It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Global warming scam, cult leader Al Gore said 5 yrs ago today. LMAO

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 01:32 PM
link   

combatmaster

13th Zodiac

combatmaster

But he is not the one.... he just repeated what the scientists told him. Do u really think he wears a lab coat and pretends to do science experiments in his make-believe lab and comes to conclusions on his own? No.... so why call him a junk scientist?

Thank you for your reply, I did not wan't to be harsh. The Point is he has self appointed himself as the leader, the front man. He told a untruth as a truth and was busted fair and Square. He pushes himself as the official giving the facts, and thusly is interpted as a brain in a White lab coat. Just like an actor in a White coat, playing dentist for a toothpaste Commercial. The trust me sales man.
At the end of the day, he was wrong and got egg on his face. Is he going to refund people for misleading them, if that was the statement that inspired them to give Money ?
You tell me friend, was that not a huge and fearful claim made to cause alarm and distress? That was the intent and sorry, now he needs to be outed. If it was Gores own data or a top scientist data, it matters not. They were both wrong! If the scientist is wrong, then his science is wrong!

If you are right and I am wrong or the other way around it truly does not matter. ( and to be honest you know I have not given my view on the subject it's self just Gore) and here is why it does not matter...............................

Hypothetical example..................................
A United Nations global carbon tax has been installed, it was so high that all the Money on Earth was collected and now sits in a huge vault under the UN building in New York. Now what?
I want everybody including Gore to tell me how this make Believe paper is going to stop a tornado,snow storms, lightening strikes and floods. You can't, the whole Al Gore travelling circus is moot. Thats is common sense. It's all about the Money.

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

So...how does that account for the fact there was a 65% increase in the Arctic ice sheets this year then? Pesky Global warming making the ice colder i suppose?

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Reply won't post
edit on 16-12-2013 by 13th Zodiac because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Have just spent over half an hour on a reply that wont post?

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 01:46 PM
link   

MysterX
reply to post by Kali74

So...how does that account for the fact there was a 65% increase in the Arctic ice sheets this year then? Pesky Global warming making the ice colder i suppose?

There wasn't.

Firstly, it's Arctic sea ice (not ice sheets)

Secondly, this year, whilst the minium Arctic sea ice extent was about 50% more than it was last year, which saw a record minimum, it was still less than recent average, and less than models had been predicting 10 years ago.

www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by MysterX

Find any source that says the Arctic ice sheets gained 65% mass this year. I'll save you the trouble... it didn't. There were blogs floating around about 2013's summer ice extent which was larger than 2012's but it wasn't 65% and what happened was that less sea ice melted than 2012, which was a record sea ice loss summer.

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 01:59 PM
link   
I love it when someone posts a photo of snow in their backyard, and offers it as proof that GLOBAL warming is fake. Because we all know that when it comes to weather patterns that take place of hundreds of years AROUND THE GLOBE, the best barometer to measure that is your backyard.

Quite similar to the idiots who fail to understand that rain forecasts are for the entire viewing area, not their neighborhood and decry their local weatherman who said it was going to rain and it didn't...

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 02:01 PM
link   

13th Zodiac

Thank you for your reply, I did not wan't to be harsh. The Point is he has self appointed himself as the leader, the front man. He told a untruth as a truth and was busted fair and Square. He pushes himself as the official giving the facts, and thusly is interpted as a brain in a White lab coat. Just like an actor in a White coat, playing dentist for a toothpaste Commercial. The trust me sales man.
At the end of the day, he was wrong and got egg on his face. Is he going to refund people for misleading them, if that was the statement that inspired them to give Money ?
You tell me friend, was that not a huge and fearful claim made to cause alarm and distress? That was the intent and sorry, now he needs to be outed. If it was Gores own data or a top scientist data, it matters not. They were both wrong! If the scientist is wrong, then his science is wrong!

If you are right and I am wrong or the other way around it truly does not matter. ( and to be honest you know I have not given my view on the subject it's self just Gore) and here is why it does not matter...............................

