It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Edward Snowden leaks: NSA amnesty 'considered'

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 09:35 AM
link   
This is silly.

Even if he got amnesty, the secrets are still in his head and so the gov't would still have him on a hit list. And I doubt they'd give him amnesty to get documents/files because they have been out for a long time and lots of people could have seen them and made copies.

This story makes no sense to me. Unless it's a carrot being dangled to get Snowden to mess up and show himself so the gov't can go in and 'take care of business' (kill him and confiscate documents .... that kind of thing).

But amnesty? Nope. Not real .. IMHO.

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 09:49 AM
link   

FlyersFan
This is silly.

Even if he got amnesty, the secrets are still in his head and so the gov't would still have him on a hit list. And I doubt they'd give him amnesty to get documents/files because they have been out for a long time and lots of people could have seen them and made copies.

This story makes no sense to me. Unless it's a carrot being dangled to get Snowden to mess up and show himself so the gov't can go in and 'take care of business' (kill him and confiscate documents .... that kind of thing).

But amnesty? Nope. Not real .. IMHO.

Whatever is going on it seems the NSA is fidgity and nervous. Makes one wonder how deep down the rabbit hole his 2 million files go.

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 09:51 AM
link   

sparrowstail
Makes one wonder how deep down the rabbit hole his 2 million files go.

Deep enough to sink the ship or he'd already be dead.

-Peace-
edit on 16-12-2013 by Eryiedes because: Typo

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Normally I would say never trust an intelligence agency to keep their word, but I am thinking that IF they gave him amnesty, and IF he returned to the US, there would be enough public attention regarding the fact that he is not to be touched, therefore if he was arrested or something, it would be a precarious situation. But he could just "disappear," and nobody could prove that the NSA or CIA was behind it, even though they probably would be.

But the truth is that they more than likely have at least discussed assassinating him, but probably have shelved the idea due to the fact that if they did this, he likely would have secured means to release all the documents that he still has. And I highly doubt that he would have to be on US soil to be assassinated. The CIA could easily make an attempt on his life in ANY country in the world. They likely would attempt to make it look less suspicious, preferably like an accident or suicide.

Then there is the possibility they could contract such a job to a foreign intelligence agency. MOSSAD comes to mind, as they are, in my opinion and to my knowledge, the most experienced in carrying out assassinations, whether on friendly, neutral, or hostile soil. It doesn't matter, and it just takes a different approach depending on the location.

But since Snowden is in the spotlight, they probably do not want to go that route. I think what they are doing now is just preparing to do damage control, since they have an idea as to what he could potentially release in terms of secret information. I believe that Snowden still has some very damning documents, whether related to government spying or to something else.

I do agree though that it would be quite irresponsible for him to come back to the US, no matter what the government states regarding prosecution. He is still not safe on neutral territory, and he knows very well that his life could be in danger. And then there is the possibility that even IF they allowed him amnesty and he returned to the US, some right-wing nutter could make an attempt on his life, because, you know, conservatives seem to have this belief that the government, or at least republicans within the government, are always right, and that anyone who opposes them (republicans) is wrong, and therefore even if Snowden's actions were beneficial to the people and democracy in general, they won't see it that way.

And the truth is that yes, he did break the law. But, the government was breaking the law in the first place. Therefore why is everyone getting upset with him, when the truth is that illegal activities should be outed as soon as possible. I believe that any contract he had with the government was negated when he realized that the government was performing illegal actions. Sort of like how a soldier does not have to carry out an illegal order, and cannot be prosecuted for not doing so.

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Look at it this way.
The Pentagon is freaking out because a new round Obama's hope and change has been exposed in living color. Under the control of man who ran on a platform transparency and closing the illegal prison, Guantanamo has not only seen the torture increase in frequency...the torture has increased in severity.

CAUTION: EXTREMELY VIOLENT IMAGES FOUND AT THE LINK...DO NOT VIEW THEM IF YOU ARE SENSITIVE OR OFFENDED BY SUCH SUBJECT MATTER.

govtslaves.info...

This is JUST the information that HAS been released to the public after endless campaigns for disclosure.

The images are literally the stuff of nightmares.
This is what the State is really about.
This is what results from the hatriotism and apathy of the citizens.

