It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Execution in North Korea was fight over 4th Nuke test - Uncle who said "No" Executed

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Execution in North Korea was fight over 4th Nuke test - Uncle who said "No" Executed

In an exclusive interview with Turner Radio Network, U.S. Intelligence Experts have said the unpredictable leader of North Korea, Kim Jong Un, had his Uncle executed as a traitor for opposing a now-planned fourth nuclear bomb test. The pending test is designed to once again intimidate South Korea and extort concessions from the world.

The Uncle, Jang Song Thaek, told the young leader that neither China nor the world would tolerate further nuclear extortion and was working with other influential members of North Korea's government to stop another nuclear test. Jang was promptly executed for trying "to overthrow the state by all sorts of intrigues and despicable methods with a wild ambition to grab the supreme power of our party and state."

Experts who study the authoritarian country, which closely guards its internal workings from both outsiders and citizens, were divided on whether the sudden turn of events reflected turmoil within the highest levels of power or signaled that Kim Jong Un was consolidating his power in a decisive show of strength. Either way, the purge is an unsettling development for a world that is already wary of Kim's unpredictability amid North Korea's attempts to develop nuclear weapons.

I'm not sure how reliable the source or report is, I've never followed the site linked above before but while surfing I came across this angle of the story.

Seems Dear Leader Jr bumped off his uncle over this internal flap about Nukes and Testing. I wonder who else would ever attempt to protest anything else?

Such is the world we live in.
edit on 16-12-2013 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Well, if he's willing to have an uncle shot to death over disagreement regarding a weapons test? This doesn't give me a warm and fuzzy feeling about Kim's ability to show or exercise restraint in anything else, either.

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 08:31 AM
link   
This explanation makes a bit more sense to me than some of what was being said yesterday. For instance, it was stated that Un's uncle had been "on the take" for some time, and lived a "capitalist lifestyle." I don't doubt that those claims are true, but if they are, obviously the man had a blind eye turned to his actions for some time. And I didn't believe that, had he kept up his same actions, they would have just up and executed him. I thought that there must have been something to push the situation over the edge so to speak.

And opposing the leader on something that is as important to him as nuclear weapons seems like a feasible explanation. I find myself wondering, however, just how much opposition was put forth by his uncle. Had he simply expressed concern, and had no intentions of actually opposing any testing that others stood for, then it seems they may have been looking for an excuse to execute this man. Or maybe he was doing more than expressing an opinion about how the world would react. I suppose that things are so messed up in that country that attempting to pinpoint something can be quite difficult.

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by JiggyPotamus

To give a little context, back when the power shift had happened and Kim came to power, this Uncle was a power unto himself within the family and Government, by reports. He consolidated and had his loyalty from segments of the Military and others...again, by intelligence reports made public back when all that happened.

(In fact, assuming it's the same Uncle, he was looked to as a positive force to stabilize a total unknown with Kim)

I'd say that made Dear Uncle a Dear Rival ....and now, no rival at all. I'm thinking that's the most likely reason and the test was just the straw to break Kim's hesitation and lack of solid reason. I'll bet even he has to come up with something his people can at least tell themselves is true, which this seems to have done.

I'm also wondering what happened to his Sister and Brother. Both, back then, also jockeying for position and power in the new regime after Dad died. If he's purging blood...are they still among the living and outside a labor camp?

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Add his name at the bottom of a VERY long list. Just off the top of my head: Jesus said: "No!" JFK, Jr. said: "No!" MLK, Jr. said: "No". "No" doesn't fit their agenda. This is the EXACT reason why "the people" don't say "No". They KNOW the consequences. lol

(post by gardener removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 11:31 AM
link   
My thoughts after reading the OP:

Why is testing nukes this important to Korea?

What is Korea's intentions with regards to these weapons if/when these tests are successful?

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 11:46 AM
link   
i really think there's more to the un-proven capital punishment than either being againsy a new nuke test or being a corrupt official

NK is a proxy for China and lately the military of China has been lashing out at Japan more than usual
and there's the projection of Air and naval strength all around Oceania & the south china sea

i do have fuzzy recounts that China executed bankers that ran fraud deals and even some business CEOs were executed for shipping poisoned pet foods to world markets...
i think the lesson being addressed was the 'State' is above any individual no matter what their status is/was

of course China may be coaxing NK to do more open air nukes in response to the Radiation surging into the Japanese coastal waters from the bungled Fukushima reactor clean-up projects....

the 'State' could have determined that the Uncle was out-of-line and was expendable...

i think that the OP reporters and their undisclosed 'source' are imagination catching spins to generate hits from the public... is there a need for a more acceptable Sorcha Faal type of information provider

...Turner Radio News ? OMG

hey... thanks for posting your find
edit on 16-12-2013 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by St Udio

As I heard on RT,they said the Uncle who was executed was "China's man"in the top level,Kims Right Hand they said.
They thought it was a sign that lil kim was sending to China-of the middle finger kind.
I doubt that myself though,as China are their biggest ally.

