It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Share your success. Quitting smoking, Weight loss, overcoming adversity.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

Some of those words I cannot pronounce but I get it. Thanks for the science and nutritional education. Awesome contribution to the thread.

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by SirMike

Yeah still does me. I humbly apologize to everyone I offended when I smoked. Forgive me.

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by AutumnWitch657

I've been dieting since July 7th. I'm staying away from sugars and starches. I've lost 25 lbs so far, 75 more lbs to go. I eat a lot of salads with grilled chicken and eat a lot of roasted vegetables. I eat low fat yogurt, apples or blueberries when I have a craving for something sweet. Of course I fall off the wagon at times and have some starches, but I just get back on track the next day. I've adjusted so far and avoided the temptations during the Thanksgiving holiday. Christmas will be the next tempting holiday. I have pretty good will power once I get past a few weeks on a diet.

My love for pizza is my weak point. So far I haven't had a slice since I started. I'm just committed to lose this weight once and for all.

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 10:06 AM
link   

littled16

Congrats on your 2 year anniversary!

My biggest successes this year were losing 35 pounds that I had gained over the past 3 years due to an injury and getting my grandchild completely pottie trained- finally!!!!
I also recently ran my first marathon since before I had kids (they are 23 and 25 if that tells you anything) and consider it a huge success because I finished it without having to be hauled away in an ambulance- HURRAY!!!

Glad to see you are feeling better. Don't get too carried away with running. You don't want to wear out the cartilage in your knees or hips. Study senovial fluids a little, they lubricate the joints.

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 10:06 AM
link   

I'm a total carnivore so proteins are not an issue. Meat cheese and nuts comprise more than 80% of my diet.

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 10:13 AM
link   

AutumnWitch657

Some of those words I cannot pronounce but I get it. Thanks for the science and nutritional education. Awesome contribution to the thread.

Actually, I pronounce a lot of these words wrong myself. I read a lot of research but do not hear the pronounciation of the words. When I talk to doctors, they chuckle at my pronunciation. I tell them I read and have never heard these words. I blew the last doctor I saw away after he realized I knew what I was talking about. I admitted I haed never heard these words, just knew what they were all about.

The doctors first instinct was to not pay attention but in the end he was talking to me like he would talk to another doctor. He kept correcting my pronunciation though. It is hard to change the way you pronounce something when you have been pronouncing it that way for years.

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 10:18 AM
link   
On the New year will be a full year of quitting smoking. Was a heavy smoker for 27 years and thanks to Champix I got rid of that nasty habit. Still struggling with the cravings though. Every once in a while I wished I had one in my fingers and often I drool when I see people blowing smoke out of their mouths. But I won't touch it again, ever. Despite how much I miss it sometimes, there is no better feeling than being smoke free for 1 year. Now my sense of smell is way better, feel better physically, I sleep better and I don't have to constantly go out for a smoke (which in it's own way was a ball breaker).

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 10:19 AM
link   

So share your,success story. What's this unique education gained for you?

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by WeRpeons

Hip hip horray !!! Keep it up. You can get quite full on proteins . It's an easy diet to keep with.
Enjoy your new body.

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Telos

Congratulations keep up the good work. Be proud.
I always considered the phrase pride goeth before a fall to mean when you loose your pride in yourself you fall not about being to proud.

WAY TO GO

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Telos

I do not miss shivering in the cold and rain just for a nicotine fix. Warm and dry and breathing freely is much nicer.

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 10:38 AM
link   

AutumnWitch657
reply to post by Telos

Congratulations keep up the good work. Be proud.
I always considered the phrase pride goeth before a fall to mean when you loose your pride in yourself you fall not about being to proud.

WAY TO GO

Thanks. Not to brag about it (to the still smokers) but I do feel proud of myself. I've never thought I'd make it. So yeah, I am PROUD !!!

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Telos

Wear that badge. Own that badge. ME TOO !!!!

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 11:06 AM
link   

AutumnWitch657
reply to post by superman2012

So you quit smoking and drinking. Amazing. I love the strength of the human mind.

