It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Death of the Loch Ness Monster.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by redhorse

Thanks for replying!! Nessie might be dead but Sasquatch and ghosts still fascinate me. I will take my belief in those to the grave with me.

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 10:30 PM
link   
i live nearby loch ness and know many people who have seen weird stuff on the loch but will not admit it to outsiders for fear of riddicule the area is supposed to link to other lochs and the sea many years ago i worked on the construction of the visitor centre and spent time with old fishermen / gamekeepers who had 30+ years there and i know from them their is something in loch ness

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by geobro

Don't do this to me!!! Nessie and I's relationship is over.

But please tell more!!

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 10:59 PM
link   

catfishjoe
reply to post by geobro

Don't do this to me!!! Nessie and I's relationship is over.

But please tell more!!

over the last 30 years i have worked there a bit and know people that live right next to the loch if you came out and announced that you had seen nessie people would laugh their tits off at you and think that you had been on the whakkie baccy or whisky .

my old foreman was a keen fisherman /hunter and knew many people in the area who i met and heard their stories about sheep getting dragged into the loch i used to think it was a con just for the tourists but after hearing those old guys i knew it was not made up as they were embarrased to tell them .

i have shown many a pretty tourist lass another monster - hamish the kilt monster

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by geobro

Haha!!! The kilt monster?? I feel sorry for the lass that sees that one!! I love listening to old fisherman. My grandpa swore he once caught a 200lb catfish in lake eufala in Oklahoma. He did hit the bottle tho. He never backed off the story tho.

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 11:43 PM
link   
The monster is real enough. I've seen it myself.

It is not a normal creature though. It is something supernatural or from another dimension, in either case Alistair Crowley may have opened a portal and never closed it. It has affected the entire area giving it an indistinct but definite presense.

That may explain your lack of evidence. It's from a dark and ancient realm, it's nae about to turn up in a fishing net or wave to the underwater cameras. Sonar? lol. Not sure that works on pan-dimensional entities

If you believe in that sort of thing..

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 11:46 PM
link   

angus1745
The monster is real enough. I've seen it myself.

It is not a normal creature though. It is something supernatural or from another dimension, in either case Alistair Crowley may have opened a portal and never closed it. It has affected the entire area giving it an indistinct but definite presense.

That may explain your lack of evidence. It's from a dark and ancient realm, it's nae about to turn up in a fishing net or wave to the underwater cameras. Sonar? lol. Not sure that works on pan-dimensional entities

If you believe in that sort of thing..

Wow!!! Do you think its a flesh and blood animal? From the past? Cool theory!!! Thanks for replying!!

posted on Dec, 23 2013 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Thain Esh Kelch
Apart from the lack of credible evidence, I would say that the biggest flaw in the Nessie theory is that in order for a creature to live in the lake, it has to be immortal and thus a unicorn, or it needs access to a population of Nessies in order to maintain a viable population. And well, given the proposed size of the creature and the fact that it supposedly lives in fresh water, I don't expect Nessies roaming the puddles around Loch Ness.

Actually, its not impossible, Just look at these for example. If Nessie exists, IF (I do somewhat beleive but still), AND its similar to the few species on the link, maybe it does survive in hiding from humans...If no one disrupts it, it could live on....maybe.

posted on Dec, 23 2013 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by catfishjoe

Man, the OP brought back memories. My first exposure to everything "extra" normal came at our local library as well. I am about your age, one more kid...dog and mortage. I used to go to the library every Saturday with mom and head right to the UFO-Nessie section, I'm sure we were looking at the same 5-10 Nessie books as well.

I came to the conclusion long ago that there is no Nessie. The Surgeon's photo made the LNM phenomena very public and there was quite a buzz about the whole thing in the late 70's to late 80's with everything from TV specials to appearances in cartoons. Bottom line on Nessie is that in order to have an animal you need a population of those animals. Now there are undiscovered species, but nothing as large as Nessie and you would need at the very minimum 100's of Nessies roaming around to have a breeding population large enough to have one Nessie.

This is the same reason why I don't believe in Bigfoot.

The world would be such a much more interesting place if there were mysterious serpents and ape men mysteriously hiding from us. Unfortunately these ideas are just the perpetuation of age old myths that humanity created long ago before we gained our current understanding of nature and our place in it.

RIP Nessie...we hardly knew ye

posted on Dec, 23 2013 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Nowyouseeme

Man, the OP brought back memories. My first exposure to everything "extra" normal came at our local library as well. I am about your age, one more kid...dog and mortage. I used to go to the library every Saturday with mom and head right to the UFO-Nessie section, I'm sure we were looking at the same 5-10 Nessie books as well.

