It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Millions of spiders in Australia

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 08:23 PM
link   

A town in Australia was invaded by spiders trying escape flood waters. I have a bit of a spider phobia so this might be the scariest thing I have ever seen, so obviously I had to share. This happened back in 2012 but it looks like the story and pictures are new.

Locals said just walking around outside you would get tons of spiders crawling on you.

Local residents said just walking around was tough to do without tons of spiders crawling up their legs, attempting to get to higher ground

I would probably have to move.

enpundit.com...
A lot more pictures at the link.

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 08:27 PM
link   
ok I'm never sleepin again!!!

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by alienjuggalo

*ahem*

Ew.

EWEWEWEWEWEWEWEWEWEWEWEW

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

*spiders*

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 08:31 PM
link   
need more thongs mate!
*splat*

sometimes this country terrifies me (:

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Why did I click on this damn thread.

Why did I click on this damn thread.

Why why why ?!

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Do you have any idea how many members have a fear of spiders?

I Do...

Check this out.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Peace
edit on 15-12-2013 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 08:36 PM
link   
When it flooded in victoria back in 2011, I also saw this phenomena in Hamilton.

The uber creepy part that these pictures don't show is them dropping out of the sky. When we were there, there were literally millions of tiny gossamer threads raining down from above, each with a baby spider at the end of it.

By the time we made it back to Adelaide our car was covered in the stuff and baby black spiders kept coming out of crevices and freaking us out for weeks afterwards.

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 08:36 PM
link   

jude11

I Do...

Check this out.

Peace

Your link takes me to the homepage. Has this already been posted?

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 08:40 PM
link   
They need to call John Goodman.

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by alienjuggalo

I hope it is not that poisonous one they have over there. Oh that just makes your skin crawl lol...

I hate spiders, when I was a boy my dad's friend died from brown recluse. Guess he was real allergic and went septic, it was bad. He lost his leg and then died couple days later.

We have allot of those here, I been hating spiders ever since.

The Bot

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Whoever doesn't have a fear of spiders, I dare you to visit there. A million backs says you'll come back with arachnephobia. I know I would! I feel pretty bad for the people who have to live through this. Thanks for sharing.

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 08:50 PM
link   
my daughter was complaining last week there was a spider living in her window sill. I couldn't kill it because it was going in the gap between the wood and brickwork. then she comes out yesterday yelling "that bloody spider has had babies and there everywhere". sure enough the babies were everywhere.

so I sprayed them and then went out the backyard to the clothesline doing my check for brown snakes as im walking along. on a sad note though my neighbour lost his beloved greyhound the other day to a red belly black snake bite.

what a bloody country.

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Just one more reason in a long list of reasons why I never want to visit Australia. This is also one of them:

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by DeadSeraph

lol the spider in your picture is harmless. we all have those in our houses. there called a huntsman spider. its more scary when you are in your car and one pops out.

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 08:58 PM
link   

alienjuggalo

jude11

I Do...

Check this out.

Peace

Your link takes me to the homepage. Has this already been posted?

Sorry...

Fixed it.

Peace

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Eeek, if it walks scurries, slithers, swims or flies then Australia has a crazy over the top killer version of it. Seriously would anyone miss Australia if we nuked it?

Hmmm , thinking about it then they would probably have radioactive killer spiders , snakes, jellyfish, ants, shark's..etc etc

edit on 15-12-2013 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by DeadSeraph

Those spiders catch flies, we have a lot of flies in Australia so we need a lot of spiders. We have a hairy huntsman nicknamed Brutus in our laundry/ toilet. Harmless, unless your a fly

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Ack! Nothing worse than taking a walk and going through a web you didn't see. That looks like a nasty place to be. No way to avoid those.

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 09:15 PM
link   
I feel it is my opportunity to stoke some fear!

Spiders in Australia.. has anyone been to Sydney?
Do you remember going to the opera house, looking east and seeing a large park right nxt to the CBD?

I think many spider fearing tourists would never walk down those beautifully manicured gardens if they knew what lay in the bushes above and beside.. all around them!

They're everywhere.. i took these photos in about the space of 20m along the pathways.. large spiders some larger than iphones!
edit on 15-12-2013 by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-12-2013 by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

that's the Botanic Gardens.

I think its a st Andrews cross spider. I many of these in my yard and they spin a beautiful cross in their web.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join