It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

51 Sailors from USS Ronald Reagan Suffering Thyroid Cancer, Leukemia, Brain Tumors After Participati

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by GaryN

It just takes a little bit of common sense to avoid snide comments. I find it amazing after all that many convince themselves radiation had nothing to do with it or even imply it is good.

Sorry for your friend though, unfortunately its probably not uncommon. For many reasons though alcohol cant help. When you are out to sea for months and pull into port people go wild. Took a few years for me to slow down agter I got out, kept partying like I had been out to sea.

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 10:31 PM
link   

ANNED

inquisitive1977
reply to post by GaryN

Why not hear from actual ex sailors with first hand experience. Yes occasionally on a ship we vcould be exposed to things. Sometimes an area we walked by would have a simple strip of tape blocking it off with an asbestos sign.

You know what has NEVER happened is having so many people all at once coming down with major diseases. So we should assume all of this happens to people who coincodentally took part in the rescue where a major nuclear accident happened. It just coincidentally happened around the same timeframe after the incident but of course it couldnt be related.

I was in the navy.

There is a lot of toxic materiel on navy ships.

When i was in there was Trichloroethane that they told us was harmless. and we used PURE Trichloroethane to wash parts.

Yet you have this.
www.benefits.va.gov...

And us that worked with the pure TCE are not hurt and can not get service connected disability for our medical problems.

Other problems on ships when i was in the navy was the ships water distillation systems allowed toxic chemical into the ships drinking water when in heavily contaminated Foreign ports. This included agent orange off Vietnam.

both the Royal British and Australian Governmental studies that found the same findings. Desalination of sea water to make it potable concentrated the AO. They paid their Navy claims quickly.

www.blogs.va.gov...

I'm hearing more from ex-sailors in my circle of friends all the time... and a couple of active duty here, about the spiking of symptoms and worse. There's another couple of friends out there showing up with plenty going wrong from extreme Agent Orange exposure. One was 1st Cav.. the other one's a LURP.
hope to God they're all still here and feeling no pain..

To call all this junk's aftereffects being ignored a coverup is a gross understatement by the media, and I'm saving everything about this thread for fact and statements to pass around.

Before any more flapjaw, thank you and everyone for your service and sacrifices. You will not be forgotton or even neglected if I'm still sucking air. When the war machine you're working for is doing almost as good a job of doing one in as the supposed enemy, it's time to do a tug-of-war and pull the plug.

Trivia::
A tool maker for about four decades, I was using the same trichlor (without gloves natch) to wash parts-- but it was super for tapping aluminum too. Trouble is, it made a lot of fumes because of its low boiling point. It also unfortunately was shown five or so years downstream to cause tumor growth. So do a lot more compounds I worked with like dishwashing soap.

Thank the big boys for taking the teeth out of the EPA. I got
through chemo and radiation for now, and will probably retire next month-- since I may be a higher medical/insurance risk than a 1957 horror movie wierdo.

Thanks to everybody; and while topside my best full time job for now will be spitting the hidden truth. However ugly no problem, we match fine.
PS-- I shudder to think if the water is getting radiologically polluted at the elemental instead of just the molecular level... very little could clean it up then.

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 01:08 AM
link   
I sure hope all my fellow military veterans who are doing their best to protect their country and us (being moved in harms way) stay healthy and safe. They need medical attention to get that radiation crap out of their bodies before it damages their DNA and genes. I pray for them and for us becuase of the greed and incompetence of the "leaders" who pollute our planet and all life on it.

I know there is a way to detox from radiation that might help them:

thehealingfrequency.com...

Stop the madness now, we don't need anymore dangerous energy, the sun has all we need, as Germany is proving!

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 02:36 AM
link   

GaryN
reply to post by MillionsOfPeaches

How does one fake cancer?

I only see Maurice Enis and Jaime Plym named so far, who are the others? Can we see any of the medical assessments, or is that a doctor-patient confidentiality thing? I guess those details will have to come out in any legal proceedings. And for my money, any cancers would likely not be from radiation but more likely from all the other stuff sailors are exposed to. I have a friend who told me about the paint fumes and chemicals they used when he was in the service, out of Florida. He recently had radiation treatment for bowel cancer, but has also had some fairly bad neurological problems for quite a while. He was never on a nuclear powered ship, or anywhere near radiation as far as he knows. Radiation cures more cancer than it causes, otherwise the hospitals would be overflowing with cancer sufferers, so don't try to blame radiation for every ailment under the Sun.

