It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New "Smart Rifle", you knew it was coming!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Just read about a new "Smart Rifle" and thought I would share. The attached scope uses HUD, taken right from fighter jet technology, to "tag" it's targets. It takes into account wind, temp, earth rotations and a bunch of other factors to tell you where to point the red dot. You then pull and hold the trigger, line up the crosshairs, and the weapon fires when the shot is on.

Here is the link to the official website:
XactSystem

Now I posted this in S&T because frankly, it's cool. You can even record shots through the HUD and post them on youtube and such. The scope uses video along with a bunch of sensors wrapped up into their PGF (precision guided firearm) tech and can even be linked with phone apps through embedded wifi connections within the scope.

It also scares the crap out of me. Think about it. Any amateur with about 20,000 g's and a funny twitch can become a lethal sniper like the pro's with no training. This rifle literally needs you to hold it steady and match shapes. My 4 yr old is half way there. The website claims to have all kinds of checks and balances in place to prevent the insane or underage from purchasing this rifle, buuuuuuuuuut if it smells like BS, and looks like BS, then it's probably.....
edit on 16-12-2013 by Gothar because: whoops!

edit on 12/16/2013 by 12m8keall2c because: fixed embed video code

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Gothar

what?

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Gothar

Good post S+F!

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 10:46 AM
link   

yeahsurexxx
reply to post by Gothar

what?

Stealth rifle?

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by iRoyalty

lol got antsy!

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Video no worky.....

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Gothar

The website claims to have all kinds of checks and balances in place to prevent the insane .......from purchasing this rifle

any one who expresses an interest in buying such a weapon at such a price is defacto insane

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 11:03 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Just read about a new "Smart Rifle"

I look forward to the day when they make them smart enough to switch off when confronted with a classroom full of kids.......

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Sounds like a fine idea!

At least until the batteries run out.

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Gothar

This would make it easy for the government if they suddenly needed a bunch of government workers to go military.

I somehow doubt this will be for average citizens to own since they want to remove even ones that are not so advanced why would they allow this. You could make an army out of any group.

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 12:17 PM
link   
What... Tag a target! This is Facebook technology!!!

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by imitator

Uhoh, tag a victim, kill him and record it, post instantly to facebook. Just gave myself goosebumps

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 04:26 PM
link   
It is not THAT SMART!

I threw money at the screen and NOTHING HAPPENED!

I guess they still have to work out a few things then...
edit on 16-12-2013 by abeverage because: of throwing money

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 04:28 PM
link   
can just see the twitter tags now...#boom_headshot etc

but at 20k it'll be out of the range of the average basement dwelling 17 year old who flips burgers who likes to shoot up his old school so will probably be more for the pro but surely it'll make competitive shooting obsolete so it might be good for specific uses but i'd imagine the military and police will be the main buyers as price don't really matter to them

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 04:44 PM
link   
I agree. My monthly gun magazine goes to great length to insist that it is not an automatic system, but it really is.

To make it automatically fire once you have locked on to the target, all you have to do is to keep holding the trigger back and the gun automatically will fire when the scope senses the parameters of that target again.

If that ain't automatic, I don't know what is. It works like my car transmission, it knows when to shift gears depending upon what it senses about the motion of the car. That's why they call it an automatic transmission. --Oh, yes, I can manually shift it, but why? I let the system do the job. 'Sorta like letting an armed drone make its own decisions, you know.

Get the picture of a bad person in that scope and you won't take the easy route and hold that trigger back? C'mon!

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 04:47 PM
link   

tjack
Sounds like a fine idea!

At least until the batteries run out.

In a Call of Duty world the batteries never go out what are you thinking jk

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Cool idea. But I wonder how it would work or how much of a hassle it might be against a moving target.
Firepiston

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Gothar

when will this be incorporated into a computer battle field game?

Also shouldn't terminators in movie be fitted with this system, so how would the ever miss?
edit on 16-12-2013 by AthlonSavage because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Old new. its been posted on ATS before.
the show'd people shooting animals in Africa?
killed about five.
and it seems good for very long shots.

but this is ONLY to kill people...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join