It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Evacuations underway at Harvard University after reports of possible explosives on campus

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Vasa Croe
reply to post by shaneslaughta

Yeah I think the same, but some reports are saying explosives found which suggests they were not called in. I just don't see how they could all be found at the same time which is why I think this was called in since they are reporting it was in four buildings simultaneously.

Harvard University Police and officers from the Cambridge Police Department are currently sweeping the buildings for explosives. Massachusetts State Police also said one of its bomb squad units was en route to the scene.
RT

Standard operating procedures. All reports are unconfirmed, there have been no mention of any explosives found. If there was, the msm would be all over that like a swarm of roaches.

edit on 12/16/2013 by shaneslaughta because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Vasa Croe

I guess they are clever kids... Could you imagine if a kid staged a bomb threat to get out of exams.. I'm sure that isn't the case, but talk about the size of the balls if they did...

The Harvard Crimson ‏@thecrimson 7m
Dean of Freshmen Thomas Dingman says morning exams in affected areas have been cancelled.

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by jhn7537

I have seen it done before but a long time ago when I was in school...way back before bomb threats were taken as seriously....still got the school evacuated and exams postponed.

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 09:34 AM
link   
This kind of stuff goes on a lot with public schools and what not.But they have to make sure it is real threats.Serious crime to hoax this stuff.

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Harvard University and Cambridge police were on the scene investigating. The bomb report was made by phone, and the FBI is also among the investigating agencies, a law enforcement official told CNN.

Well then, wont be too long before we track down the phone used to make the report.

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 10:04 AM
link   

shaneslaughta

Harvard University and Cambridge police were on the scene investigating. The bomb report was made by phone, and the FBI is also among the investigating agencies, a law enforcement official told CNN.

Well then, wont be too long before we track down the phone used to make the report.

You work for the FBI?

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Probably some young person initiation into becoming a member of the skull and bones/Illuminati elite.

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by zilebeliveunknown

Freudian slip :p

I digress

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Cnn changed the name of the article on their headline page but not on the article page its self.

"Harvard Bomb Threat Called Hoax" Under the column The Latest.

Like we didn't see that coming being finals week and all.

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 10:20 AM
link   

shaneslaughta
reply to post by zilebeliveunknown

Freudian slip :p

I digress

lol...there are plenty of members that feed off the paranoia of big brother tapping into every keystroke of their posts...

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Things like this are the reason I nearly never carry a cell-phone, the person who lost it over the weekend will be completely destroyed by the media forever, unless the authorities have sense enough to keep it under wraps until the investigation is further along, if it is the case of a lost phone being used to pull shenanigans such as this.

Anybody with half or even a quarter of a brain or less would know better than to use their own phone.

Everybody gets pranked, if no one was harmed, there is no crime committed.

Except in the minds of sheeple, who don't know much of anything at all about much of anything at all.

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 11:29 AM
link   

You just know the ONE time they assume what we all did here and figure it's some kid playing games? That will be the 1:Million that actually results in a live bomb going off somewhere. Mr Murphy (of Murphys Law fame) seems to just love that sort of twist to events.

All in all though? I'm real glad to hear this wasn't real. Just that off chance....and these days with stress levels too. What are the odds a student, and one in a pressure cooker like Harvard, could snap and go bonkers to plant a real device? Hopefully, that'll stay a mystery to ask forever.

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I'm just glad it turned out well. If i see another bombing in the USA in my lifetime it will be too soon.

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Update....

Harvard Alert: As of 12:50 p.m., Thayer and Emerson halls are cleared and students may return. Sever and Science Center are still closed.
@thecrimson

That's good, 2 building cleared.

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Everybody gets pranked, if no one was harmed, there is no crime committed.

In most locations, a bomb threat is breaking a law.

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 05:19 PM
link   

BOSTON (CBS) — A Harvard student has been charged in connection with Monday’s bomb threats which shut down four Harvard buildings and canceled finals for many students.

The U.S. Attorney’s office says Eldo Kim, 20, of Cambridge, emailed several bomb threats to offices associated with Harvard University, including the Harvard University Police Department and the Harvard Crimson, the student-run daily newspaper.

In the email, Kim allegedly wrote: “shrapnel bombs placed in science center, sever hall, emerson hall, thayer hall, 2/4. guess correctly. be quick for they will go off soon.”

Kim was scheduled to take a final exam at 9 a.m. in Emerson Hall.

Link

Looks as though someone didn't want to do finals after all.

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Vasa Croe

Good.
I hope they are smart enough to target the Skull and bones frat.

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Eldo used TOR and anonymous mail to send the threat. FBI still identifies him.

Eldo Kim sent an e-mail bomb threat to Harvard so he could skip a final exam. (It's just a coincidence that I was on the Harvard campus that day.) Even though he used an anonymous account and Tor, the FBI identified him. Reading the criminal complaint, it seems that the FBI got itself a list of Harvard users that accessed the Tor network, and went through them one by one to find the one who sent the threat.

This is one of the problems of using a rare security tool. The very thing that gives you plausible deniability also makes you the most likely suspect. The FBI didn't have to break Tor; they just used conventional police mechanisms to get Kim to confess.

The Criminal Complaint which is the source

Link

top topics

<< 1   >>

join