An ongoing study on the impact of radiation on Fukushima residents from the crippled atomic power plant has found 12 minors with confirmed thyroid cancer diagnoses, up from three in a report in February, with 15 other suspected cases, up from seven, researchers announced Wednesday.

www.japantimes.co.jp...

Let me guess these cases are not radiation related either? Also you can not state that radiation cures more cancer than it causes because when some one gets cancer you can't tell what caused it unless the situation is obvious like you have multiple children in the same area getting thyroid cancer after a nuclear accident. Even than its not traceable.

How many people has Chernobyl killed so far?

We’ll probably never know. That’s partly because even 40,000 cancer deaths are less than 1 percent of the cancer mortality expected in the affected population. Statistically, the deaths are undetectable. Even if they weren’t, science usually can’t say that a particular cancer was induced by radiation rather than something else.

One exception is thyroid cancer, a very rare disease in children that skyrocketed to nearly 7,000 cases in Belarus, Russia, and Ukraine by 2005. There is no doubt that radioactivity from Chernobyl caused them, including about a dozen fatalities. We also know that two people died in the explosion and more than 100 people, mostly firefighters ignorant of the dangers, received doses high enough to cause acute radiation syndrome. Of them, 29 died within a few months, followed by 18 more deaths over the years. The group seems to be at higher risk for blood cancers.

www.slate.com... articles.mercola.com...

The toxic effects of mammogram radiation are finally being acknowledged as a significant factor in the development of breast cancer. Several recent studies have clearly shown that breast cancer screenings may be causing women more harm than good.

Dr. Samuel Epstein, one of the world's top cancer experts, has stated:

"The premenopausal breast is highly sensitive to radiation, each 1 rad exposure increasing breast cancer risk by about 1 percent, with a cumulative 10 percent increased risk for each breast over a decade's screening."

So one of the top Dr.s researching cancer even states that radiation can cause cancer.

The number of cancer deaths among the 36,500 survivors who were exposed beyond 2.5 km is 3,177, including 73 leukemia deaths and 3,104 deaths from cancers other than leukemia.

The proportion of cancer deaths attributable to radiation exposure is higher among those who were exposed closer to the hypocenter, as in the case of deaths due to injuries from the blast, heat, or radiation.

pketko.com...

But its not just cancer you have genetic deformities, heart problems, still births and a host of other problems caused by radiation.

According to Dr. Pierpaolo Mittica, the on-going medical nightmare of radiation poisoning includes(25):

1. An increase of 100 times the incidence in aggressive tumors of the thyroid(26) and 50 times the incidence in other radiation-related tumors (leukemia, bone and brain tumors) in the contaminated areas. Much of this carcinogenic increase is in children.

2. There is a 30-percent increase “in malformations due to genetic mutations, of pathologies of the senses, cardio-vascular, skeletal, and muscular systems and the connective tissues, as well as diseases of the nervous system and psychic disorders.

3. There is a 20-percent increase of premature births.

4. These figures do not include unknown numbers of spontaneous abortions, miscarriages, and still-births due to radiation.

5. Physicians and scientists who spoke out were discredited, fired, or jailed.

6. Low-level radiation exposure remains a hazard.

The genetic mutations to all living beings (humans and all animals) that are happening also have received little coverage from corporate-controlled media. When the 1959 thalidomide tragedy struck infants, the media did show many photos of deformed babies. The corporate-controlled media is now silent, so the world at large does not know or see the devastation that nuclear radiation causes. However, the medical and alternative journals have covered this horror.

www.globalresearch.ca...

Then you have risk to fetuses.

In utero exposure to ionizing radiation can be teratogenic, carcinogenic, or mutagenic. The effects are directly related to the level of exposure and stage of fetal development. The fetus is most susceptible to radiation during organogenesis (two to seven weeks after conception) and in the early fetal period . . . The risk of cancer is increased regardless of the dose.

www.aafp.org...

So radiation does cause cancer. Im not saying we are all going to get cancer, but it is not some harmless inert force that you so often like to make it out to be.

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 03:01 AM
link   

inquisitive1977
reply to post by GaryN

Thank the big boys for taking the teeth out of the EPA.

The VA ignores any and all Evidence of toxicity from the EPA and claims its irrelevant and bad research. I know because I tried to use EPA research to back up my service connected claim.

Triclor is now banned on all military bases and VA property.
edit on 19-12-2013 by ANNED because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 03:40 AM
link   
reply to post by ANNED

A lot of the Halocarbon solvents are turning out to be pretty toxic. The body converts a lot of them into Carbon Dioxide leaving the Halogen which are very reactive to reactive with a multitude of different things in your body.
edit on 19-12-2013 by BGTM90 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 09:47 AM
link   

urmenimu
reply to post by solongandgoodnight

drinking radioactive contaminated water? this will be scrubbed from all main stream media outlets by tomorrow [until forever] thanks to our little lovelies running the ugly circus that used to be the dream of civilization.

