It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Millions of spiders in Australia

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 09:44 PM
link   
OMG ! I am never going to Australia. I mean I have always really wanted too.... but the spiders! We have all seen the photos and know they are everywhere.

On another note, this last Summer here in Montana, my family and I came across some of the biggest wolf spiders I have ever seen in my life. Two found in the garage and one in the bathroom while trying to get the kids ready for school. I did not need much coffee that morning I tell you. I'm surprised the cops did not show up from 4 people screaming! These suckers where bigger than my hand. I thought the one in the bathroom was fake it was so big... until it started scurrying for cover. I trapped it in a big mayo jar and the legs still did not fit all the way. I had my son go put it way out in the field below us.

Good grief how many others are lurking around! I have the creepy crawlies now!

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 09:45 PM
link   

bellagirl
reply to post by DeadSeraph

lol the spider in your picture is harmless. we all have those in our houses. there called a huntsman spider. its more scary when you are in your car and one pops out.

Yeah, I wouldn't call them 'harmless' - not poisonous yes, but I've been bit by one that jumped on my head and it friggin hurt!

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 09:47 PM
link   
I had thousands of spiders guarding my woodpile so the bugs didn't eat the wood. There were no worms in it, but I was knocking a couple of spiders off almost every piece of wood as I was putting it in the wheelbarrow. Wolf spiders, not many webs. I didn't get bit at all. Spiders are my friends.

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 09:47 PM
link   

bkaust

bellagirl
reply to post by DeadSeraph

lol the spider in your picture is harmless. we all have those in our houses. there called a huntsman spider. its more scary when you are in your car and one pops out.

Yeah, I wouldn't call them 'harmless' - not poisonous yes, but I've been bit by one that jumped on my head and it friggin hurt!

I might be wrong but I think all spiders are at least a little poisonous.

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

Spiders are my friends

You can have them.

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by alienjuggalo

I'm not sure what they have in them, what I mean by that is, there is no need to go and get it looked at if you have been bit. I was in high school at the time, I just washed it, and went to my next class. Swelled a small amount and stung, then itched, kind of like a wasp bite would. Hate the ####ers. Not the first time I've had them land on my head. (the one that bit, I didn't know what was on my head, so brushed it off with my hand and it bit the palm part under my pinkie finger)

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 09:55 PM
link   

So this amount of spiders is normal but the flood
waters have them worked up at the moment right ?

And if you go out you could be covered in spiders ?
Right ?

Burn it. Burn it all not at the same time but at once.
As in not now but right now. Burn the whole damn continent.
Send napalm.

Everyone move to one side of the country. Burn and rinse
Then everybody to the other side. Burn and rinse as needed.

Good God that's Biblical!
edit on 15-12-2013 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by bkaust

I was bit by a fiddleback when I was younger. It rotted a hole in my hand the size of a silver dollar.

Probably where my phobia came from.

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 09:56 PM
link   

markosity1973
When it flooded in victoria back in 2011, I also saw this phenomena in Hamilton.

The uber creepy part that these pictures don't show is them dropping out of the sky. When we were there, there were literally millions of tiny gossamer threads raining down from above, each with a baby spider at the end of it.

By the time we made it back to Adelaide our car was covered in the stuff and baby black spiders kept coming out of crevices and freaking us out for weeks afterwards.

WHY IN GOD'S NAME WOULD YOU SAY THIS? Ignorance is a bliss, I did not need to know it literally rains spiders in Oz

NevergoingtoAustralia. Nope. Never. Never ever.

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by markosity1973

O hell NO!!! Dropping from the sky??????!!!!!!!! As another poster stated, I too would MOVE! I have a suspicion my phobia developed cause my brother used to chase me with them as children! I'm terrified....

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Australia seems to have the baddest of the bad when it comes to bugs anyhow. A spider is nothing but a tiny Monster in my opinion. I have no use for them period.

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 10:32 PM
link   

bellagirl
reply to post by Agit8dChop

that's the Botanic Gardens.

I think its a st Andrews cross spider. I many of these in my yard and they spin a beautiful cross in their web.

