It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

10 Signs That You’re Fully Awake

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 07:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

Exactly right. To me the biggest step is realizing that all life has value and meaning. We don't destroy that which we respect without very good cause. At present we destroy first, ask questions later after the damage is done.
Every species has a role to play here and our job is to ensure that they all survive - regardless of the utilitarian value to us.

I did like that article despite the elitism that being "awake" implies.
I think #10 was my favorite:

10. The power to change the world rests with you and you alone

If we aren't willing to be the change it's a little ridiculous to expect someone else to do it for us.
In my experience it's true that if we change ourselves we do change the world.
It's certainly the best place to start.

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by toocoolnc

10 Signs That You’re Fully Awake

Oh...
So that's what Buddha REALLY meant.

As others have said the 10 points aren't exactly secrets leading to wakeful existence.

And like some others, I despise the constant modern use in CT circles of "awake". Apparently to be "awake" could mean hundreds of different "hidden" things "discovered" that "wake" one.

edit on 12/16/2013 by Chamberf=6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by winofiend

So many people are still meandering aimlessly in mundane lives, plodding along making a measly income to satisfy a society that congratulates excess. What isn't true is that there is any truth in arbitrary claims.

SO many people, well that was the point, NOT everyone.

Some people have stopped. They have stopped buying another pair of shoes they don't need to show the friends.
Buying that new sofa even though they got one last year but they saw Sally had a prettier one so they had to up one on her!

Some people stopped being rude and unkind when they speak to anyone because they cause pain and hurt for no reason other than to feel superior or smug with their own perceived intelligence., or to receive applaud.

Some people realize the nature of our physical lives is completely NOT the point of anything.

Some people realized we are living inside a bag of water and we ALL eventually come out.

Most of us are so full of darkness when we die there is nothing left to send to the light.

<< 1   >>

join