My water is just fine.

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 04:54 AM
link   
Contamination of USS Ronald Reagan During Fukushima Response Underreported

[Update: In 2013, Japan Focus published two superb pieces by investigative reporter Roger Witherspoon on the US military's response to radioactive contamination during Operation Tomodachi: click here and here. His interviews with servicemen and women who served on the Reagan--and in many other locations and capacities during the relief operation, describe the harrowing circumstances of trying, sometimes unsuccessfully, to predict and dodge the Fukushima plume and deal with onboard contamination of people as well as equipment. Witherspoon's account begs the question of why the Department of Defense saw fit to discontinue the Todomachi Medical Registry, which would have established baseline data for exposed personnel and monitored them for health problems. CH 2/5/14]

Informative

Mod Note (This Appears On Every Post Reply Page): AboveTopSecret.com takes pride in making every post count. Please do not create minimal posts or simple "I agree" posts when replying to threads. If you need to quote a member's post in your reply, please ensure you edit down the quoted amount to the minimum needed to make your point. Overly large quotes or minimal replies are subject to warnings or deletion.

Mod Note: Big Quote – Please Review This Link.

edit on 2/6/2014 by semperfortis because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 06:44 PM
link   
This lawsuit is very real. The sailors suffered direct damages from the radiation from Fukushima. The USA recently offered Japan a treaty to sign that would blanket protect them from being sued. Last I had heard the lawyer representing the sailors was trying to figure out how to file it to make sure it included all parties being sued. I hope the fact that they filed before the treaty will ensure their case. It makes me sick to think that we would offer Japan a get out of jail free card for killing people.

This is going to kill people. Those sailors developing cancers in that amount of time? That's life long damage. That shortens lifespans. I am amazed no deaths are listed. They took a direct blow. No there was never a protocol to deal with this so they were treading new water when it came to contamination. I cannot fathom anyone doubting this story this has been in the news for a long time now. What is wrong with people? How many times does this lawyer have to do interviews or it be mentioned in the media for someone to realize this happened?

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Pimpintology

Any Source for your Claim of a Agreement between the US and Japan?

Never heart about it!

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Human0815

Any Source for your Claim of a Agreement between the US and Japan?

Never heart about it!

Its on the second page. We openly discussed it.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

That will give you the gist of it.

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 01:08 AM
link   
Here is a good critic:

A story has been making the rounds recently about a number of sailors on the USS Ronald Reagan who are suing the US Navy and TEPCO for symptoms they claim are related to exposure to nuclear radiation on board the ship. The Reagan did not land in Japan at the time of the tsunami or the ensuing problems at the Fukushima nuclear power plant. However, it did participate in the transfer of relief supplies, a mission which resulted in the Reagan spending several weeks in an area about one hundred miles away from the crippled reactors.

The lawsuit has been dismissed, but those who brought it are vowing to continue their fight, attempting to appeal or refile their claims.

Interesting to read

Imo. a Government who do not care about his Servants is not a Government,
it is not important if they got harmed "on Duty" important is their
Suffering and their Pain.

Healthcare must be free, for everyone!

@Pimpintology,

this us not what is in my Head,
also the Sailors sue Tepco in the USA and not in Japan,
the Japanese Law is not important for this case,
only the American Law!

I doubt a success for this Soldiers but they are invited to come here
and we organize something helpful,
it is not fair to let this People suffer!
edit on 12-2-2014 by Human0815 because: info

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 12:16 PM
link   
www.internationalpolicydigest.org...

A sane and sober look at radiation on the USS Ronald Reagan---there was not enough to really worry about.

Two peer reviewed radiation surveys taken during that period that indicate what is likely, and an unconfirmed report sounds plausible. The unconfirmed report from the USS Ronald Reagan is 0.6 mRem/hr. That is equal to 6 μGy/hr (0.000006 Gy). That is 6 millionths of a Gray. Then we have a radiation survey from Iitate village that showed a dose rate of 200 μGy/hr. Another radiation survey of Fukushima looking for hotspots showed 4.8 – 98 μGy/hr.

Using the highest figure from Iitate village, which is 200 μGy/hr at 1 meter above the ground on March 28/29, a person standing in the hot spot would get 50 mSv in 250 hours. It is not reasonable to believe doses were significantly higher out to sea.