I think you're mistaken; I'm pretty sure it's the 'Aracinagroosadisgusta' spider.
Actually, I'm positive it is.
edit on 70000001010America/Chicago311 by nugget1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by j.r.c.b.

Haha,

I have had a hunt through my photo collection and here are 4 that I took myself of it. The ones of the sky you have to look at for a little while, but all those whispy white threads are what I was talking about. Unfortunately the camera lens did not really capture them as well as the naked eye did.

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 11:01 PM
link   
After looking at the pictures in the OP, I'm now running around the house like this:

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 11:20 PM
link   

randyvs

So this amount of spiders is normal but the flood
waters have them worked up at the moment right ?

And if you go out you could be covered in spiders ?
Right ?

Burn it. Burn it all not at the same time but at once.
As in not now but right now. Burn the whole damn continent.
Send napalm.

Everyone move to one side of the country. Burn and rinse
Then everybody to the other side. Burn and rinse as needed.

Good God that's Biblical!
edit on 15-12-2013 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

Bloody Yanks. Always with the way over kill.

Listen, all you need id a can of bug spray and a lighter. If the are small, just use the spray. If it is really big or is immune to the spray, yea some are, then still use the spray but use the lighter as well. Makes a good little flamethrower.

You really don't need military hardware. Hell, we just just thongs. No not those thongs, you would call them flip flops because you can't spell thongs. Well, you can't spell thongs without getting all hot and bothered.

Just joking folks.

P

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 11:26 PM
link   

alienjuggalo
reply to post by bkaust

I was bit by a fiddleback when I was younger. It rotted a hole in my hand the size of a silver dollar.

Probably where my phobia came from.

Can't blame you - my cousin was bit in the early 90s by I think it was a white tailed spider and she had rotted holes in her thighs and under her arms. Looked pretty gross! I hate them all with a passion, except for the teeny tiny money spiders - actually I don't mind a lot - it's the ones with hair that freak me out.

One time we had a big fat hairy spider infestation in our Jeep Patriot (It was 6 months old at the time) I am ashamed to admit I jumped out of the car and left my husband and then 10 month old in the car to fend for themselves. The other week I had a huntsman crawl across my dash while doing 100km on the highway - had to block it out and pretend it wasn't there so we wouldn't crash! That car is a bloody spider magnet!

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 11:31 PM
link   
A one word response should be okay for this: "Noooope!"

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 11:32 PM
link   
I thought we in AZ had some nasties, but I will take this over that ANY DAY!!

All spiders carry a venom. Most spiders teeth can not break the skin.
Daddy long legs are the most poisonous spider on earth, but the teeth are to small to bit human skin( though I will still avoid, as I would be unlucky to get one with a genetic defect with large teeth LOL )

I have been Bit by a brown recluse, black widow, and stung 7 times by scorpions, but I am still here.

The spiders in Ausie can take you out !! LOL As much I bugs like to bite me, think I will stay here. LOL

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Hahaha! Literally the first thing I thought of when I saw the thread title. Just blow-torch 'em!

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 12:54 AM
link   
reply to post by pheonix358

You really don't need military hardware. Hell, we just just thongs. No not those thongs, you would call them flip flops because you can't spell thongs. Well, you can't spell thongs without getting all hot and bothered.

Are you accusing me of over kill? You are, I mean you did right?
Alright fine, you people down there still think you can thong your
way out of this? Even tho you've only dropped the ball to this
point?

And at the risk of seeing the problem become even more perilous.
I suppose the world can afford you twenty four more hours, to employ
your thong think. And try to expedite the arachnids with your stinky
thongs. Maybe drive them into the sea.

But I warn you Phoenix, us yanks up here will be closely monitering the
situation. And at any time, if we see this problem threaten to make it's
way in to the shipping lanes and infect the rest of the globe ? We yanks
will just have to save the world again. And you know what that means?

The time for half measures and talk will be past. But we wish you
luck Phoenix. And as always the U.S will disavow any knowledge
of your existence and your actions. This message will self distruct
in five seconds. One tango niner out.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join