It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Global warming scam, cult leader Al Gore said 5 yrs ago today. LMAO

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Cabin

Wake up dude. You're a sucker to the second biggest scam in history.

A Swedish study found that the planet was warmer in ancient Roman times and the Middle Ages than today, challenging the mainstream idea that man-made greenhouse gas emissions are the main drivers of global warming.

Read more: dailycaller.com...

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by 13th Zodiac

To say humans have no effect, good or bad, on the environment and ecosystems we live in is asinine. Yes, the planet will do what the planet will do and much of it is totally out of our control....volcanoes can produce more bad gasses than we do now and then, but really, I equate it with what we say as we get old(er). "Dang, I wish I had paid attention and listened and treated myself better when I was younger and put more money away for the future.... more exercise, better diet, bigger nest egg and retirement fund, because the Golden Years aren't so golden!" As we overpopulate, over consume, over pollute, over fish, over log the forests, over gassify the atmosphere, over use fossil fuels (but hey! Got the oil field job so how bad can it be?), over use the topsoil... what can we expect from the future, near or far? Do we even care about future generations and what they will have to face? Maybe you've seen pics or video of the smog in China..... all that poison ends up somewhere after the dense clouds over their cities.... our planet is NOT an unlimited sized landfill or trash heap. We may reap what we sow. Global warming? Perhaps it was a poor choice of words that has latched on to our vernacular.... the point is, are we killing ourselves or future generations? Will storms get worse? Aquifiers dry up? Sea levels raise? Crops fail? Hurricanes get worse? Floods increase? Droughts continue and worsen? THAT'S WHAT AL GORE WAS TALKING ABOUT, not just whether or not the arctic will melt or not! Significant Global Changes In Weather And Conditions For Life On Earth For Humanity!
"

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 08:33 PM
link   

webedoomed
He really wasn't that far off. With the data we had back in '08, few were calling for the caps to melt before 2100. Today we realize that it happening within this decade is not only plausible, but probable.

Insightful guy. Funny how people are hardcore failing to see what he was talking about in that little video. He helped introduce an initiative for the development of the internet, not invented the internet, as is often misquoted.

Snopes says it a little better than I, but it should be pretty obvious for anyone who isn't say... autistic or somethin.

Snopes
edit on 15-12-2013 by webedoomed because: (no reason given)

how do you explain this?

arctic ice is growing not shrinking

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 09:01 PM
link   

toddy3174

how do you explain this?

arctic ice is growing not shrinking

Ignorance of the facts or sheer stupidity...

This a picture of general long-term trend. The news was about one particular year, where more ice came back compared to previous year. Compared to 40s/50s the current amount of ice is very low and on severe decline.

Let me illustrate it for you:

You decide to buy a 10 dollar lottery ticket every week of the year (52 weeks), so you set aside 520 dollars. If you spend 10 dollars every week on lottery ticket and win for the first time 30 dollars on the 50th week, are you in surplus and not losing?

This study can be compared to this week. Initally you had 520 dollars, although after buying 50 tickets, you only had 20 dollars left. And then you won 30. Compared to previous week, your amount of cash grew (from 30 to 50) , although compared to the beginning of the year, you are losing a lot (520 vs 50)

The same situation is in the total amount of ice. Compared to previous year the amount is larger, although if we go 50 years back. it is not even comparable to the amount that was back then.[
edit on 15-12-2013 by Cabin because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Cabin

I wouldn't be so quick on the draw to call people ignorant.

This a picture of general long-term trend. The news was about one particular year, where more ice came back compared to previous year. Compared to 40s/50s the current amount of ice is very low and on severe decline.

I guess it just depends on what link you click on.

Antarctic sea ice hit 35-year record high Saturday

I noticed this article was from september.

Antarctic sea ice has grown to a record large extent for a second straight year, baffling scientists seeking to understand why this ice is expanding rather than shrinking in a warming world.

On Saturday, the ice extent reached 19.51 million square kilometers, according to data posted on the National Snow and Ice Data Center Web site. That number bested record high levels set earlier this month and in 2012 (of 19.48 million square kilometers). Records date back to October 1978.

m.washingtonpost.com...

It seems that this is the second straight year.

And that the ice is as much as in the 70's.

It seems that scientists are baffled at how the earth can be warming but the ice is growing. Yes they have theories, but it seems we need more evidence.

One question to you is,

How many years in a row make it a trend?

If this is two, then how many more?