From this we see that the unconfirmed report from the USS Ronald Reagan sounds like it is in a reasonable ballpark. In the chart above, you can see the USS Ronald Reagan dose plotted on the chart in red. However, it is not reasonable to believe the Reagan’s crew was exposed to that high dose over the short period of the reported radiation plume.

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Human0815

@Pimpintology,

this us not what is in my Head,
also the Sailors sue Tepco in the USA and not in Japan,
the Japanese Law is not important for this case,
only the American Law!

That is incorrect. As stated by the lawyer this is international law. Not US law. Suing Tepco in a US court would do nothing and no one would have standing to bring a case because Tepco is not under the supervision of the US government nor subject to our regulations. This will have to be done on an international level and in a Japanese court.

edit on 15-2-2014 by Pimpintology because: of Fukushima radiation!

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Tusks

You do not know what the dosage was that the sailors received. You do not know how hot particles would affect them. The committee setup to decide whether hot particles are more dangerous then normal radiation couldn't even agree and said there was not evidence to even decide. We would have to start testing it on humans in a lab to know. Spies have been killed with hot particles. IMO we do not know and will not get to know how much radiation hit that ship or was flushed through it and through the sailors digestive tracts. Anyone who thinks they have the data or are going to get access to that data are severely mistaken. It is not public knowledge.

edit on 15-2-2014 by Pimpintology because: of fluoride!

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 02:18 AM
link   

Tepco is a registered Business with a Head-Office
in the US and afaik. under US Regulation,
they "try" to sue Tepco in America under the US Law!

We need to ask what went wrong on that Ship!

The USS Ronald Reagan is one of the most sophisticated
War Ships ever, well equipped for a Nuclear War,
incl State of the Art Detection Systems for traces of Radiation!

They have a whole Group of Nuclear Technician, Engineers and Medics
on Board who are well educated in the Danger of Radioactivity
and i doubt that F'Shima is the Reason for this Diseases.

Also the Japanese Detection System (Speedi) was down,
25 from 26 Stations was destroyed, broken or plain gone!

Tepco measured only until their Gate in that Time.

Edit:
Profile / TEPCO at a Glance
(as of November 18, 2013)
Company Name Tokyo Electric Power Company, Incorporated (TEPCO)
Head Office 1-1-3 Uchisaiwai-cho,
Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo, JAPAN

Washington Office 2121 K Street, NW, Suite 910 Washington, DC 20037 U.S.A.
Tel: +1-202-457-0790

London Office Wing 7, Fourth Floor, Berkeley Square House,Berkeley Square London W1J 6BR, U.K.

Tel: +44-20-7629-5271
Established May 1, 1951
Equity capital 1,400.9 billion yen
Shareholders 867,704
Sales turnover 5,976.2 billion yen (FY2012)
Ordinary income -326.9 billion yen (FY2012)
Net income -685.2 billion yen (FY2012)
Gross assets 14,989.1 billion yen
Employees 37,231
Electricity sales 269,033 GWh (FY2012)
Customer agreements 28.88 million (does not include specified scale demand)
Maximum output 64.3 GW (July 24, 2001)
Affiliated companies 97

Tepco Info
edit on 16-2-2014 by Human0815 because: Info

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Human0815

Tepco is a registered Business with a Head-Office
in the US and afaik. under US Regulation,
they "try" to sue Tepco in America under the US Law!

We need to ask what went wrong on that Ship!

The USS Ronald Reagan is one of the most sophisticated
War Ships ever, well equipped for a Nuclear War,
incl State of the Art Detection Systems for traces of Radiation!

They have a whole Group of Nuclear Technician, Engineers and Medics
on Board who are well educated in the Danger of Radioactivity
and i doubt that F'Shima is the Reason for this Diseases.

Also the Japanese Detection System (Speedi) was down,
25 from 26 Stations was destroyed, broken or plain gone!

Tepco measured only until their Gate in that Time.

Edit:
Profile / TEPCO at a Glance
(as of November 18, 2013)
Company Name Tokyo Electric Power Company, Incorporated (TEPCO)
Head Office 1-1-3 Uchisaiwai-cho,
Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo, JAPAN

Washington Office 2121 K Street, NW, Suite 910 Washington, DC 20037 U.S.A.
Tel: +1-202-457-0790

London Office Wing 7, Fourth Floor, Berkeley Square House,Berkeley Square London W1J 6BR, U.K.

