It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will the China Lunar Moon Rover find any life form evidence?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by OccamsRazor04

Yes, NASA and only NASA have been to the moon....

It'd be nice to have a fresh take by an outside party, results need to be repeated, criticized, and rewritten for the sake of science itself.

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 04:49 PM
link   
No the moon is a dead rock with no liquid water or atmosphrere.

You have more chance of finding life in congress, and i peg that as near zero chance.

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Hijinx

Yes, NASA and only NASA have been to the moon....

It'd be nice to have a fresh take by an outside party, results need to be repeated, criticized, and rewritten for the sake of science itself.

Your post is meaningless and has nothing to do with what I said. The person I replied to claimed we must RELY on China because NASA abandoned the moon. I was proving that NASA did not abandon the moon, and that claiming we must rely on China is an outright lie.

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 07:20 PM
link   

deprogrammer
I am hopeful that China`s Jade Rabbit Lunar Rover mission
will find some artifacts of life or previous life on the Moon.

Why such a Moon mission has taken 39 years is beyond belief.

I hope China can solve many mysteries on the Moon enigma.

Are you optimistic of such an event of revelation?

edit on 15-12-2013 by deprogrammer because: (no reason given)

No. This is a political mission designed to 'prove' China's advance science.

It will not help mankind in discovering any useful knowledge.

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 07:22 PM
link   

crazyewok
No the moon is a dead rock with no liquid water or atmosphrere.

You have more chance of finding life in congress, and i peg that as near zero chance.

False. There is life in Congress. It simply is not intelligent.

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Well, I do not think we have to rely on china but I do thinks it's important.

The US is the only one to have set foot on the moon, yes various probes from various nations have been to the moon, but no other man has set foot on the moon, nor has the moon really been given much thought since the early lunar missions.

I understand it is not exciting for some, nor does it hold any key to life in the universe but it is a key into better understanding both the moon and the Earth. There are plenty of theories as to how the moon was formed or where it came from. It would be nice to know for sure.

The moon plays a pretty significant part for life, as well as for the sustainability of life on our planet. It'd be interesting to learn more about the relationship between Earth and her moon, so we could maybe find signatures to look for with other planets that may harbor life.

The moon influences our oceans,it has some seismic influence,it influences our winds, guides some migratory animals and insects. It plays a bigger role than most average people acknowledge. With out it Earth would be a very different place.

NASA seems to have lost interest with the moon for the most part. Now and then I hear about " thoughts" of missions, but they often get scrapped or never become more than a proposal. The lunar surface holds various minerals and could be mined, most importantly helium 3 for it's potential as fusion fuel.

If China would like to continue exploring the moon, as the other poster said, we will have to rely on them for finding these things out.

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 09:05 PM
link   
high resolution, high definition, multiple data storage units, state of the art imaging in all spectrums, frequency monitoring, element anyalisys, lithium ion driven motors with AWD,ground penetrating radar, IR cameras @ 360 degrees, the list goes on and on.....mostly funded with american dollars exchanged for what is now in american landfills....completely pathetic....look at this for what it really is, we get the junk, and they kick our ass with our own money...but whatever they find, we will get the soft stuff rubbed in our wal-mart cleansed faces, the hard stuff we will never know....

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by teslahowitzer

Moon is not the place to go.

Moon has minerals but extracting those minerals is prohibitively expensive.

Moon does have use as a "transmitting station base" if an ET race wants such, but not for living.

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Hijinx

Well, I do not think we have to rely on china but I do thinks it's important.

If China would like to continue exploring the moon, as the other poster said, we will have to rely on them for finding these things out.

So we don't have to rely on China ... but we have to rely on China?

Makes no sense. As I said, no nation has sent as many missions to the Moon as the US has in the past 15 years.

NASA did not abandon the moon, that is a flat out lie.

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 09:57 PM
link   
There have been some arguments about mining the moon for fuels or water to be used there or nearby. Transporting things from the moon to Earth is prohibitively expensive. THe US under the Bush administration flirted with building a base on the moon. I'm not sure where the moon missions went, but maybe China is trying to say "Hey, we want a base too!" The US and the USSR played that game.

The problem with all this is it's expensive. How is it economic? Humanity needs an economic reason to be in space for anything to really get going.

Why would we want a base on the moon? That's something we need to explore. Maybe humans in the future will wonder how we lived without a moon base?

It needs incentive.
edit on 16-12-2013 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by jonnywhite

Yes, you are right.

