It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fox News Neutralized, Soros-Backed Group Declares Victory

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 12:49 AM
link   
Well it looks like FoxNews has been "Neutralized" according to the ultra Left Wing organization Media Matters who "declared war" on Fox a while back.

The organization's top shot says that they no longer see Fox as a "Threat", probably due to recent program changes and some reshuffling of Fox "Celebrities".

However, Fox enjoys very high viewership and is said to be the most trusted source of information on Obamacare (more trusted than even Obama Himself !! -- [not real hard to do] ).

Media Matters is heavily backed by ultra Left Wing NGO operative and Master Corporatist George Soros.

Sounds to me like they are actually abandoning their efforts and this surprise announcement is really a retreat.

Typical tactic to claim "Victory" from the pits of "Defeat" and "Disgrace".

The liberal media-watchdog group backed by billionaire George Soros says its "war" on Fox News is over, claiming it has neutralized the right-leaning network and no longer sees it as a threat.

"It's not just that it's over, but it was very successful," Media Matters Executive Vice President Angelo Carusone bragged late this week to The Huffington Post

"To a large extent, we won," he said.

This week Media Matters gave the Huffington Post a look at its internal strategic plan for the next three years.

^^^^ video report in the HuffPost link ^^^^

Fox News Neutralized, Soros-Backed Group Declares Victory

Well I'm glad that's finally settled

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Thank You for this post! I gave you a star. I needed a good laugh, or I was having a mild stroke, getting harder to tell which is which!. Also, if we can opt out of 'DeathCamps.Heathcare.Gov', why can't we get free 'induced' comma's so that we can wake up when things are better, in about, 3000 yrs, and they use space ships for fed-ex and chick have purple hair and great bods and kick butt and, oh, wait, right, that stroke thing again! Happy 4th of July all !

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 12:58 AM
link   
So then FOX has changed their views?
No.

Then they must have decreased viewership right?
No.

So what exactly did they accomplish?

I say this as someone who doesn't like or watch FOX news.

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 01:35 AM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Thanks for the find, F&S. Read nothing between the lines on Dr. Megyneto's take, she's into asking the right questions of people from both major sides of the aisle-- and demanding answers.
If that's on the level, she's taking Olbermann's place on a different channel, because Keith bashed everybody who screwed up, R or D. If true I can respect them both, and greatly.

I'm starting to go somewhat apolitical myself because it's all lies and fog anyway. It's not because I want a date with Megyn. Gee that sounded like I don't even have a pulse didn't it? Nevermind

For sure if George sold out his whole neighborhood as a kid, there's also a good chance he's got a number to do on our whole country. I can count on people at last having a place to occasionally get away from it all --
especially if they caused it all. Pure plopogranda... a wet one. I give him a litmus test result of about xenomorph saliva... way left of center and therefore not working in the US's interests.

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 01:43 AM
link   
reply to post by OccamsRazor04

Funny, I was being "wowed' by the "Spirituality as Costume' post, and occam kept coming up in my mind. What would occam say if he was around in 2013? I was thinking probably something like "When y, you eliminate all other possibilities, that which remains must be, Kardashians (or Big Foot or Flying Manicotti or Lady GaGa).
Anyway, occam rocks !

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Sounds to me like they are actually abandoning their efforts and this surprise announcement is really a retreat.

Typical tactic to claim "Victory" from the pits of "Defeat" and "Disgrace".

Everything wrong with politics right here /\

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 02:00 AM
link   
reply to post by tencap77

I cringe at the mention of the name Kardashian. How everyone knows what happens every day in their lives, yet none of the important things going on makes me crazy.

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 02:44 AM
link   

Soros gets me twitchy whenever he speaks - sort of like when the hackles go up on my dogs back.

Good to know that I can sleep easy because a Billionaire freak-show said FOX is still crap - I was starting to go crazy with all the FOX I don't watch.

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 03:30 AM
link   
I think I just startled villages & towns throughout Asia with my fit of laughter at this notion.

