It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rivets Of The Earth

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 09:36 PM
link   
While researching something using Google Earth, I was admiring the undersea terrain (love all the valleys, seamounts, etc), when I came upon something that made me grin, and quickly thought of ATS, with all the threads on underwater "structures", etc that get posted on here, and thought: "Why not?"

So here is my very own "Strange Structure Under The Ocean" thread.

What I saw reminded me quickly of the seams in the hull of very old steam ships, that are riveted together:

I'm not talking about the lines we are seeing, as those are cause by the sonar data. No, I'm talking about the round objects that are in a line there:

They start at about 107 miles west off the coast of California, and stretch for about 43 miles. The Latitude and Longitude for these is:

N 35 deg 01' 07"
W 122 deg 58' 59"

There are a few more about 22 miles due south of these.

I have no idea what they are (collapsed underwater volcano craters?), and first thought it is just either an artifact from the sonar scan, or an artifact created by Google Earth itself:

The surrounding sea floor is at a depth of about 13,300 to 13,400 feet deep. If you move your cursor over them, the depth does go down some, and then in the center rises 100 to 300 feet for each one.

Most likely something natural that with a higher resolution scan we could see beter.....or Google Earth making interesting artifacts with it's rendering software.

Either way, I thought you folks here at ATS would enjoy speculating about it.

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 10:02 PM
link   
They riveted the 'Ring of Fire" together......

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Is it not a digital arty-fact?

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by eriktheawful

Wow those are intersting. They do look like little ancient volcanos. The way hotspot tend to drift its entirely possibble that a drifter caused these.

As for the rectanglar depression that they are set in... no idea. I find that paticular feature even more interesting. Perhaps you should name this since you found it.

How about gods ruler

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 10:27 PM
link   
I'm pretty sure the rectangle part is simply higher resolution sonar data. Indeed, if you look at the first picture I posted, you can see how it snakes back and forth, like a ship that is following a search grid (or a grid for underwater mapping).

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Sinkholes? Possibly along a buried fault line or methane pocket? Or ancient inactive black smokers?

Interesting structures none the less.

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 12:24 AM
link   
This would be an awesome title for a Steampunk novel.

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 02:23 AM
link   

If you're trying to compare the earth to a steam ship, then I wanna know if any lifeboats are present, because I'm jumping before we sink.

edit on 16-12-2013 by Zcustosmorum because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 02:36 AM
link   

If those aren't the result of digitial artifacts then the lines must be artificial made as thy are dead straight. In the top pic there is one straightline that then changes angle and continues on in another dead straight line.

Ufo base?

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 05:52 AM
link   
I'm more interested in the miniature death-star to the 4 o'clock position of your rivets... what's the deal with that thing? Dr. Evil's aquatic lair? The unblinking eye of Leviathan? The underwater rape colosseum of the dolphin people? The mind fairly boggles.

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Erik I am surprised you did not link us to your original data investigation?

Google Ocean is often in need of updating either due to incorrect input or incorrect GPS coordinates by cartographers or the data is not without error (again incorrect coordinates, missing data, etc). All things you are well aware of.

I am however thinking this is just a chain of extinct or active volcanoes near a subduction ridgeline or subduction zone given its location off the California coast. Just because they are in a straightish line means nothing in Geology straight lines are not unheard of especially in volcanic faults.

I am not an expert but I am interested in this just like you however as I believe there are many, many unsolved mysteries of our past under the oceans!

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by abeverage

Nothing to link to I'm afraid, as I'm not using the browser version of Google Earth, but the free standing version that you can download and install for free.

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Is this the same location?

If it is really interesting in the higher resolution...

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 01:17 PM
link   
It looks like all the circular impressions are the same dimensions as well as the raised circles in the middle. Interesting.

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 01:20 PM
link   

StoutBroux
It looks like all the circular impressions are the same dimensions as well as the raised circles in the middle. Interesting.

Same apparent size too which to me is either data corruption or a repeated pattern in the stitching of the image or....BA BA BUMmmm... Artificiality

Given the size, depth and location I am leaning toward one of the first two.

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 01:32 PM
link   

abeverage

You had the Lat and Long right, but when I clicked on the link it took me to just North of Hawaii (Aloha!), heheheehe.

Here, this link should work:

Link

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Adds a whole new twist to the saying 'This spaceship Earth'.

But yeah...undersea volcano string...the pressure makes them flat.

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 03:13 PM
link   

eriktheawful

abeverage

You had the Lat and Long right, but when I clicked on the link it took me to just North of Hawaii (Aloha!), heheheehe.

Here, this link should work:

Link

Now how hard was that?
lol

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Interesting! ...Maybe something left over from WW2? A warning system? Defence? Mines?

F&S

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 06:55 AM
link   
reply to post by soficrow

Mines as in those horrific implements of war that are prone to explode 50 years later when some unfortunate Vietnamese child is walking to school, or mines as in the underground quarries that unfortunate African children are sent into to extricate diamonds from so some hypocrite rapper can have some dope ice to wear while he raps about the man exploiting his people?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join