Humans are needed for any moon base to function.

Humans need air and water to survive.

Creating an artificial atmosphere in an enclosure is not as easy as it sounds. Gases escape easily, and gases need to be generated continuously to maintain pressure.

Thousands of tons of equipment will need to be transported from earth to the moon to start a base.

The payoff is not commensurate with the expense.

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 07:41 AM
link   

GargIndia
reply to post by jonnywhite

Yes, you are right.

Humans are needed for any moon base to function.

Humans need air and water to survive.

Creating an artificial atmosphere in an enclosure is not as easy as it sounds. Gases escape easily, and gases need to be generated continuously to maintain pressure.

Thousands of tons of equipment will need to be transported from earth to the moon to start a base.

The payoff is not commensurate with the expense.

Saw somewhere where they were developing inflatable lunar habitats. I believe they were to be covered with lunar soil once inflated for radiation protection.

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 07:46 AM
link   
I have a question, is it not possible that another country can get the info out of those rovers or are their signals decoded or some kind...

Thank in advandce

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 07:50 AM
link   
reply to post by draknoir2

You can build with lunar soil, or you can dig; either way you need heavy machinery.

Moon does not hold atmosphere due to its low gravity. Whatever habitat you build, overground or underground, will have escapes and doors, so gases will leak.

This creates a need to generate gases constantly.

A martial colony is far more feasible compared to moon.

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 09:19 AM
link   

GargIndia

You can build with lunar soil, or you can dig; either way you need heavy machinery.

Moon does not hold atmosphere due to its low gravity. Whatever habitat you build, overground or underground, will have escapes and doors, so gases will leak.

This creates a need to generate gases constantly.

A martial colony is far more feasible compared to moon.

The same problems would exist on Mars where atmosphere is concerned, with the added problems posed by sheer distance. Just as much gear has to go much further and actually make it safely to the surface within a narrow window of time. The Moon's always a few days away.

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Escaping earth's gravity is bigger issue than the distance.

Once you have escaped earth, you dont need much greater energy to go to Mars as compared to moon.

Mars has CO2 and water in ice form, which can be processed far more easily into required gases compared to moon soil.

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Blue Shift
Some lunar probe might eventually find some remains of life. Not fossils, because things can't fossilize on the Moon, but actually bits of organic cellular material. Then it will be determined to have been blasted up to the Moon as a result of a large meteorite impact on Earth.

This idea has been gaining strength in recent decades, and has become no longer "impossible", just "very difficult". The possibility of Martian rocks containing biological materials being blasted free [through entrainment of debris in a fluid 'spurt' from a very low-angle impact], drifting in space, and then hitting Earth's atmosphere and surviving to reach the surface partially intact, is now commonly accepted. Earth to Mars is a lot harder since Earth's gravity is so much greater. Mars to its OWN moons Phobos and Deimos, where Martian fossils might be retrieved in the dirt on the small -- and much more accessible -- nearby moonlets is exciting, since the ejection speeds to throw rocks that high are a lot slower [so a lot more frequently achieved by random impacts] so the impact speed on the moonlets is, for a rock' 'survivable.

But the problem on the Moon is that to reach that far from Earth, the launched earthrock would need a lot more speed, and would speed up even more falling into the Moon's own 'gravity well'. The result is an impact uncushioned by atmosphere, right smack onto the moon's surface. Calculations indicate that the energy of such a crash would vaporize the rock.

But maybe there were accidental ways around that problem. We need to go look and check.

Still, world-to-world exchange of rocks, including rocks with biological materials in them, IS a concept gaining ground.

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 05:29 AM
link   

jonnywhite
There have been some arguments about mining the moon for fuels or water to be used there or nearby. Transporting things from the moon to Earth is prohibitively expensive. THe US under the Bush administration flirted with building a base on the moon. I'm not sure where the moon missions went, but maybe China is trying to say "Hey, we want a base too!" The US and the USSR played that game.

The problem with all this is it's expensive. How is it economic? Humanity needs an economic reason to be in space for anything to really get going.

Why would we want a base on the moon? That's something we need to explore. Maybe humans in the future will wonder how we lived without a moon base?

It needs incentive.
edit on 16-12-2013 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

Its not prohibtively expensive of you use nuclear propulsion.

Infact it would be dirt cheap.

Chem rockets have been oboslete a long time its just our goverments dont have the back bone to do it right.

<< 1   >>

join