It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Share your success. Quitting smoking, Weight loss, overcoming adversity.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 01:33 PM
link   

bigfatfurrytexan
reply to post by AutumnWitch657

i lost a little over 200 lbs in 2011

Wow. Thinking of changing your name to LittleSkinnyFurryTexan?

Anyway. I use to be a coffee addict. At least two pots a day. I would get terrible headaches if I didn't get my fix. Six months clean now. Cold turkey. First couple of days I was miserable. A little perseverance though and now I'm coffee free. Ok maybe a cup before I drink or go out, but thats better then two pots a day.
edit on 16-12-2013 by Isittruee because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by woodsmom

Keep up the good work. We never potty trained our kids. Ha ha no they don't pee all over the place. They copied us and just started using the bathroom. No stress. All were off diapers by about 2 1/2 . Which seems about average.
I remember the first few months and I worked in a place where the boss allowed smoking inside. I just had to stay clear of the warehouse area. They were all amazed,when I quit. No one ever thought I could.
SAY IT LOUD .
I QUIT AND I'M PROUD

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 02:26 PM
link   
My advice is determine why you smoke, where and how. And what I mean by that is you have to change your routine and do not substitute one bad habit with another (ie overeating). The biggest challenge in doing anything like this is YOU and your will power!

Smoking is a habit, not a necessity after a month or two of a new habit (or just ending the old one) you will be closer to being smoke free! And you will do it if you CHOOSE to do so!

Also and this is very important!
Do not let failure over-ride your success.

One slip with a cigarette does not end your quitting so do not fall into that trap and beat yourself up about it feel like a failure and start up the habit again. If you slide Re-commit immediately and see yourself not as a failure but human!

Good luck!
edit on 16-12-2013 by abeverage because: of adding more habits LOL

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Isittruee

There's a,new one. I guess anything that controls you is a problem. Congratulations on your strength.

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by abeverage

Good advice. Sounds like you have,some experience.

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 04:14 PM
link   
I stopped beating my wife all the time. It was hard to do, a massive struggle against my own masculine ego....but i finally was able to give it up. Now when we play xbox, i let her beat me sometimes.

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

I really don't need a thread on this. It is common sense. If our ancestors screwed up as bad as we have we wouldn't be here today. I never remember my grandfather being sick. Not even a cold. I rarely saw my uncles and aunts have much more than minor illnesses. There is Tachychardia on my fathers side, I have found how to control that long ago. It is an inconvenience but not a disability. The only way it becomes a disability is when you let the doctors give you pills, pills that make you gain weight and get sick. I won't take a pill for that anymore, eating foods with leucines in them can stop it from going over 220 bpm. I can work all day with it at two hundred. My normal heart beat is at about a hundred twenty. Maybe I can't run for a mile from a bear but that is what they make 357 magnum Desert Eagles for.

edit on 16-12-2013 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 04:18 PM
link   

bigfatfurrytexan
I stopped beating my wife all the time. It was hard to do, a massive struggle against my own masculine ego....but i finally was able to give it up. Now when we play xbox, i let her beat me sometimes.

lol
My wife beats me up every morning. I don't mind the extra hour of sleep though.

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 04:21 PM
link   

rickymouse
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

I really don't need a thread on this. It is common sense. If our ancestors screwed up as bad as we have we wouldn't be here today. I never remember my grandfather being sick. Not even a cold. I rarely saw my uncles and aunts have much more than minor illnesses. There is Tachychardia on my fathers side, I have found how to control that long ago. It is an inconvenience but not a disability. The only way it becomes a disability is when you let the doctors give you pills, pills that make you gain weight and get sick. I won't take a pill for that anymore, eating foods with leucines in them can stop it from going over 220 bpm. I can work all day with it at two hundred. My normal heart beat is at about a hundred twenty. Maybe I can't run for a mile from a bear but that is what they make 357 magnum Desert Eagles for.

edit on 16-12-2013 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

Well...the one thing I have learned is that not everyone has the insights and epiphany's that I have. What you are talking about would be something I would love to read more on, and I bet others would too. I eat what is considered a "paleo diet" by most, although it is more atkins than anything, really. I am interested in the concepts of paleo eating, however. And it seems you have something interesting to say on the matter.

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 04:44 PM
link   

AutumnWitch657
reply to post by abeverage

Good advice. Sounds like you have,some experience.

Humans are creatures of habit is all everything is mostly a learned behavior you can basically unlearn wanting a smoke when you are aware of what triggers that response. Face it, change it and finally eliminate it or replace it.

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 08:21 AM
link   
THANK YOU ONE AND ALL FOR SHARING YOUR STORIES.

You are every one of you examples of all that is good and strong in humankind.
Congratulations on your successes.
I am happy to know you.
Love to all this holiday season.
Karen

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join