Tepco Info
edit on 16-2-2014 by Human0815 because: Info

Wrong, wrong and more wrong. Your own Tepco reference has their "head" office in Japan, NOT the US. They have satellite offices in other countries, not "head" offices. Your statement that their "head" office is in the US is pulled from thin air and contrary to what you posted! The Japanese government has taken over Tepco, the US government has nothing to do with it!
Here is their stockholder information that was already discussed in these threads:
www.tepco.co.jp...
Here is a "Japan" news article from Jun 26, 2013 repeating that the Japanese government has taken over:
japandailypress.com...

TEPCO faces angry shareholders, calls for abandonment of nuclear power
At the annual shareholders’ meeting, the first since the Japanese government acquired control, of TEPCO.....

There is absolutely no basis to think TEPCO should (or even could) be sued in the US just like was already said - with corporations their "head office" is where they are "served" with any law suits - their "head office" is in Japan! Read your own post! Having an 'office' in another country does not make that office culpable. The incident happened from Japan, the company's head office is in Japan, the company is now controlled by the Japan government. The US sailors could try and sue the US for putting them in harm's way - but they cannot sue the US for the 'harm' because the harm is Japan's responsibility even though they don't admit to anything unless caught lying.

But I doubt the sailors will get anywhere in any law suit, I'm sure it will be found Japan is not responsible because it was an 'act of God' or some other lame excuse, the best these sailors can hope for is raising awareness. Even if they got a judgment they'd probably never get paid anything, it will take many years and by then they'll probably all be dead from the exposure.

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by wishes

Honey,

try to inform yourself first before you try to make big Waves:

A San Diego federal judge has dismissed a lawsuit alleging that U.S. sailors were exposed to dangerous radiation during the humanitarian response to the March 2011 Japanese earthquake and tsunami.

Source
San Diego is not in Japan and you do not know what you talking about

Tepco is doing Business in the US, one of their Head Offices is in Washington!

Tepco is a registered Business with a Head-Office in the US and afaik. under US Regulation, they "try" to sue Tepco in America under the US Law!

Here you are right, i thought that it is clear that Tepco is a J-Company,
but when you really "want" to read in the Way like you had done than my
writing was wrong, the right Way must be:
"Tepco is a Japanese Company that is doing their Job in the US",
you cant do Business in the US without being a Registered US Company!

edit on 16-2-2014 by Human0815 because: spell

To make it clear where this happened:
The amended action was filed in federal court in San Diego on Feb. 6
Source

edit on 16-2-2014 by Human0815 because: clearer

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Human0815
reply to post by wishes

Honey,

try to inform yourself first before you try to make big Waves:

A San Diego federal judge has dismissed a lawsuit alleging that U.S. sailors were exposed to dangerous radiation during the humanitarian response to the March 2011 Japanese earthquake and tsunami.

Source
San Diego is not in Japan and you do not know what you talking about

Tepco is doing Business in the US, one of their Head Offices is in Washington!

Tepco is a registered Business with a Head-Office in the US and afaik. under US Regulation, they "try" to sue Tepco in America under the US Law!

Here you are right, i thought that it is clear that Tepco is a J-Company,
but when you really "want" to read in the Way like you had done than my
writing was wrong, the right Way must be:
"Tepco is a Japanese Company that is doing their Job in the US",
you cant do Business in the US without being a Registered US Company!

edit on 16-2-2014 by Human0815 because: spell

To make it clear where this happened:
The amended action was filed in federal court in San Diego on Feb. 6
Source

edit on 16-2-2014 by Human0815 because: clearer

I am not your "Honey" - stop being disrespectful just because you're shown to be wrong!
If you read the article YOU posted - the case was brought before a judge in San Francisco and was "DISMISSED ON JURISDICTIONAL GROUNDS" - that means they have NO JURISDICTION there and the judge will not hear the case! You can bring a lawsuit before any court you want - but they WILL DISMISS it if they have NO JURISDICTION to hear it and rule on it! This is what happened - if they had jurisdiction it would not have been dismissed on those grounds! I have 20 years in the legal system, how many years do you have? None, is my guess.

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by wishes

So So So,
when you are soooooo educated in the US-Law you should know
that they sued Tepco-USA because there is no one here in Japan
who want/ will to listen to a US Court Decision, what they decide
is not legally binding here in Japan, they try to sue the legal Body
of the US Tepco!

Edit:
The Case was dismissed because of Stupidity:

Garner originally submitted the case a year ago. A federal judge in Southern California granted the company’s Nov. 26 motion to dismiss the case, but Garner and the sailors will have another chance, he told Navy Times.

Garner agreed to drop some of the allegations in the lawsuit, including a conspiracy charge, and said the judge would reconsider the case in the new year.

Navy Source

edit on 16-2-2014 by Human0815 because: see edit

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join