Hypothetical example..................................
A United Nations global carbon tax has been installed, it was so high that all the Money on Earth was collected and now sits in a huge vault under the UN building in New York. Now what?
I want everybody including Gore to tell me how this make Believe paper is going to stop a tornado,snow storms, lightening strikes and floods. You can't, the whole Al Gore travelling circus is moot. Thats is common sense. It's all about the Money.

There you go

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Dumbass

@ the OP...

So what untruth did he tell? Do you even read the replies in your own thread?

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 02:15 PM
link   
The problem the way I see it is not so much wether we have global warming or not….

The problem is that humans are so #ing naive and grandiose that we think we are going to have any influence what so ever in the next significant climate change.

Rather than discussing how to change the world or change climate cycles that are far more complicated and has been around for billions of years, we should be focussing all of our energy in figuring out how to adapt in terms of surviving and maintaining our balance (or… try to obtain balance, because we aren't exactly in balance as it is…).

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Dumbass

Thankyou. What was the problem and how did you gain access to my post ?

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by 13th Zodiac

Somehow you did put quote in quote in quote. The new format doesn't support quotes in another quote. If you try to quote your post at the top of this page you will see what went wrong.

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

Arctic ice loss (cuz global warming) leads to colder winters in the Northern Hemisphere (cuz close) as well as puts more moisture in that same air (cuz melted ice) causing more snow. It's not rocket science or even 5th grade science.

perhaps if you ignore the fact that arctic ice is at a 35 year record that would make sense.
www.washingtonpost.com...

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Bob Sholtz

Now why don't you go ahead and tell us why that means earth isn't warming and while you're at it maybe learn the difference between Arctic and Antarctic.
edit on 12/16/2013 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

i did think we were talking about "global" warming. i have no problem with the idea, but i haven't seen any data to suggest that it is outside the planet's natural cycle.

www.examiner.com...

my apologies for linking the wrong thing. i'm quite tired. been up for 25 hours.
edit on 16-12-2013 by Bob Sholtz because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Read the above posts, already brought up and addressed... as it was brought up and addressed in every thread about weather or global warming including the ones specifically about that particular issue. It's utterly ridiculous that you and several other posters post the same drive by crap that's been discussed a million times while never bothering to read any responses to them, we discuss the same crap over and over even when it's unrelated to the thread. It's like you want to reinforce ignorance rather than deny it. Why bother posting on a subject if you refuse to learn anything about it?

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Kali74

Read the above posts, already brought up and addressed... as it was brought up and addressed in every thread about weather or global warming including the ones specifically about that particular issue. It's utterly ridiculous that you and several other posters post the same drive by crap that's been discussed a million times while never bothering to read any responses to them, we discuss the same crap over and over even when it's unrelated to the thread. It's like you want to reinforce ignorance rather than deny it. Why bother posting on a subject if you refuse to learn anything about it?

With all due respect,

I think tou are being a little rude about your "knowledge" on the "ARTIC" ice.

It seems you may need to update your information sources a little.

Arctic Sea Ice Levels Rise By 50 Percent This Fall

The European Space Agency’s (ESA) CryoSat satellite has delivered some good news about the Arctic sea ice this fall. New measurements taken by CryoSat show the volume of Arctic sea ice has significantly increased this fall, rising by about 50 percent compared to last year. Satellites have been showing a downward trend in the area of Arctic Ocean covered by ice over the past few decades, so the latest measurements are much welcomed news.

www.redorbit.com...

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by liejunkie01

Am I being rude?
Cares not given.

As for your link, that's good news... every year that we have ice is a good year and if the volume of the sea increased this year it's less likely that this summer will be the year we lose all the sea ice and is hopefully a buying of time for people to get their goddamn heads out of their bums. However as the article quotes...

Although it seems like these measurements should help add weight to a climate change skeptic’s argument, ESA says the latest intel doesn’t indicate a reversal in the long-term trend.

“It’s estimated that there was around 20,000 cubic kilometers (4,700 cubic miles) of Arctic sea ice each October in the early 1980s, and so today’s minimum still ranks among the lowest of the past 30 years,” said Professor Andrew Shepherd from University College London.

Read more at www.redorbit.com...

Also this is not the same thing the other posters were referring to.
edit on 12/16/2013 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join