It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Elderly Father's Best Friend Comes to Me in Dream to Tell Me He is Dead as My Father Was Thinkin

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 08:23 AM
link   
This is the second time in a year that a newly departed deceased person came to me in a dream state.

My father is in his 70's. For 35 years, he was best friends with a man I'll call Tom. Tom and my father worked together for years, moved to various cities together (they were both married to woman, they were really like inseparable brothers). They were a hoot when they were together. I felt as though Tom was my uncle and genuinely cared for my fathers kids and family and vise verse.

In 2003, Tom seemed to become almost delusional. He would make up elaborate stories involving adventures he and my father would go on. The problem is, he would also tell false stories in hopes of getting customers to go for various loans he was brokering. One day, they were in a pub and Tom spun a tail involving my father and Tom in front of a prospective customer. My father owned a business and his reputation was everything. He couldn't go along with the story or he'd jeopardize his business and ruin his reputation. He confronted Tom and told him it never happened and he can't go along with it. Tom was upset, left, moved literally a week later far away and they never had contact after that point. My father was obviously hurt. I haven't heard Tom's name or thought about him for 20 years as I was living 4 hours from my father when Tom lived in the same city as my father and had no reason to think or talk about him.

The weirdest thing happened this past Friday night. Tom came to me in a dream state and communicated that he had died a few years earlier. He said he knew my father was thinking heavily of him and to let him know. For some reason, I asked him how long it had been since he saw his children. He said years and years. I was surprised.

The next day, I told my father of the dream. He said he was shocked as he and his wife were just talking about where Tom could be only days earlier. My father said Tom was on his mind, but he had no idea on how to reach him.

I ran a background report and found out that he truly died two years ago. I found his adult kids and sent them a Facebook message asking if they knew where their father was (if he was alive), etc. His adult son emailed back and said he hasn't heard or spoke to his father in over 10 years.

We found Tom's obituary and have not communicated to his adult kids. I'm torn as I don't know if it's my place.

Very strange my father's best friend would come to me like that to ask me to convey to my father he died a few years ago.

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 08:42 AM
link   
The after death visitation in dreams is pretty common from what I've heard.
After my Mom died I dreamed I met her on a park bench and she told me she was fine and happy. I told my sister and said she was normal looking wearing a pink tee shirt with a white kitten on it and pink sweat pants. My sister started crying and said she gave that tee shirt to my Mom. Mom lived in Las Vegas then and I lived in Virginia. I didn't know that shirt .

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 08:47 AM
link   
You might link the obit to the children's Facebook page and say sorry not sure but is this your Dad ? They really do need to know. It's never pleasant but someone has to reveal the news. Be kind but do let them know.

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Yes, I will tell them their father died, but I really wish it wasn't me telling them

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by curiouswa

I know. Sorry honey. You really are doing them a favor. What if there was insurance or an inheritance issue.

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 10:16 AM
link   

curiouswa
Yes, I will tell them their father died, but I really wish it wasn't me telling them

This could have been one reason for him to contact you (if there is such a thing), so you can give his children a heads up.

Besides, someone should tell them, and since you've been on this trip you might as well go the whole way. I'd say phone them so you can talk it out all at once, and give them details. They probably suspect it anyway.

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 01:46 PM
link   
So has anyone else been contacted by the dead in a dream ?

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 05:25 PM
link   

curiouswa

Your telling them will be a blessing in some ways. Obviously, estranged from their father for years, now they will know that the situation has been finalized and is done. Their hurt from whatever caused the estrangement will melt away and then they recall and appreciate the better parts of their father.

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by curiouswa

this brought a tear to my eye....I find it interesting that it was you that he was allowed to speak to..

what's wrong is letting things go and just say .. "Dad, I love you even though I think you're a bit crazy, lets do lunch" ..

My mom was/ is still awesome, even though her meds made her that way, spending 12 years in Damashe State Hospital, as well as her environment...

When she passed, I was blessed to know her in the short span of 20years..

edit on 16-12-2013 by Komodo because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 08:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Komodo

Not sure if your reading this right. It was my father's friend who was fibbing and the lying eventually could of hurt my father as his friends lies were told to get people to do loans with him, so it could of come back in a bad way if my father went along with the lies.

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 08:05 AM
link   
I don't have the adult kids phone numbers. The daughter won't respond back, but the 30 year old son did reply. He said he had not spoke to his father in 10 years (thus, his father telling me it was years and years since he saw his kids). I sent him the link to the obituary and haven't heard back as it was only a few days ago. I'm sure there are major feelings about his father passing, especially if he was robbed of a father most of his life.

new topics

top topics

join