It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Google buys Boston Dynamics

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Apparently, Google’s robotics division needs to scare the pants off of the rest of the world.

Google confirmed to the New York Times that it purchased Boston Dynamics, a DARPA-funded robotics firm.

Google has acquired over 100 companies, with its largest acquisition being the purchase of Motorola Mobility, a mobile device manufacturing company, for $12.5 billion. Most of the firms acquired by Google are based in the United States, and, in turn, most of these are based in or around the San Francisco Bay Area. Wasn't it in the San Francisco Bay area where those big barges with the white building were being seen/built? Think of all the intelligence this company is able to pull and have at any given moment and to be able to put it into a robot. This is kind of scary stuff.

www.rawstory.com...

Mods please put this in the correct field I couldn't figure out how to choose the Topic Icon.. thanks

If that doesn't happen please forgive me for putting it in the wrong area
edit on 16-12-2013 by VoidWalker because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-12-2013 by VoidWalker because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by VoidWalker

Thanks for the head's up on this. Google really does creep the hell out of me between those databases of its to its recent acquisitions. It wasn't that long ago that we had the thread about that neck tattoo that could record voice and galvanic skin changes from Motorola but nobody noted, myself included, that Motorola is owned by Google. Couple that with the fact that, while we may complain about NSA surveillance, this same corporation actually has the very information that they provide to the NSA (for a fee, of course) and MORE that they do not request. When it comes right down to it, I'd put more trust in the NSA than I would a corporation whose leadership has zero democracy involved and is not bound by oaths to the country or its constitution.

Google is getting really very, very scary in my eyes.

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Part of me is awe of the stuff coming out of Boston Dynamics. The other part of me is scared poopless. Now Google's empire has taken control. The countdown begins my friends. Skynet is becoming a reality.

Cheetah

Wildcat

Petman

Bigdog

Sand Flea

RHex

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by WhiteAlice

What would Google's killer robot be named?!

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 11:52 AM
link   

VoidWalker
reply to post by WhiteAlice

What would Google's killer robot be named?!

Google Series 800 Terminator

Those screenshots of the Terminator's targeting system are really the future of Googleglass.

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by VoidWalker

google might just be cornering all the best robotics so they can provide the way to clean up the Fukushima reactor cores

carry the radiation contaminated stuff to a dump site... like a volcano or a subduction zone between crustal plates
There the Earth itself can recycle the enriched fuel rods into the molten mantle layer just beneath the Earth crust

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 06:42 AM
link   
reply to post by St Udio

DARPA is creating a robot soon to do that exact same thing they are saying. They said it will have the same agility and dexterity as a normal human but easily twice the strength. These will be made for situations where man can not go without death following them.

new topics

top topics

join