I came to the conclusion long ago that there is no Nessie. The Surgeon's photo made the LNM phenomena very public and there was quite a buzz about the whole thing in the late 70's to late 80's with everything from TV specials to appearances in cartoons. Bottom line on Nessie is that in order to have an animal you need a population of those animals. Now there are undiscovered species, but nothing as large as Nessie and you would need at the very minimum 100's of Nessies roaming around to have a breeding population large enough to have one Nessie.

This is the same reason why I don't believe in Bigfoot.

The world would be such a much more interesting place if there were mysterious serpents and ape men mysteriously hiding from us. Unfortunately these ideas are just the perpetuation of age old myths that humanity created long ago before we gained our current understanding of nature and our place in it.

RIP Nessie...we hardly knew ye

Nicely put. The thing that bothered me was these books were always in the kid section!! At least now they have a paranormal section!

posted on Dec, 23 2013 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Damn your eyes, catfishjoe, you're outing me as a Nessie nerd! I couldn't stand back and keep quiet on this thread any longer!

There is a great book Sea serpents, sailors and sceptics where the author has not only collected decades of sightings from around Scotland, he has also categorised them into 7 separate sub-sections of 'monster-type'. (He's geek heaven).
It's brilliant, I love it!

I implore you to read it, and re-light your love for Nessie! xx

posted on Dec, 23 2013 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by iRoyalty

"Two dollars!!! I want my two dollars!!!!!!" -paperboy from the movie ski patrol.

I say neesie is a eunic eel that's lost and won't go to see to mate.

posted on Dec, 23 2013 @ 04:22 PM
link   

beansidhe

Damn your eyes, catfishjoe, you're outing me as a Nessie nerd! I couldn't stand back and keep quiet on this thread any longer!

There is a great book Sea serpents, sailors and sceptics where the author has not only collected decades of sightings from around Scotland, he has also categorised them into 7 separate sub-sections of 'monster-type'. (He's geek heaven).
It's brilliant, I love it!

I implore you to read it, and re-light your love for Nessie! xx

Sorry to out a fellow crypto nerd. I will add the mentioned book to my collection after the holidays. The book I enjoyed the most was about the Bermuda triangle by Charles...................damn. his last name started with b. Berwietze?? Anywho thanks for replying!!

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Hail, fellow crypto-nerd! Good to know there's some others on here

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 08:10 PM
link   
I don't know why but I still think Nessie exists, I just have a gut feeling that something is in that lake beyond comprehension. The lake is pretty deep and who knows what could be lurking down there and if it has children.

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 07:56 PM
link   
At least champ and ogopogo are still kicking.

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 04:14 AM
link   

catfishjoe
I've been putting this off for a while. But its time. Its time for me to admit the Nessie is not real. My fascination began in 4th grade. My mom would take me to the library every Saturday morning. Small town library. I was always drawn to the small rack in back of the 40 or so books on u.f.o.s, bigfoot and ghosts. One day the library had a new book about Nessie. The title and author long forgotten, but it started a 30yr fascination. I devoured any book I could find. I was glued to the television when "In Search Of" focused on Nessie. I was obsessed.

Then came the internet. I could go through all the sightings, read witness testimony and even search for hard to find photos. A few documentaries were made. I even wanted to travel and see the loch itself.

Now....I'm 38. Two kids, a wife and dog. A mortgage. Bills. With the stress I put Nessie on the back burner hoping for someone to discover the beast.......to no avail. No new discoveries. Just fake CGI videos....hoaxes...etc...

Im giving up on Nessie. Its kinda sad. We had fun. But its time. Its long overdue. I still have hope for sasquatch. Not much. But some.

Congratulations on making the journey from superstition to reason.

You may not agree with me, but I think you'll find a lot of this stuff (as in cryptozoology, ufos, ghosts, grand conspiracies etc), in fact the vast majority of it does not hold up under genuine critical analysis. It's pretty much all bunk.

You've taken your first step into the wider world. It takes real intellectual honesty to do that, and I applaud you for it.

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Yeah I can understand why so many think it is all a fake, sightings no good pics and et all

Probably till about 10 years ago I thought the nessie story was all tails and talk
Till
I searched out the-eyewitness storys, not just of the Scot monster but all the other lake monsters around the world

To much evidence in eyewitness accounts for me, there is something out there, not just in the Loch but many other waterways and seas

So maybe the original LN monster has died, it would be very old, still enough evidence seems to be available to justify unknown beasts around the world

plesiosauria.com...

creation.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join