And for anyone else that doesn't want to take the time to do research and just go around staring people with "quoted" material, you can find an article/several articles that show "evidence" of both sides.

We need more research and less bullsh$&. Politics is killing/has killed the ability to observe and record.

edit on 15-12-2013 by liejunkie01 because: spelling and grammar

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 11:52 PM
link   

poet1b

Al Gore predicted it COULD be ice free.

Do you understand the meaning of the word, "Could"?

Arctic Ice melt has continued to exceed predictions, and it is likely that we could see an Arctic ocean without a solid ice cover before the end of this decade. The Arctic ice cover is very close to breaking up in late August or September. It could happen next year.

nsidc.org...

While it is early winter in the Arctic, it is early summer in the Antarctic. Continuing patterns seen in recent years, Antarctic sea ice extent remains unusually high, near or above previous daily maximum values for each day in November. Sea ice is anomalously extensive across the Peninsula, the Amundsen Sea, and the Wilkes Land sectors. However, it has retreated in the northern Ross Sea region—where it had been far to the north of the mean ice edge—to more typical extent locations. Sea ice extent averaged 17.16 million square kilometers (6.63 million square miles) for November. The long-term 1981 to 2010 average extent for this month is 16.30 million square kilometers (6.29 million square miles).

Figure 4b. The graph above shows Antarctic sea ice extent as of December 2, 2013, along with daily ice extent data for the previous year. 2013 is shown in blue and 2012 in green. The 1981 to 2010 average is in dark gray. Sea Ice Index data.

Credit: National Snow and Ice Data Center
High-resolution image

Beginning in October, wind conditions in the Ross Sea shifted from a direction favoring a northward growth of sea ice to a more westerly direction. This and the coming of sunshine and warmth with spring led to a retreat from record ice extents there. However, November brought cool conditions (1 to 3 degrees Celsius, or 2 to 5 degrees Fahrenheit, below the 1981 to 2010 average) around the Peninsula and much of the western hemisphere of the Southern Ocean. Winds have also favored a northward drift along the western Peninsula. Overall, cool conditions and extensive ice around the Peninsula strongly contrast with the past few decades’ shift to a more ice free Peninsula and extensive surface melting there. Palmer Station, the U.S. Antarctic research base, was once again briefly surrounded by sea ice this winter, as it was in 2012.

Overall, the extreme sea ice extent may be linked to strong variations in the westerly wind flow, the main circulation around Antarctica

Depends on which ice cap one wants to look at

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Cabin
Ignorance of the facts or sheer stupidity...

The intelligent among us realize that 20-30 years of history does not establish a long term trend, and those that think it does are ignorant of facts and suffer sheer stupidity.

It's been warmer in the past with less CO2, and colder in the past with more CO2.

edit on 12/15/2013 by abecedarian because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 01:00 AM
link   
reply to post by combatmaster

Sorry bro...... Al Gore has nothing to do with it. Global Warming is a fact..... stop living in denial!

yes! but as a natural reoccurring cycle that ebbs and flows.

take a step back from the hockey-stick graph and you'll see a constant pattern of ups and downs. we are right where we should be in relation to natural climate change.

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 02:09 AM
link   
I don't know, sure seems like standard fluctuation

Northern Anomaly:

A noticeable downward trend

Southern Anomaly:

A noticeable upward trend

Seem to be offsetting

Cryosphere Today

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 03:30 AM
link   

combatmaster

Sorry bro...... Al Gore has nothing to do with it.

Global Warming is a fact..... stop living in denial!

No sorry cuzy bro. You are a waste of oxygen and a contributer to c02 dribbling that garbage. Listen bubs, and all others like you. Al Gore is Everything to do with it. It is my OP and HE is the subject. Not if global warming is real or not real ! Get it ! Al Gore claimed the ice caps would be gone now! and guess what? They are not ! Again get it? The guy is a jack ass.
You and all the Al Gore followers like you here are all OFF TOPIC. Keep on following the ass in front of you because you ain't leader material. Get back on topic or leave.

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 04:19 AM
link   

13th Zodiac

combatmaster

No sorry cuzy bro. You are a waste of oxygen and a contributer to c02 dribbling that garbage. Listen bubs, and all others like you. Al Gore is Everything to do with it. It is my OP and HE is the subject. Not if global warming is real or not real ! Get it ! Al Gore claimed the ice caps would be gone now! and guess what? They are not ! Again get it? The guy is a jack ass.
You and all the Al Gore followers like you here are all OFF TOPIC. Keep on following the ass in front of you because you ain't leader material. Get back on topic or leave.

