It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Says WikiLeaks Founder Julian Assange Unlikely To Face Charges

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Citing unnamed sources at the Department of Justice, the Times reports officials have that if they were to prosecute Assange, they would have to also prosecute U.S news organizations and journalists as well, calling their conundrum a “New York Times problem.” The Times published reports on many of the documents Assange provided.

Read more: Julian Assange's plan to avoid US prosecution may have worked | TIME.com swampland.time.com...

swampland.time.com...

Of course they would have to.

I think this is just a ploy to get him to ease up and face charges for the sexual assault (or whatever it was) and hope it's the end of it, but the US Eagle will swoop in for him.

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

This is hardly breaking news as the article is dated November 26th.

On topic, I see the reasoning behind this rumors but I highly doubt that Assange would get away unscathed if he were to step foot on American soil, or get caught at the wrong place at the wrong time abroad.

Chances are he will be dealt with out of the justice system...if you know what I mean.

Part of me still thinks he is part of one giant psy-op but that's another thread.
edit on 12/15/2013 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 03:23 PM
link   
good news. How can you want to punish a guy that's just telling the truth? Shouldn't all government documents be public unless it's operationally unsound...like a military strategy and location of cia operatives in foreign countries? That's about it. Just about everything that Assange, Manning, and Snowden, to name just three, that they 'leaked" is stuff we should have known anyway...more embarrassing then anything else. Assange is a hero, and anyone who thinks differently is someone that has something to hide or doesn't love freedom. Period.

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 04:07 PM
link   

I think this is just a ploy to get him to ease up and face charges for the sexual assault (or whatever it was) and hope it's the end of it, but the US Eagle will swoop in for him.

Can`t agree more. I`m also wondering how stupid they are to think that he will fall for the bait? Sounds to me like an act of desperation.

I know what I would do at the moment I stepped into the embassy...but won`t tell it incase he is thinking the same thing. Don`t want to ruin his chances if this thread is being monitored=)

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 04:10 PM
link   

amazing
good news. How can you want to punish a guy that's just telling the truth? Shouldn't all government documents be public unless it's operationally unsound...like a military strategy and location of cia operatives in foreign countries? That's about it. Just about everything that Assange, Manning, and Snowden, to name just three, that they 'leaked" is stuff we should have known anyway...more embarrassing then anything else. Assange is a hero, and anyone who thinks differently is someone that has something to hide or doesn't love freedom. Period.

DittO: Same goes for Edward Snowden. Its possible that Snowden feels enough of an accomplishment so far regarding world opinion against the actions of the US government under the guise of the NSA that he, like Julian Assange, might just be on a track to freedom as the whistle-blowers - not traitors - that they really are. It could very well be that there's a glimmer of light at the end of a very dark NSA tunnel for them both.

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 05:07 PM
link   
I didnt see article dated. IT was top of Googles search for Julian, so it's normally most recent.

MODS, move this accordingly.

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Not a chance. No one should believe that a whistle blower will escape the vengeful claws of the US. No chance, regardless of what any MSM outlet suggests.

It's a trap. Edward and Julian to not fall for it.

For anyone who believes in goodness and light you'll have a better chance picking up those two unicorns on Craigslist for $900K.

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 05:39 PM
link   

CALGARIAN

Citing unnamed sources at the Department of Justice, the Times reports officials have that if they were to prosecute Assange, they would have to also prosecute U.S news organizations and journalists as well, calling their conundrum a “New York Times problem.” The Times published reports on many of the documents Assange provided.

Read more: Julian Assange's plan to avoid US prosecution may have worked | TIME.com swampland.time.com...

Hang on, they would have to charge News organizations and Journalist. What ? What about the criminals, for the crimes exposed?

No, Julian ass ange r wouldn't be charged on this logic either, especially because he is one of them. NSA Honey trap.
Niether is going to happen.
edit on 15-12-2013 by 13th Zodiac because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-12-2013 by 13th Zodiac because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 07:14 PM
link   
and we all know we can trust what the Government says...

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 07:39 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 11:27 PM
link   
"U.S. Says WikiLeaks Founder Julian Assange Unlikely To Face Charges"

Well that would be perfect, then they can treat him like the scores of other prisoners that are tortured and locked up indefinitely without charge. Or maybe they'll just wait til he's out and about and drone him.
Remember guys and gals, in today's America, charges don't matter!

top topics

join