It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will the China Lunar Moon Rover find any life form evidence?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 07:30 PM
link   
I am hopeful that China`s Jade Rabbit Lunar Rover mission
will find some artifacts of life or previous life on the Moon.

Why such a Moon mission has taken 39 years is beyond belief.

I hope China can solve many mysteries on the Moon enigma.

Are you optimistic of such an event of revelation?

edit on 15-12-2013 by deprogrammer because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by deprogrammer

do you reckon the Chinese have gone looking for there mythical creator goddess ? who would have guessed her family problems were on the moon

madeoutofsandBox
edit on 15-12-2013 by funbox because: wolves unexpetedly docked at the mare

edit on 15-12-2013 by funbox because: they had arrived

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 07:46 PM
link   
If you want to find 'weird' in this mission, consider this: when the Apollo-11 astronauts were on the moon in 1969, they were laughingly warned to watch out for Chang-E -- the name of THIS probe -- and her rabbit companion, who the rover is now named after. Who'd-uh thunk it?

Check out the Apollo 11 Flight Journal Day 5 at MET 095:17:28 history.nasa.gov... .

095:17:28 Ron Evans: Roger. Among the large headlines concerning Apollo this morning, is one asking that you watch for a lovely girl with a big rabbit. An ancient legend says a beautiful Chinese girl called Chang-O has been living there for 4,000 years. It seems she was banished to the Moon because she stole the pill of immortality from her husband. You might also look for her companion, a large Chinese rabbit, who is easy to spot since he is always standing on his hind feet in the shade of a cinnamon tree. The name of the rabbit is not reported.

[Chang-O is also spelled Ch'ang O and, in the more modern rendition, Chang'e.]
[hat tip to “”Nick]

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 08:00 PM
link   

deprogrammer

China will share data with the western world in the same proportion that Apollo moon rocks were shared with China. And that's probably a few ounces, at most.

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by JimOberg

Now that was an interesting tidbit, Jim. "Who'd-uh thunk it? " is right. lol.

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by funbox

I`m optimistic that the China Lunar Moon mission 2013
will reveal some ancient artifacts or evidence of life.

What harm does optimism do? The China Moon Mission 2013?

What harm is showing your optimism and mission enthusiasm?

39 years onwards and we cant have ambition of new evidence?

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 08:51 PM
link   

On the assumption that other devices were sent to the moon previously how will the Chinese maintain 24/7 communications with their rover? When the Americans had stuff rolling around up there they had stations placed all over the world listening in. How will the Chinese accomplish this task? A network of satellites? Floating groundstations placed on ships? Using the facilities of other countries?

I am not say conspiracy, just asking from a technical perspective.

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Rob37n

On the assumption that other devices were sent to the moon previously how will the Chinese maintain 24/7 communications with their rover? When the Americans had stuff rolling around up there they had stations placed all over the world listening in. How will the Chinese accomplish this task? A network of satellites? Floating groundstations placed on ships? Using the facilities of other countries?

I am not say conspiracy, just asking from a technical perspective.

China is a pretty large country compared to the US in geographic terms. It has listening stations across it as well as a network of communications satellites for use in its space program which I am sure Mr. Oberg can tell you more about.

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 08:59 PM
link   

deprogrammer

Moon enigma? What moon enigma?

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 09:11 PM
link   

And don't forget: when they fail to release pictures that affirm your personal beliefs, they were clearly "in on it" with NASA.

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 09:29 PM
link   
On the moon ? Probably not. Silly there's no life on the moon and this mission is unmanned.

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 09:48 PM
link   

DJW001

And don't forget: when they fail to release pictures that affirm your personal beliefs, they were clearly "in on it" with NASA.

My personal beliefs are hope with new technology / discovery.

But it not about my personal beliefs agenda. NASA do not return
to the Moon on any modern ambition venture and China send a robot lunar unmanned mission in 2013. Nearly 40 years of alleged space Lunar mission travel episodes. Wow!

China landed a Moon Rover in 2013 - USA Man on the Moon 1969.

Why can man (Nasa) land on the Moon in 1969?

And yet we are now reliant on unmanned Lunar Rovers - China?

It does not make sense. 12 inch black and White TVs rare 1969.

and mankind landing on the moon. Something is wrong here.

2013. A 90 inch HD TV technology. Satellite technology.
and we rely on China to investigate the Moon with a Rover.

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 10:47 PM
link   

deprogrammer 2013. A 90 inch HD TV technology. Satellite technology.
and we rely on China to investigate the Moon with a Rover.

Who is relying on China? NASA has had 5 missions to the Moon in the past 15 years. China is late to the party, no one is relying on them for anything.

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 04:10 AM
link   
I think the simple reason moon exploration was abandoned is because in all of the trips and scientific missions there, and lets not forget, there have been a *lot* of moon missions:

en.wikipedia.org...

We've pretty much learnt all there is to learn about the moon, at least on a cost-to-outcome basis.

What else is there that the Chinese are likely to learn? To be honest I think their mission now is more about making a political statement than pursuing any particularly valuable scientific goal.

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 05:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Painterz

If you look at that link unless I'm missing something, all of those missions are on the near side, and none are on the far side. I'm sure conspiracy theorists could say the far side would be a better place to hide alien or even human bases from our view, but I'm sure the more practical reason is communication. Until someone puts a communication satellite in orbit around the moon to relay signals from the far side, a mission on the far side would have difficulty communicating with Earth.

Aside from the conspiracy theory angle, the far side looks completely different than the near side, so there could be scientific reasons to explore the far side, and help explain why the moon is so lopsided. There are already theories about this, but it would be nice to confirm or refine them.

I think there's still quite a lot to learn about the moon, but with limited funds NASA has to make choices about where to send missions. Mars is more interesting to me as well as apparently to NASA, so I think they made the right decision to divert resources to Mars exploration instead of the moon.

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 06:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Painterz

We've pretty much learnt all there is to learn about the moon

wow...

Well good for you my good man. You should start teaching somewhere...

...all there is....(shakes head in disbelief)....

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 01:44 PM
link   

deprogrammer

edit on 15-12-2013 by deprogrammer because: (no reason given)

Why exactly do you find it beyond beief? What is the cost/benefit ratio you would put on the table for any investors?

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 01:56 PM
link   

The mission may well find evidence...the question then becomes one of whether or not the Chinese would reveal that evidence to the world.

I'd imagine they'd use it to blackmail the USA before they'd consider just letting the cat out of the bag.

But i hope i'm wrong about that.

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 02:19 PM
link   

AutumnWitch657
On the moon ? Probably not. Silly there's no life on the moon and this mission is unmanned.

Some lunar probe might eventually find some remains of life. Not fossils, because things can't fossilize on the Moon, but actually bits of organic cellular material. Then it will be determined to have been blasted up to the Moon as a result of a large meteorite impact on Earth.

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Blue Shift

I hope they also have the samples of all the astronaut's dna, those that went to the moon , otherwise they'll be using astronaut excrementa as a reason for organic detection too

funBox

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join