Now...just imagine what Snowdon has on them.
Now...multiply the above links impact by a million times.
Now you have some idea of what the Pentagon fears more than China.
They fear The Truth and the ONLY thing the State fears more than that is The Truth getting out.

This is the true face of the enemy and from what I can see...they look exactly like our leaders.

-Peace-

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 01:37 PM
link   

OceanSpray
Snowden will not make a deal, he will continue spilling the beans until everyone's painfully aware of how corrupt our society is and his data is all out in the open. we are in a time of getting rid of the old ways and starting a new way and in order to do that, the dirt must all come out first.

To expound on this comment a little further... 0bama's lies were just taken with a grain of salt and considered business as usual, it never made big waves, and everything was pretty well under cover and the secrets secure. Once Snowden came on the scene, all hell broke loose, and people started paying attention to the corruption everywhere, and became incensed when it was revealed that their private lives had even been spied on. 0bama's ratings sunk to new lows, his lies began to be taken seriously, and America was angry. Our United States needs an overhaul, a purge of those who won't follow the Constitution, a purge and holding accountable those guilty of political crimes As OceanSpray says "the dirt must all come out first"
Personally.... I am thankful that Snowden was able to bring to bear Accountability by those vile people hell bent on selling out America
edit on 16-12-2013 by Plotus because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 11:43 AM
link   

sparrowstail
reply to post by Panic2k11

Seems plausible that he would have a death plan in effect. A major dump of all his secrets if he dies unexpectedly. If he knows what he knows, then I am sure he would know all "their" strategies for "quietly" making someone and all their family members go away. Most importantly, they can't be trusted. Could be suicidal for the letter agencies to off him.

edit on 16-12-2013 by sparrowstail because: (no reason given)

I can't recall where, but I heard it reported that he has given some trusted friends/journalists the encryption keys and location(s) of all of his research, just in case he has an "accident."

I can envision the headlines reading "Snowden slips in Bathtub" followed by Wiki Leaks 2.0

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Just some crazy thoughts:

I recently read the Snowden-Brazil leak:
m.g1.globo.com...

rt.com...

What if Snowden is just a pawn or disinfo agent? How could such a big and secure organisation lose so much classified information to one person. It sounds too easy or too good to be true.

What if it's a disinfo game to hide something much bigger?

Snowden gets a double and gets killed. The real guy gets plastic surgery and settles down in the Bahamas.

edit on 17 12 13 by AsianAlienKungFusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by colddeadhands

imho,

He'd be a fool to consider any such promises . . . in writing or otherwise . . .

to be the least bit functional, valid, or remotely trustworthy.

The globalist oligarchy does . . . as Kissinger says . . . the illegal immediately and the unConstitutional with a bit of delay . . . LYING is their first, 2nd & 3rd nature.

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by AsianAlienKungFusion

I am under the same impression. I think the Cold Case Posse who never spoke to anybody in Hawaii did speak to Snowden. It was a leave Arizona alone as they were being hacked to get to the truth about Fast and Furious ATF in Arizona. Jan Brewer wagging her finger at Obama over the hacking by US contractors called Anonymous. And Janet Napolitano sitting in charge of DHS saying who is hacking my friends.John McCain with his friends pushing Birtherism while saying it's not me. And then the Boston Bombing where Tom Donolon was sitting at the table in Russia with his counterparts in Russia. Russia giving Snowden a place to come for shelter but quit embarrassing the world with leaks because we our all in it together. The Russians working hand and hand with the US to attack all the social media that the Boston Bombers used. VK social media in Russia Bought out or framed for car accident to get Putins friend in charge of it. VK using Facebook software JOEY. New data mining software put in the photo sharing software the Boston Bombers used. Russia being given access to all FBI data that concerns Russians or terrorism.

So who did the Cold Case Posse talk to in Hawaii?

Have a feeling Arizonas Fusion Center has some dirty deeds going on. And it had protection from the very top down starting with Janet Napolitano, Jan Brewer and John McCain.

And Brazil? Don't forget Mark Sanford kicked out of office because he had a affair there. And he was on the short list as VP for John McCain.
edit on 17-12-2013 by JBA2848 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join