It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is an "old soul"?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Hey Beez!
I have a buddy who's daughter falls into that category. I've said it, her dad says it, even her grandfather.
I remember an occasion where we were all out doing some shooting and she spouted-off something that made her grandpa turn and say "Wow - you are old"...
She's 10 now, I remember when she was 5 and I called her an 'old soul'.
She turned to me and said "Yeah I know, you're born and then you die - then you're born and then you die - then you're born and then you die"...
Mouth Wide Open...

ETA: Not only did my jaw drop, but her dad's did as well. Neither he nor her mother would teach her that sort of stuff and she darn sure didn't learn it in church. I'm pretty sure that it came from her asking her mom "Why does everyone call me an old soul and what does it mean?"
The most amazing part was that at 5 years old, she had it perfectly conceptualized and treated it very matter-of-fact.
Truly older than her years.
edit on 15-12-2013 by sageturkey because: Add

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 07:40 PM
link   

beezzer
reply to post by Klassified

We just want to encourage and let him grow.

We tender morality, ethics, love and respect.

I believe that is the foundation of an "old soul" ....many people don't have that foundation and grow to be off path, or broken. Please continue to foster these ideals. you can grow up believing in humanity and believing in the world, only to have people crush it one by one. You are a soft place to fall and encouragement ....don't ever let that go.

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 07:48 PM
link   
I think it is worth noting that there are those who have talked about a mass wave of "old souls", "indigo children", who are coming to help make right this sinking civilization. I've heard talk of Atlanteans making their return en masse.

The basic general advice I've heard is to give them lots of leeway and support, to not force them into things such as eating meat, etc. Sounds like you're doing a great job!

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

SnF beez.

I want to follow this thread. Thanks for posting.

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by TwoTonTommy

My boy is no "indigo".

He's just unique. In my eyes at least.

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 08:41 PM
link   
An old soul is a fresh sponge that works the first time. Exposed to the right wisdom, it is both respected and appreciated. You are very fortunate to be able to call yourself his father.

Now ... go make yourself as equally proud of your firstborn. That's what you're here for!!

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Snarl

I try to do right. It's just that this "old soul" business has me curious.

Maybe there's something to reincarnation.

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 08:52 PM
link   

beezzer

I come to you and ask, what is an old soul?

Its kind of a misnomer. Any soul can be "old", relatively speaking, meaning theyve been here what would usually be considered a long time. But what is inferred, but not necessarily present in an aged soul, is wisdom.

IMO an "old" soul will have intuitive knowledge about things that are generally not considered common knowledge. Theyll also have a markedly increased ability to generally see situations with a depth that is far beyond what is normal.

10 might be a little too young to really say if someone is an old soul or not. If hes good at chess, he has a high capacity for analysis; a high analytical intelligence, but that isnt indicative of the age of a soul. Also, since hes not an adult, its possible his personality will change with puberty, which may or may not change the equation.

Also, people can start off really 'advanced' so to speak, but then stall out in the middle of their lives.

Really, the individual has to come to a knowing of how relatively old they are for themselves. Baby, young, middle aged, mature, old, or even ancient, only the individual can ever know for sure, and everyone can know if they are just honest with themselves. The information is immediately accessible.

edit on 12/15/2013 by CaticusMaximus because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 08:55 PM
link   
I prefer "mature" over "old" spirit. Old tends to infer that death is forthcoming. Your son has probably been an offspring many times and also been a parent many times. His spirit is drawing from that vast depth of un-consciously remembered experiences. It will be interesting to see what he remembers when he gets older and accesses the new past-life recall tools that will be "invented" in society during his time on Earth. Great thread that's bound to help others!
-cwm

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

I made a thread on this a few years ago....

An old soul: Someone who seems to do stuff right in life, like they have learned all of lifes lessons, like they have secret knowledge... (like they have lived life before and remember experiences and is drawing on them in daily experiences.)

Sounds about right...

Who are you?

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

I read a book a year back called "Diary of an Original Soul: Shaman Assisted, Creator Approved. It wasn't the best written book I've ever read but it might help someone that could relate. I do remember it covered old souls quite a bit.

