It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Millions of spiders in Australia

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 06:26 AM
link   
Shame people saying they never want to go to Australia because of this! I went for a month and I don't remember seeing any giants snakes or spiders. I remember a giant lizard jamming by the pathway, seeing some crocs, I even watched two different ant colonies have an all out war which was amazing... (For any aussies who can tell me what they were, there were big ones that shot silk from their abdomens and tiny ants that looked like the little ants we get in england)

100% recommend Australia at least once in your life.

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 06:32 AM
link   
reply to post by iRoyalty

Ahh! We have the ... CHOSEN ONE !!!

Ed: Prolly Bull Ants ... oh, can you hook me up with secret deals - 4th. dimension ?

( Dont get me wrong just amused - I loved my trip to the States in '05 cruising the Western Coast in an '05 drop top Stang !
Plus more ! )

Where in OZ did you spend your time ?

edit on 19-12-2013 by Timely because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 06:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Timely

All over man, started in sydney, drove up the coast in a camper to cairns (took a week!), then we flew to Uluru and finally flew on to perth! Most amazing month of my entire life. Stunning, talking about this is making me look at flights already hahaa

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Likewise - got married in a Vegas drive thru ! Did Monument Valley, Meteor crater, Yosemite etc ...

I'd go back in a heart beat ! Felt very much at home !!

Oh and I have done that trip, hope you took in Fraser Island and the Whitsunday's ?

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Timely

Don't worry, originally from SA, so I know all the bad stuff to avoid. Still cant stomach west end to this day, even Coopers doesn't really do it for me. So much for state pride...
Bit weird seeing Jacob's fritz in the supermarket again though.

We once had a nest of wasps in the corner of a house we lived in, big ugly mud thing it was, and us kids had no idea what it was, so naturally we were poking it with sticks. Only time I ever seen the old man literally lose it at us, and about the only time I've ever seen the "kill it with fire, lots of fire" actually get used in real life. One thing living here many people don't know is either keep a hand over a soft drink can or use a cup. Those buggers love climbing inside cans and then you have a drink. Bad day in 3, 2, 1....

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by markosity1973

No way ever! If I saw that I would never leave my house again!

My spider story:

Once when I was younger I stepped on a spider that was carrying babies on its back. I was instantly covered in HUNDREDS of baby spiders! It was awful. Ever since then I just shut down when spiders are involved.

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 01:57 AM
link   
the septic tanks think its weird that we have all these creatures.

I will tell you whats weird....driving home from Christmas shopping today in 41 degree heat and listening to "let it snow, let it snow" on the radio.

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 05:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Timely

No I didn't! I think I will now I've googled them, amazing! I went scuba diving on the great barrier reef though, that was an experience aha

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 05:29 AM
link   

bellagirl
the septic tanks think its weird that we have all these creatures.

I will tell you whats weird....driving home from Christmas shopping today in 41 degree heat and listening to "let it snow, let it snow" on the radio.

LOL. I was sitting in front of a fan with the poor mans version of aircon in front of it, being a large bowl of water with ice in it, blowing on me and that song came into my head for absolutely no reason. I thought I was going nuts

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 05:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

I hear you. I was sitting having a nice cold scotch and coke in the 35+ temp at 9pm listening to music max Christmas countdown and every song was about snow.

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 07:09 AM
link   
Some would see this as a blessing. All of that super strong silk.
I wrote a thread once regarding a cargo ship that was turned away from a port due to the massive infestation on board.
When the truth comes out........well I font know if thats the correct way to say it, but lets just say certain businesses should have already understood the benefit regarding spider web.
Im talking massive scale but hey.

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 07:22 AM
link   
reply to post by 74Templar

Drove the hay plains more times that I care to remember!
Ignored excellent advice and even did it at night - once!

( possible thread right there )

Loved the German influence - Schutzenfest etc. and Hahndorf is a must do.

I have not been there in at least 25yrs now !

( Eagle on the hill (RIP) was the only place to grab a beer on a Sunday - as long as you bought a feed ! )

I believe you can still ride "Popeye" lol.

And Adelaide oval ... Majestic !

Southern Vales !! Rundle Mall ! Port ! ( Oh wait, I don't have an affinity with AFL ! )

The only nasties I encounterd on my many sojourns to S.A. would have been ummm. I dunno - the accent ?

ie: Baw,Taw, as opposed to - Ball, Tall ... harsh - yes.

True ... Oh yeah !

I was told I sound " Posh " !

Just a scrappy Sydneysider here.

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Do it now.

We did a bareback charter on a 36ft. flybridge cruiser for a week.
I fair dinkum felt too guilty to fish - even though I packed my gear and was keen as when we set off.

Snorkeled off our boat and had all types of fish follow me back to the boat.

Just fed them ... Did not want to fish for them anymore !

Ended up feeding them - tomatoes, lettuce, monte carlo biscuits - all taken from hand !

A very special place to find yourself in - if you aim up .

( I have found a place on the East coast that is the closest that we have found to emulate the best of our East coast scour - read Whitsundays - Frazer - cheering ! )

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by alienjuggalo

The only way to solve that problem.

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 11:13 AM
link   

bellagirl
reply to post by DeadSeraph

lol the spider in your picture is harmless. we all have those in our houses.

I would die!!! OMG if I had THAT in my house, no way. I am terrified of spiders, like to the point I"ll cry and shake when one comes near me. If I saw one this big I'd die. lol

its more scary when you are in your car and one pops out.

Oh that it is! I had one just last week jump in my lap when i put down the sun visor in the car. Wasn't a huntsman but still a SPIDER jumped on me!~ I freaked out lol I was in a parking lot thank god so I just stopped and flailed around til it disappeared. lol

Just two days later I had one in my milk too...just opened the milk too, so it came like that.

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Speaking of spiders webs, I was just about to go out and light them up with fly spray and a cigarette lighter lol

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Man that fly spray is to wet these days I need more gas!
Torched em anyway

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Just found this one. Sums it up pretty well....

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join