Nobody has "neutralized" Faux News. The day they cease airing, yeah, maybe we can discuss something like that. Lol, "neutralized". People still watch that trash in droves, right along with the rest of the garbage on the idiot box.
edit on 12/16/2013 by Nyiah because: That was so funny it made me make typos.

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 06:45 AM
link   
(laugh) Wow.. This is the morning for creative and highly selective reporting by sources, isn't it? 3rd story in a row where it's factually, wildly, off base...but heck, that's what makes being a newshound fun.

To be specific though? If the ratings here indicate Fox News is having any trouble at all, I sure want to know how they get that impression.

( Source )

I suppose I can understand exaggerating a little bit? Maybe..fudging the numbers a hair if Fox were remotely close to any other channel for ratings? However... they aren't. In most categories, Fox seems to not only lead at #1...but amazingly, their total number exceeds that of MSNBC, CNN and HLN COMBINED.

Now where I grew up to learn statistics, that isn't just winning the race, it's a rout and total blow out. How is Fox..Neutralized? (trying to keep a straight face)

* Just to add about the spin and warp of the stories today? By no means do I mean threads or OPs.. The sources themselves are writing these how they're reading....and that's what makes it remarkable.

edit on 16-12-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: fixed source link

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 07:03 AM
link   
Jesus and Santa Claus are white people...Megyn Kelly of FOX says it, so it must be true, because they are FAIR AND BALANCED. and no commie leftist (sarcasm) is going to tell them different.

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 07:04 AM
link   

Yes, well and good...but WHAT DOES THE FOX SAY???

Anyway, on topic, maybe they mean that the people who don't watch Fox are less likely now to believe anything the network says (or more importantly, what they purposely omit).
edit on 16-12-2013 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-12-2013 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 07:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

The "victory" is not about decreasing FOX viewership, but decreasing their credibility which they did and rightly so.

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 07:38 AM
link   
lol someone is proud of FOX's viewership? lmao.

if you mean, proud = baffled at their stupidity, i guess go with it!

Whats better than to have your viewers under constant fear of terrorist and coloured people.
edit on 12/16/2013 by luciddream because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 07:47 AM
link   
lol, the numbers tell a different story about who is neutralized, doesn't it?

s&f op.

edit on 31284912731am2013 by tsingtao because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 07:53 AM
link   

luciddream
lol someone is proud of FOX's viewership? lmao.

if you mean, dumb = proud, i guess go with it!

Whats better than to have your viewers under constant fear of terrorist and coloured people.

you know...sometimes it's embarrassing to be an old white guy...we art not all like what is depicted on FOX...misogynist, classist, and racist idiots, we all don't watch FOX
edit on 16-12-2013 by jimmyx because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 08:23 AM
link   

For Media Matters to declare victory is like Guam taking on the rest of the world and bragging about it.

Cute.

Take your victory, MM. You *laughing* earned it.

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 08:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

Reduced credibility means nothing if the majority of news watching Americans still watch and believe it.

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Kali74
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

The "victory" is not about decreasing FOX viewership, but decreasing their credibility which they did and rightly so.

How do you measure credibility?

It seems people willingly stack up every night to be lied to in higher numbers than any other cable news channels..combined.

No offense, but their credibility seems to be doing just fine among a literal majority of viewers. *I* don't agree and Fox is no better (or worse) than the others in my view. In some ways, they're more annoying for what they started as claiming to represent. Fair and Balanced is a twisted parody....but among news viewers? They take the top spot for news Americans tune to watch.

That says far more than their opposition can muster to argue the plain facts as they're measured in objective ways.

We can call that a credibility issue...somehow..but I tend to call it extreme wishful thinking among the side who would give anything to see those actual rating numbers, showing real living people making choices, indicate the opposite.

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

you know...sometimes it's embarrassing to be an old white guy...we art not all like what is depicted on FOX...misogynist, classist, and racist idiots, we all don't watch FOX

For what it's worth Jimmy - most people know that. I think. I hope

It's all about the freaking squeaky wheels of this world - in every category

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join