Cheers.

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 10:14 PM
link   

GokuVsSuperman0
Tupac was said to have "a young heart and an old soul". Having an old soul means to have lived through much in your life span, compared to others of the same age.

Thank you I never heard that about Tupac before. But on topic my 8 year old has an "old soul" . He exhibits more common sense than most kids his age...

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 10:32 PM
link   
My daughter (11yrs old) has been told that she has an old soul. I think it has something to do with her fascination with older people and her appreciation of history. She loves hearing about how things were before she was born. I dont believe in souls or reincarnation so I think it's more of a mind set.

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 12:01 AM
link   
I have actually been thinking about this a lot lately. I feel that an "old soul" has more to do with the maturity of the soul than age. Its like the psychological stages of development, but for the soul. I believe we incarnate muliple times to learn lessons in life. Someone who has an old soul, in my opinon, is someone who has completed all the lower levels and is on the last level and will incarnate no more after this lifetime. Why I think that? I have no idea but it just feels right.

I bet your son is a very kind person and has really good manners. He is probably very selfless and cares a great deal for others and has a ton of empathy as well. I bet he connects more with older people than people his own age. He may even have few friends his own age or his friends are older than him.

I say these things because I feel I am an old soul. Others have said it about me for years. This is the way I am and this is the way I feel and act. I preffer the company of people older than me. I have a tremendous amount of empathy for others. I also have a keen sense of knowing.

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by sageturkey

Hi, thanks for your post,

I have been called an "old soul" before now, and yet I wouldn't say I'm worldly wise or advanced for my age. I have however experienced an awful lot in my life and I think that is what is referred to.

I don't buy into the reincarnation and karma thing, it doesn't make sense to me.

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

I believe it refers to the fish that safeway used to get caught bleaching so they could leave it in the display case for a few days longer without it making you barf if your slightly down wind. How is it possible for something this supposedly 'immortal' to be 'immortal' and 'old' at the same time? And in comparison to the age of the Universe, what would be considered 'old' in the first place? I'm thinking 100, 130 yrs tops. that would be old, but a 'soul' ? Are they bar-coded or something? do they have a shelf-life? is there some super-secret government agency ( i know I said secret and government in the same sentence!) that monitors this ?
Is there an app for that ?

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by tencap77

It refers to old as in maturity level. You are clearly a young soul. Kinda like the cheezit commercial....

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 12:58 AM
link   

beezzer
reply to post by Klassified

We just want to encourage and let him grow.

We tender morality, ethics, love and respect.

your son will accomplish what he needs to do here. And your above statement is the likely reason why he chose your family to incarnate into as it will provide a good base line for him to complete his desired task.
An old soul has many factors, the main being more incarnations, more incarnation means more knowledge. Due to this old souls tend to come here to provide rather than learn.
Their are alot of old souls incarnating at this time to help usher in the expansion of consciousness.

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 02:07 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

I was told this about my eldest son who certainly has phychic ability but, as is his right, chooses not to use it.
When he first told me about an experience he had I, knowing very little about his ability took him to the local Spiritualist Church. When we entered and took our places within the circle, a couple of ladies came over to him and one told me then, he was an 'old soul'.

I also went to a Clairvoyant who knew nothing about me but was frighteningly accurate about parts of my life and identified him immediately. (This was before my second son was born) She told me never to lie to him as he was a little old spirit.

Now strangely, although 'my little old spirit' is now grown up, its my younger son who has the compassion and side which likes to help. The elder, although there if needed does not seem to have the same - dare I say - generosity of spirit. So I am at a loss as to what exactly an old spirit is. I believe in reincarnation so as we all come and go etc I can't see the connection for some and not others.

Merry Christmas to you and yours Beezzer your child sounds a lovely soul.

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 03:18 AM
link   
reply to post by TwoTonTommy

From what I have gathered it is not the Atlanteans, but the Lemurians that came before them that have been incarnating recently. Lemuria was a much more spiritually in-tune society and was later assimilated by Atlantis. Though that is not to say that the earlier spiritual adepts of Atlantis could not be reincarnating as well.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join