He claimed they could be gone. There's a lot of leeway in the word 'could'.

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Bob Sholtz
reply to post by combatmaster

Sorry bro...... Al Gore has nothing to do with it. Global Warming is a fact..... stop living in denial!

yes! but as a natural reoccurring cycle that ebbs and flows.

take a step back from the hockey-stick graph and you'll see a constant pattern of ups and downs. we are right where we should be in relation to natural climate change.

And you know this how?...... because you have witnessed the weather patterns since 10000BC or earlier?

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 10:29 AM
link   

13th Zodiac

combatmaster

But he is not the one.... he just repeated what the scientists told him. Do u really think he wears a lab coat and pretends to do science experiments in his make-believe lab and comes to conclusions on his own? No.... so why call him a junk scientist?

You are insinuating that global warming therefore must be a hoax.

Maybe Al Gore has his own agenda (then again... who doesn't?), and thats fine if you wanna bash him personally. But to pretend that Global warming is a myth, just because Al Gore misrepresented something, would be a crime!

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 10:43 AM
link   

webedoomed
reply to post by Cobaltic1978

It really only takes a minute to find such data. I wonder what has kept you from researching this on your own?

Arctic News

Oh yeah, the ice caps have completely melted. Do you have a dinghy I can borrow, because my place is flooded. Oops, my bad, it's not flooded, just an awful lot of rain coming in from the Atlantic.

edit on 16/12/13 by Cobaltic1978 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 12:17 PM
link   
For the love of using our brains... the entire quote was this: "Some of the models suggest to Dr. Mazlowsky that there is a 75% chance that the entire North Polar Ice Cap during some of the summer months could be completely ice-free within the next five to seven years."

75% chance in 5-7 years during summer. He was quoting a climatologist, not making the prediction himself. Most climatologists agree that it will happen within the next few years. And Gore did get the quote wrong... Dr. Mazlowsky stated that the arctic summer sea ice could be gone in 5-7 years.
edit on 12/16/2013 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 12:27 PM
link   

13th Zodiac
www.thegatewaypundit.com...

Five years ago to the date, the Global fraudster, junk scientist and global warming billionaire business man, Al gore. Claimed that the Northern Polar Cap would be ice free today. I feel sorry for the tragic morons that follow this clown.

Wake up!
edit on 15-12-2013 by 13th Zodiac because: (no reason given)

I feel sorry for the idiots who watched George Bush aboard a Navy Ship declare "Mission Accomplished". Here we are 8 years later... Several thousand more dead American Service Members...20-23 Iraqi Vets a day are attempting Suicide on Avg... Trillions of Dollars later...Half a Million dead Iraqi Civilians or more. Mission Accomplished. Glad we can spend our tax money on our Colony of Iraq. I can't imagine Hospitals could use it or Homeless Shelters or Police Forces.

Glad you could make this post and point out what is really important however. Love me some hypocrisy.

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Making up a pile of numbers, claiming they are real, making exotic charts and graphs with them does not make the numbers real.

I can make an excel speadsheet, turned into a graph, sing "Mary Had A Lttle Lamb" but it doesn't mean Mary or the lamb really exsted.

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 01:04 PM
link   

19KTankCommander
Its funny that someone else is talking about the nice weather we are having, I live in Wisconsin and we are use to having snow ect. but recently my kids and I had this same discussion about Al Gore, we took some pictures and it was -17 degrees and 14 inches of snow, not to account for the two inches of rain under it. So Al Gore can suck our snow balls.

Nice pic, looks nice and Christmassy.

But, regarding your -17 degrees and 14 inches of snow..you obviously don't understand that Global Warming produces Global freezing, it's technical...just take my word for it. GW causes freezing temps...ok, good.

(sarcasm)

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by MysterX

Arctic ice loss (cuz global warming) leads to colder winters in the Northern Hemisphere (cuz close) as well as puts more moisture in that same air (cuz melted ice) causing more snow. It's not rocket science or even 5th grade science.

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 01:32 PM
link   

And you believed a milionaire politician?

All fool you!

I'd suggest listening to the science instead. And whilst some predictions were that it COULD be ice free in summer IF current trends continued, none said it WOULD without qualification.

In the same way, I predict that IF you but a lottery ticket tonight then you COULD win the jackpot. But it doesn't mean you WILL.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join