Who knows what goes on over there...He is also rumored to recently having his girlfriend executed as well.
Not to mention all the death camps.

If you are into having family members and girlfriends shot to death,I guess a nice nuclear missile program would be the ultimate toy.
Lil Kim-What a crazy degenerate.

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 01:10 PM
link   
One good article I have found that goes into the charges brought against Jang Song Thaek can be found at 38north.org...

Basically it lays the case that Jang Song Thaek was positioning himself to attempt a coup. I have not heard any news that NK has performed another nuke test and with Jang now out of the way I fail to see any reason for delay if the nuke test issue was the main reason for execution. How differences of opinion where undertaken between Jang, Kim and the party does look to be very much a problem and reason for this execution. The nuke issue is just one of many involved with this situation.

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Wrabbit2000
Well, if he's willing to have an uncle shot to death over disagreement regarding a weapons test? This doesn't give me a warm and fuzzy feeling about Kim's ability to show or exercise restraint in anything else, either.

Exactly my thoughts.......................

I dont care about Iran, I think the west should just back off with them as they not worth a war.

But

North Korea? They send chills down my spine. If the Britain wanted to join the USA in takeing them out I would be more than happy and would even volenteer my own services to help.

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Dunno about that idea, ever hear OF THE FROZEN CHOSIN?

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

I think he was also trying to send a message to his people and the world. He's not messing around and he will remain their one and only "Dear Leader" regardless of family.

If I remember correctly his uncle wasn't blood related it was through marriage. I might be wrong on that though.

-SAP-

edit on 16-12-2013 by SloAnPainful because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by doobydoll

They see it as a show of power, they like their military parades and show of pure authority. Nuke testing is how they show it to the world.

They will soon loose the support of China over this though, once they have gone, The Mad Dog of the North might just let his birdies fly...

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by iRoyalty

He's stupid, but not that stupid. He knows if he launches anything he be blown into oblivion. Plus China wouldn't even allow him to get that far. The DPRK is just a China proxy state.

-SAP-

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 04:52 PM
link   
If I were Dennis Rodman I'd stay the hell away from there! Why is it that Iran doesn't set off nuclear bombs are almost attacked by the US and Israel, but when North Korea actually detonate a nuclear device, nobody does anything??? HHmmmmm veddy veddy strange

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 04:58 PM
link   

St Udio
i really think there's more to the un-proven capital punishment than either being againsy a new nuke test or being a corrupt official

NK is a proxy for China and lately the military of China has been lashing out at Japan more than usual
and there's the projection of Air and naval strength all around Oceania & the south china sea

i do have fuzzy recounts that China executed bankers that ran fraud deals and even some business CEOs were executed for shipping poisoned pet foods to world markets...
i think the lesson being addressed was the 'State' is above any individual no matter what their status is/was

of course China may be coaxing NK to do more open air nukes in response to the Radiation surging into the Japanese coastal waters from the bungled Fukushima reactor clean-up projects....

the 'State' could have determined that the Uncle was out-of-line and was expendable...

i think that the OP reporters and their undisclosed 'source' are imagination catching spins to generate hits from the public... is there a need for a more acceptable Sorcha Faal type of information provider

...Turner Radio News ? OMG

hey... thanks for posting your find

just to give a little credulity to my post.....check out this link

the Chinese propaganda game that pits China against Japan & Its ally the USA

link: www.theepochtimes.com...

...t says, translated from Chinese, that in “the setting sun, on the beach beautiful and bustling, greedy Japanese coveted this piece of paradise” and “attempt to plunder our precious cultural heritage.”

It then briefly explains the player’s role in the game, where they’re challenged to defeat the Japanese and “deport the invaders.”

The Senkaku Islands, part of the Ryukyu Island chain, have been under Japanese control since 1895. The islands came under U.S. control after World War II. When the U.S. returned the islands to Japan in 1972, both Mainland China and Taiwan also laid claim to the islands.

Tension has been growing around the Senkaku Islands, called the Diaoyu Islands by China. The Chinese Defense Ministry announced an Air Defense Identification Zone over international waters in the East China Sea on Nov. 23, which included the islands, and threatened “emergency military measures,” against any who opposed it.

de-americanize the world is the goal... state deemed death is the new-normal

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by SloAnPainful

Well if they do another Nuke test then China may pull their support. China is the only thing stopping an attack on the DPRK and they may get desperate if they loose them.
edit on 16-12-2013 by iRoyalty because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 05:03 PM
link   

SloAnPainful
reply to post by iRoyalty

He's stupid, but not that stupid. He knows if he launches anything he be blown into oblivion. Plus China wouldn't even allow him to get that far. The DPRK is just a China proxy state.

-SAP-

If north korea collaspes and he has nothing to lose then he may go for bust.
This is why everyone gets nervous if north korea show signs of collapsing.

North korea would likely lose a war but they could take millions down with them.

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Silcone Synapse

thanks for the update....
i t might be explained that the Uncle was an intel pipeline to China and "Lil Kim" just cut the connection and will demand bigger payouts for being a China flunky... so yeah NK did give the Sino's the bird

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join