It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Millions of spiders in Australia

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by restlessinMT

Cool! ...I don't think I'd like dozens of spiders crawling all over me but I do let them share my home. Never kill spiders, have NEVER had bedbugs. Coincidence? I think not.

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 06:13 PM
link   
"Is it on me? I feel like it's on me!"

~Joey Tribiani, Friends

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 06:25 PM
link   
That being said, and being reminded of all the ways to die in the outback, be it bites or fright, I have decided that I am simply not badass enough to venture down under. Warning bells tend to go off when everything in nature want to sting me, bite me, maul me, scare me, etc. Nuts to that!

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 06:31 PM
link   
So, how far to the north will I have to go to never meet a spider again? I can deal with the cold, but not those bloody things!

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by soficrow

Cool! ...I don't think I'd like dozens of spiders crawling all over me but I do let them share my home. Never kill spiders, have NEVER had bedbugs. Coincidence? I think not.

Cool. I share my house with spiders. Never had a girlfriend! Coincidence? I think not.

Just how many people do you know that have actually had bed bugs?

The fact that you may be able to use logic is just coincidence.

Sorry, could not resist. The fact that you have never had bed bugs has more to do with being clean, having showers regularly, bug sprays and washing your bedclothes and such like.

P

edit on 17/12/2013 by pheonix358 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Marsupilami

LOL, north is where the really badass stuff is here. Lets see...

Taipans
Crocodiles
Stonefish
Man O'wars (badass jellyfish)
Irkujandi (small but equally deadly jellyfish)
Funnel Webs
Monitors (Goannas)
Bird-Eating spiders

South is safer. Just a little though....

Redback spiders
White-tail spiders
Huntsmans (not deadly but big, hairy and scary)
Great White sharks
Stingrays
Blue bottle jellyfish
Blue ringed octopus
King brown snakes
Copperhead snakes
Red-bellied black snakes

You get the idea...

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by 74Templar

Speaking of King Brown Snakes, I shot the head off one yesterday that was looking to make it's home in our woodpile in the backyard...

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 02:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

Umm. Prolly shouldn't mention that ... ( protected species = no blowing off of heads ) maybe National parks and Wildlife can come get 'em in future.
Of course this time was a matter of defence of people or pets - yeah ?

My Dad had a stud in the central west - we too had some accidental deaths by tire, as well as some self defense of ourselves or animal in our care.

How did your mob survive the fires ?

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 02:46 AM
link   

Timely
reply to post by Kryties

Umm. Prolly shouldn't mention that ... ( protected species = no blowing off of heads ) maybe National parks and Wildlife can come get 'em in future.
Of course this time was a matter of defence of people or pets - yeah ?

10 feet from my back door and my cat was trying to get to it, so yeah...self defense lol.

Not that it matters out here in the country, most of the neighbours I know do the same thing so nobody really cares. Better off dead than threatening ours and our pets lives.

My Dad had a stud in the central west - we too had some accidental deaths by tire, as well as some self defense of ourselves or animal in our care.

How did your mob survive the fires ?

Actually we are seeing a lot more nasties that were driven out by the Blue Mountains fires, while they were happening we were plagued by all sorts of insects I had no idea even existed and I have seen many more snakes and spiders than usual. They'll all move back once the areas start to regrow but for now they seem to all be in survival mode.
edit on 18/12/2013 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 03:00 AM
link   
Had to.... Come to Australia

and then there's...Australia for tourists

Ro

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 03:46 AM
link   

Rosha
Had to.... Come to Australia

and then there's...Australia for tourists

Fixed for you because they are well worth watching lol...

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 04:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

Yeah, I have helped fight bush fires and am always amazed at the enemies gathered around the dam/waterhole that we filled up from.
The natural sworn enemies - just ignore one another for the duration ...

Having said that - the animal casualties are always tough !

Lobby council for annual fire hazard reduction . ( Glad you pulled up OK ! )

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 04:50 AM
link   

Timely
reply to post by Kryties

Lobby council for annual fire hazard reduction .

Something tells me that, as opposed to all the other times we have tried to get backburning done, this time they might listen lol!

( Glad you pulled up OK ! )

I forgot to mention we pulled through OK hehe. Being down in the Kanimbla Valley and looking up at the entire mountains ridgeline being on fire was a little disconcerting to say the least - we spent a week ready to evacuate at a moments notice. One good thing to come from it is that we realised how unprepared we were and are now taking measures to make sure we are prepared next time.

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 04:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

Yes Mate - only your dry-cleaners would get the full impact of that nightmare !

Ed: It is part of life in the Aussie bush - or even Canberra'n suburbs

There are numerous natural occurrences for this.

My wrath lies with the oxygen depleting, scum sucking filth - that causes this - with mirth.

edit on 18-12-2013 by Timely because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by pheonix358

Cool. I share my house with spiders. Never had a girlfriend! Coincidence? I think not.

Me neither.

The fact that you have never had bed bugs has more to do with being clean, having showers regularly, bug sprays and washing your bedclothes and such like.

Not joking now - bedbugs have NOTHING to do with cleanliness - and everything to do with exposure. They're everywhere - the little suckers are amazing survivors and propagate really rapidly. Also, I never use bug sprays of any kind. Use lemon balm in the garden, rub leaves on my skin when mosquitoes are out. Works. ...Spiders are bedbug predators. I'm not the kind of woman with no interests beyond dusting, vacuuming and housecleaning but do try to stay mostly on top of things. Maybe I'm just lucky. Or it could be the spiders.

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 12:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

thank you

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 01:36 AM
link   

Not north of Australia, north-north. I was thinking maybe Greenland, or even the Pole.

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 04:24 AM
link   

The south has its share of hazardous natives too like monster tiger snakes that luckily keep to themselves unless disturbed and cornered. I have aggressive ants in the yard that are responsible for more fatalities than the tiger snakes - they're called Jack Jumpers and they have a deadly sting if you're unlucky enough to be allergic (I'm not but 1 sting can still ruin your day). And lots of mostly harmless spiders like the fabled Huntsman plus scorpions that are painfull but non-fatal.

And many more fascinating critters. You learn how to live with them after all, we're the intruders in their real estate.

edit on 19/12/2013 by Pilgrum because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 04:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Pilgrum

Oh I know, I've lived in both ends of the country. Funny thing is, you rarely think about it, because living with all this deadly stuff is just knowledge and common sense really, much like anywhere in the world.

In SA on holidays at the moment, given the nearly 40 degree weather here today I was surprised I didn't see any snakes. Did see a sleepy lizard in the backyard, he looked pretty happy.

Edit: I was bitten on the foot by an inch ant as a kid. Very very painful. Where I am from they have fire ants, only small but very aggressive and swarm like buggery.
edit on 19/12/2013 by 74Templar because: eta

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 06:17 AM
link   

Steer clear of the Southwark !

Seek out the Coopers ... Grasshopper !

Ed: For the record - I do leave big ugly spiders; to do their thing. Ie. Negate inferior ( read annoying ) insects,
to their naturally selected place in the food chain.

Hate the web dance ! But enjoy the natural insecticide !!

Can I interest you in some cheap - European Wasps ! ??

edit on 19-12-2013 by Timely because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join