It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bomb damages Yale Law School

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2003 @ 05:45 PM
link   
NEW HAVEN, Conn., May 21 � A bomb exploded Wednesday in a mail room at the Yale University law school, FBI and police officials told NBC News. No injuries were reported, but damage was described as heavy in a classroom where law students had just finished taking a final exam and witnesses said they saw a blast of debris....

www.msnbc.com...

posted on May, 21 2003 @ 05:53 PM
link   
To bad the Bomb couldn't of been at the Skull & Bones mail room on Yales campus

posted on May, 21 2003 @ 09:43 PM
link   
More detail here -and who remembers the Unabomber?

www.guardian.co.uk...

posted on May, 21 2003 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Estragon
More detail here -and who remembers the Unabomber?

www.guardian.co.uk...

I have always wanted to interview that man. I hear he won't even look at you. The only person he has talked to in these last few years is Timmy McViegh, or whatever his name is. Anyway since Timmy is gone, does that mean Teddy and Ramzi have become friends???

Hey maybe they can try and convert one another to the others' idealogies. I wonder who would win.

I put my vote on Ted. He seems to have a reason to kill everything and that would probably spill over quite well for Ramzi and his murderous rage. What do you think Estragon???

[Edited on 22-5-2003 by Abraham Virtue]

posted on May, 21 2003 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Any specific details on the construction of the weapon, and if they have figured out how it was delivered? (IE, was it military C4, of homemade stuff?)

posted on May, 21 2003 @ 09:59 PM
link   
The key word in that above statement is, Thought.

posted on May, 21 2003 @ 10:15 PM
link   
I'm just thinking aloud here, but Yale University is connected directly with the Skull & Bones society. George Bush was 45 miles away from the blast, giving some kind of commencement speech. They admit that they do not suspect that there was any international involvement. Might this have been an illuminati-organized job? George Bushes (both of 'em) are Skull & Bones members.

Of course, it will probably get blamed on a right-wing L.H.Oswald or Timothy McVeigh or Unabomber patsy. I think the latest group of domestic "evil doers" being targeted are the neo-nazi types.

But then again, what do I know ? lol

[Edited on 22-5-2003 by MKULTRA]

posted on May, 21 2003 @ 10:18 PM
link   
It is interesting to note that although they do not believe this bombing to be associated with terrorism, we are still at Orange alert (I still think we will see Red tomorrow), and all the military bases are going to heightened alert.....

Just remember, there are no coincidences...

posted on May, 21 2003 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Good find. Can you back it up???

I know that sounds lame, and I admit it. But I don't ever ask people to back there statements up, not unless they seem like really determining factors. Which in this case, Bush being so close is.

Anyone else agree???

Then again it could just be someone attacking the Skull and Bones, and not the Skull and Bones attacking someone else. Did anyone think about that???

[Edited on 22-5-2003 by Abraham Virtue]

posted on May, 21 2003 @ 10:25 PM
link   
No coincidences, exactly right! And another thing- I was watching the news, and they showed one male law student state that he "felt the ground shaking below me, they told us that it was in another building, and we left".

Who is "they"? Also, if it was a pipe bomb, it likely would not cause the ground to shake. FWIW at least 450 people died in an earthquake in Northern Africa today.

posted on May, 21 2003 @ 10:30 PM
link   
"Good find. Can you back it up???

I know that sounds lame, and I admit it. But I don't ever ask people to back there statements up, not unless they seem like really determining factors. Which in this case, Bush being so close is."

A.V.-

No problem at all, I definitely appreciate the questioning of sources!

Here you go:

LINK: www.foxnews.com...

Relevant portion of above link:

"The incident came a day after the government raised the alert level for possible terrorist attacks and several hours after President Bush, a Yale alumnus, spoke at the Coast Guard Academy graduation ceremony in New London."

And an interesting additional tidbit, from the same link:

"One of the president's daughters, Barbara, is finishing her junior year at the university. Secret Service spokesman John Gill said the younger Bush "was not in danger at any time, and she was not in the vicinity" of the blast."

There are no coincidences, right?

posted on May, 21 2003 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Sorry, I did not post the evidence about the actual distance. According to a yahoo! driving directions search (can't link it, please feel free to verify)-

"Starting from: New Haven, CT 06520-8321" [YALE'S ZIP CODE]
"Arriving at: New London, CT 06320-8103" [USCG'S ZIP CODE]

"Distance: 49.4 miles Approximate Travel Time: 1 hour 1 mins"

Here is an official link to his speech that he started his speech at exactly 11:37am:
www.whitehouse.gov...

Here is a link to a local news source that states the bomb blast to have occurred just before 5pm:

"Witnesses reported a loud boom and flying debris shortly before 5 p.m. Alexandra Alperovich, a law school student, said she was sitting in the student lounge when she heard the explosion. "It was very smoky. Everything started falling and I just ran out right away," she said."

Link-www.wfsb.com...

[Edited on 22-5-2003 by MKULTRA]

posted on May, 21 2003 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Not exactly a liberal opinion A.A.

OK Skull and Bones and President of the United States is a member huh??

OK guys am more than happy to listen and well discuss what exactly Skull and Bones is. Personally I think at present its just another college prank, but since at least one of you is prepared to celebrate an act which could have killed US citizens I would like to hear the point.

took the liberty of doing some surfing and this is what I found.....

www.4rie.com...

www.jeremiahproject.com...

www.freedomdomain.com...

We went into Iraq and found mass graves all of which had been kept a secret by just about everyone. That is until George Bush made his speech about freeing the Iraqi people.

What are your thoughts?

posted on May, 22 2003 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Looks more like domestic terror then caused by int. terrorists. After assessing the damage looks to be probably caused by small explosives like dynamite or C4 or something. The investigation is still in its early stages right now. I was notified that terrorists would be looking to strike "soft targets" over next few days, considering security is horrible around schools, I guess you can consider Yale or any other school a "soft target" at the moment. Terrorists usually strike leaving certain patterns behind after they strike (Especially int. terrorists) none of significance where left or found with the Yale bombing. Most likely was just some psycho or disturbed student that attended the school that caused the bombing.

posted on May, 22 2003 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Any possible coincidence that they had finals at that time? A disgruntled kid?

posted on May, 22 2003 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Or someone like me who can't stand lawyers?

posted on May, 22 2003 @ 07:56 PM
link   
There are a lot of nutcase out there who see this as an opportunity to get away with something like this.

What I heard in he news today is that they are not certain with respect to what kind of explosive was actually used but they are investigating.

To be honest at present I really have no opinion as to who caused this particular event Al-Queda is still a suspect.

posted on May, 23 2003 @ 11:56 AM
link   

top topics

join