Coca Cola and chocolate are next on my list. Those two replaced the previous two. I still have 2 - 3 beers per year.

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 11:07 AM
link   

I encouraged my wife to try the juice feasting diet after many non successful attemps at dieting, she lost 6 inches from her waist in just over a week . If your not familiar with this one, there is some great advice on tinternet. Just make sure you use at least 60% veg and the rest fruit.

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Lompyt

Not to discourage but your wife needs a diet she can use for life. No one could stay on that type of diet for very long it's very unsatisfying. A low carb diet on the other hand put satisfying food in your mouth and makes you full. You never feel deprived. Tell her to look into Suzanne Summer's summersizing . It's lush and,delicious and you never feel like your on a diet. Oh and results are fast fast fast so success is at her fingertips.
Love to you.

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by superman2012

Chocolate contains lots of good for you elements and coca cola ...well isn't that one of the required food groups ??? LOL. One step at a time I guess.

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 12:40 PM
link   

AutumnWitch657

So share your,success story. What's this unique education gained for you?

I am beginning to understand how to neutralize the undesired chemistry that causes problems in our metabolism. This chemistry. When You eat something, it requires that you need to consume something else so you do not get undesirable effects. To understand this I have to study the medicines they use to treat these diseases.

I have tested a lot of this on myself and without actually experiencing it myself, it would not be possible to evaluate the effects. You cannot learn this by reading a book. They used to call what I do Alchemy.

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 01:03 PM
link   
I am currently going on 4 months since I quit smoking cold turkey. I am still in the stage that they smell good from time to time though. If I walk past someone who is smoking and I'm stressed out at all it smells so good, but otherwise the smell makes me take a wider berth around the smoker. I'm finally not tempted to actually light up anymore. One step at a time right?

I am also coming up on the one year anniversary when I started homeschooling my son. Some days it seems to be a bigger challenge than quitting smoking, especially since giving up what little free time I had. It has been worth it every step of the way though. He has excelled, his behavior has improved and he and I get along better than ever before.

We also have a potty training success! We are done with diapers during the waking hours!!! He even went potty at the store yesterday for the first time in the bathroom.

It has been a very busy few months.

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 01:09 PM
link   

rickymouse
Emphysema is from a breakdown of the elastins in the body. To avoid these problems it is important to consume adequate elastins and avoid too many foods containing sulfurs without consuming foods that contain molybdenum which is used to break down the sulfites and nitrates in the body.

Eat meat that is tougher to get the elastin binding proteins, cooking doesn't bother these. They are found in the covering of healthy fat cells, skin, and heart meat. Cows that eat a lot of corn have less elastin binding protein because the bacteria that make them are not present in adequate amounts in the ruman. Antibiotics also kill these bacteria...well, they are now getting resistant because of over use of the antimicrobials.

Too much chonderite sulfate is no good, it breaks down this protein. Another words, don't always eat onions. Onions are a seed though so they also contain molybdenum which helps to process the sulfites. Sulfites are turned back into sulfates, which are not bad, by an enzyme that uses molybdenum. If you are deficient on the enzyme or the molybdenum than the lungs suffer and breathing is bad.

Eat cream of wheat once a week or incorporate whole grains into the diet and this will help. The molybdenum is not in white flour, to store it because the germ contains oils that make the flour get rancid. Raw wheat germ has it's minerals bound by the phytates so cooking and adding a little butter and milk in the end helps to release these. Adding a little salt while cooking may also help, but I am not sure of this.

Getting away from the time tested cooking practices that took thousands of years of trial and error testing to thin the populations is being ignored today, science cannot see that the chemistry they have created is flawed.

Everyone wants to discover something new, I want to examine history to find the answer using scientific evidence to show that the ones that got us to this point were right. All foods have psychotropic effects, many of these are good and make us civil and sane. Eliminating the wrong foods makes us need medication. Life is a balance, if you add weight to one side it upsets the balance. We were scavengers. We need some of our food aged to be civil.
edit on 16-12-2013 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

I really like the hypothesis at the end of your post. This is interesting. Do you have a thread on it?

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join