It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Notorious Russian terrorist could target Westerners at ‘satanic’ Olympic games: Canadian intelli

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 10:07 AM
link   

A notorious Russian terrorist may try to stage attacks during the Sochi Winter Olympics that begin in Russia in less than two months, de-classified Canadian intelligence documents are warning.

A confidential intelligence report obtained by the National Post says Doku Umarov is a “fervent Islamist” who subscribes to al-Qaeda doctrine that legitimizes the killing of Western civilians.

“IK leader Doku Khamatovich Umarov is a fervent Islamist who espouses AQ’s [Al-Qaeda’s] ideology of global jihad,” wrote ITAC, a joint agency comprised of members of the Canadian Security Intelligence Service, RCMP and other security agencies. “His view that Israeli, U.S. and U.K. interests are legitimate targets raises concerns any Westerners could be targete

Notorious Russian terrorist could target Westerners at ‘satanic’ Olympic games:

In addition to attacking Russian security forces, the IK is blamed for the bombing of Moscow’s Domodedovo airport in 2011, the 2010 bombing of the Moscow subway and a 2009 train bombing that killed 27. One of the Canadian intelligence reports says the IK was also behind the 2004 massacre of 186 children at a school in Beslan, about 400 kilometres east of Sochi.

I think this is a very serious threat for the Olympic games. This group has a track record of attacks and while the security at the Olympics is high, these people have no problem dieing for their cause. What also isn't mentioned is that he may have had something to do with the Tsarnaev brothers and may have been the one responsible for some of the attempts on Putins life in the last decade. I know that there is always claims that something big will happen at one of these major global events but other than Beijing in '08, I don't think any of them had to much real worry.

This is another story though. Sochi is right next door to Chechnya and the fighting there hasn't abated nearly as much as the Russians would have you believe. It isn't open warfare like previously but more assymetrical fighting and acts of terrorism. The Olympics would be a prime target for terrorism.

here's a couple of links about him...

www.themoscowtimes.com...

www.bbc.co.uk...

I know there were stories about this topic over the summer but this one claims to have the actual intelligence reports from ITAC, it's sort of like a smaller version of the Us's DHS...

www.itac.gc.ca...

I think this is something that should be taken seriously.
edit on 16-12-2013 by GAOTU789 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by GAOTU789

Never mind Doku Umarov and his loonies .
Does anyone know much about the history of Sochi ?

This is the land that was genocided and stolen from Circassians.

Walter Richmond - Evidence of Circassian Genocide from Archives

Sochi is my [ stolen ] land , it is not a Russian land at all.

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by 23432

Interesting, I had never heard of that before. I'll watch the video later and am reading a few links about it.

But does it have anything to due with terrorism at the Olympics? Your people aren't going to bomb a western nations athletes are they?

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 11:02 AM
link   

LOL!

Canadian Intelligence!

About as intelligent as the intelligence leading up to the Iraq war...remember Curveball and Collin Powell's lame fabrications which most the world believed?

I'd bet my pinky finger that this guy is on CIA payroll, or associated with known CIA terrorists at the very least. I'm seeing more and more obvious [propaganda] coming out of my country's media lately and it's pissing me off. Harper government and Canadian intelligence are nothing but puppets for the real world players, they jump, we say how high!

Let me make it clear, I acknowledge the possibility of this being a valid threat, but I smell tuna.

Anyone else think that this is just a little bit fishy?
edit on 12/16/2013 by Corruption Exposed because: Curveball not Screwball

edit on 12/16/2013 by Corruption Exposed because: forgot a word, it's in brackets now

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 11:11 AM
link   

GAOTU789
reply to post by 23432

But does it have anything to due with terrorism at the Olympics? Your people aren't going to bomb a western nations athletes are they?

My people are not going to bomb anything . We are not terrorists.
Sochi is sacred land , literally the bones of our ancestors were dug out and olympic venue had been built.

Russians are trying to erase us Circassians from the history and Sochi was choosen to rub our noses in it .

As if to say ; not only we the Russians have Genocided you Circassians but no one in the world cares about it anyway , what you all gonna do about it ?

I fully expect the Russian secret service to create a false flag operation so the Circassians can branded as terrorists .

Circassian Noble dancing (Adyghe work 'k'afa) -' Kabardinka '

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 02:22 PM
link   
declassified before the supposed possible event? okkkkkkkkkkkkkk

just more fear for the masses as it seems they (the governments of the world) must issue regular doses of fear to keep people, well, in fear of course.

if we can learn to live without fear, we will make it through.

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 05:15 PM
link   

I view these reports of intelligence agencies as an attempt to inform (some) terrorists that there is little to gain in attacking some elements of society (Westerners in this case). Nonetheless, clear reasoning is not one of terrorisms strongpoint. But it does depend upon the goals of the terrorist beyond making a "statement." This Canadian intelligence report is intended to give the possible terrorists something to think about before they get to far into their planning stages.

If the goal is to hassle Russia, then we can expect problem events to focus on Russian interests. If the deeper goal has a religious backbone beyond Russia, then they probably won't care who they hurt with their moves.

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Canadian Intelligence, See:

Self addressed stamped envelope with a card that reads,

"Please send us information aboot your plans eh?"

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 05:53 PM
link   
That entire event, the Winter Olympics, is a pure SETUP for something to happen.

As soon as they were announced the Chechyens fighters were calling for (and most likely planning) for attacks.

C'mon, anyone remember how they blew up a box in their one stadium? You don't think they aren't going to have folks on the inside now?

We could only hope that they take out Vlad the Impaler Putin and not just injure him. If Vlad survives any event his response will make Joey Stalin seem moderate.

Derek

top topics

join