were the first obvious sign to this catastrophe that is GMOs.

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Look at this 14 year old he seems to know allot about GMO food ...

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 06:17 PM
link   
I simply point to this article in the new york times 1999

www.nytimes.com...

And that should simply speak volumes.

Could monsanto actually profit by making people sick? well there's your answer.

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Corruption Exposed

All about the Benjamins

I lived in USA for years and also live very close, and regrettably was once into American pop culture so I saw that crappy movie with Ice Cube, and heard in in a million rap songs...LOL.

You're right though, money is one of the primary factors.

They even make money when we get sick off this garbage, it's like a revolving door monopoly. Corporations, Banking, Politics, Medical Industry...they all feed each others pockets.

Feel free to add any I missed..

You know when one of us first puts this
revelation together its like an A-ha moment!
It suddenly makes sense on every level
and we gain insight on how evil these people
truly are! How nothing matters but control and
profits! Oh and you forgot the main stream media
and the military industrial complex but I suppose
you can put the MIC under corporation! Though it
does include the security industry as well!
I have always wondered how many people are actually
part of this? By that I mean how many people actually
consciously know what they are doing to the majority
but still choose to do it for the money, power and
affluence! I am just taking a guess but I would think this
would have to be in the half million to million people!
This is considering that 0.01% are part of this! Out of
seven billion people that would come up to seven hundred
thousand! I would think this number would need to be higher!
I don't know what kind of people that could just sell out
their humanity for the illusion of money! May god have mercy
on their souls!

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 10:53 PM
link   
It's about time we all wake up and put a stop to this GMO garbage! Personally, I have digestive problems that I suspect are linked to GMO damage and I wouldn't wish it on anybody! I can't drink coffee, alcohol, milk, caffeine - my digestive system completely shuts down, and leaves me unable to eat if I make my stomach unhappy. I recently participated in the March Against Monsanto, and encourage you all to do the same at the spring rallies worldwide.

Scientists say new study shows pig health hurt by GMO feed
Birth Control, Birth Defects, and A Brave New World

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 11:25 PM
link   
EDIT: You didn't want attacks on the news source. Sorry.
Can mods delete this comment?
edit on 17-12-2013 by Samtzurr because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 11:53 PM
link   
This is really interesting, not just as an article but as a thread, for more than a few things,
-Figured I see more Monsanto supporters in the thread and or debunking.
-March For Monsanto rallies have been mostly Liberal(as explained in earlier thread that they are more into protesting), not Conservative/Libertarian/Independent leaner such as myself, I am seeing more interested now in the subject and action.

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 02:07 PM
link   
no shills yet?

aww, it's still early....anyone wanna place a wager on which one will show up first?

anyway, wow..."GMO is bad" on fox? never thought i'd see that....what the hell is going on?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join