It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time Capsules from Above

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 02:56 PM
link   

A time capsule is a historic cache of goods or information, usually intended as a method of communication with future people and to help future archaeologists, anthropologists or historians. Time capsules are sometimes created and buried during celebrations such as a World's Fair, a cornerstone laying for a building or at other events.

I lay thinking about time capsules today and they so fascinate me so I decided to make a thread. Through out history and time we see a lot of different time capsules that have been or will be opened by our future generations. We already have survival type structures which are a type of time capsule such as the seed vault, DNA banks and data/information holding facilities. These are our Survival Time Capsules. Now we have even steered more toward creating time capsules that venture off Earth to one day return. We have sent messages on a lot of our space satellite missions and I am sure you have all read a bit about these too.

These capsules are very captivating to me. As I was discussing them today a friend brought up the idea that the Black Knight Satellite could be a time capsule from the past ?

It really is an intriguing idea. It got me thinking about UFO's. Could some UFO's be time capsules that have been sent out and they just so happened upon Earth... just as we as humans are sending them into the realms of outer space ?

Its something to Ponder for sure.

Here is a time capsule to be launched in 2014. The KEO Time Capsule.

KEO is the name of a proposed space time capsule that will be launched in 2014. There have been previous spacecrafts carrying time capsules of earth’s existence sent into space but what makes the KEO Satellite different is it will be designed to return back to earth 50,000 years later.

The KEO project was conceived in 1994 by French artist-scientist Jean-Marc Philippe. If this ambitious project is realized the KEO will carry a drop of human blood chosen at random encased in a diamond, samples of air, sea water and earth and the DNA of the human genome. The satellite will also carry an astronomical clock, photographs of people of all cultures and an encyclopedia of current human knowledge.

Interesting Fact: The Satellites name is supposed to represent the three most frequently used sounds common to the most widely spoken languages today, K, E and O.

listverse.com...

en.wikipedia.org...

It will be interesting to hear your thoughts on this idea. Have we been presented with time
capsules from above ?

leolady

edit on 15-12-2013 by leolady because: sp

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 03:05 PM
link   
I like the time capsule idea. Although sending things into the unknown telling every thing that lives in space where we live could cause problems in the future but thats not really the issue.

Do humans really know much ? i mean all we do is moan and fight each other and have wars and use up resources. Will Future generations look upon us as we are now as primitive or advanced ?

I've been thinking of making a time capsule of my own and burying it somewhere.

Love the thread by the way S+F
edit on 15-12-2013 by rhynouk because: spelling

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 04:40 PM
link   

leolady
These capsules are very captivating to me. As I was discussing them today a friend brought up the idea that the Black Knight Satellite could be a time capsule from the past ?

It really is an intriguing idea. It got me thinking about UFO's. Could some UFO's be time capsules that have been sent out and they just so happened upon Earth... just as we as humans are sending them into the realms of outer space ?

Its something to Ponder for sure.

You know...

I've been toying with the idea of writing a skunk works thread with a similar theme/idea/scenario. I find both the possible real space time capsule and one from our past fascinating.

As a matter of fact, you don't suppose......

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

And where the hell did you pull that one from ol mate ?

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by scubagravy

That image has made the rounds in the UFO forums and 'Ancient Aliens" TV series.

LINKY

San Pietro 1600 The painting on the right is by Bonaventura Salimbeni entitled "Glorification of the Eucharist", painted in 1600. Notice the Sputnik satellite device. It hangs in the church of San Lorenzo in San Pietro. It is considered by some to be a stylised representation of the Earth but I have included it here as it still looks interesting.

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 06:22 AM
link   

Ohh this is interesting. I found some descriptions online backing what some propose this thing to be.

I wonder if there are any other examples to be found that could provide further evidence to
support the theory that we have received things from above that did not originate here.

I shall go digging for more later...

The device clearly has telescopic antenna, what appears to be a camera (or lens) as well as a spotlight. According to some people the lens is a depiction of the moon and the light is a depiction of the sun. If this is the case then the moon is a double crescent and the Sun is depicted proportionally smaller than it should be. In addition, the antennas are clearly fixed to the globe with grommet-like devices and are tipped with aerial spheres. The globe also displays lines which have been claimed to represent early longitude lines on the globe of the Earth. In fact, the lines look like the joins in metal plates and perhaps that is what they are.

www.mind-body-spirit-group.com...

The Object From The Glorification Of The Eucharist
There are so many paintings that contain strange-looking objects, one could think there was something going on we don't know about. One painting that is constantly being used as an example of what I'm talking about, was painted in the 16th century, by Ventura Salimbeni, and is in the church of St. Peter in Montalcino, Italy. It depicts a sphere that many have called a satellite, and no doubt it looks strangely out of place. Thus, no one can be sure exactly what the object is, but is said to represent the Holy Trinity, and the Earth. What I find curious about it, is it seems to be out of step with any other paintings of the time. The long aerial like devices in the hands of the figures are truly strange, and it is hard to know if they are actually attached the globe, or being pressed to it by the hands of the figures? If they are being pressed there, what possible purpose would this be for, and why would they have round flattened tips? There is no doubting the strangeness of this painting.

aboutfacts.net...

unmyst3.blogspot.com...

leolady

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 06:35 AM
link   
reply to post by leolady

Or...

The sphere between the figures of the Holy Trinity is not a UFO. The object, painted in many Trinity representations of the period, is a symbol of the “Celestial Sphere” – not the Earth, but the universe as a whole – and in this particular painting, contains the illustration of the Sun and the Moon.

Many more examples of such religious iconography can be found here.

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 11:05 AM
link   
If you look into one of my previous thread
www.abovetopsecret.com...
I got the same idea. Interesting.

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by radkrish

Very good. I guess this shows a few of us have had similar thoughts and questions. What brought you to ponder this possibility?

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 04:38 PM
link   

leolady

Ohh this is interesting. I found some descriptions online backing what some propose this thing to be.

I wonder if there are any other examples to be found that could provide further evidence to
support the theory that we have received things from above that did not originate here.

I shall go digging for more later...

The device clearly has telescopic antenna, what appears to be a camera (or lens) as well as a spotlight. According to some people the lens is a depiction of the moon and the light is a depiction of the sun. If this is the case then the moon is a double crescent and the Sun is depicted proportionally smaller than it should be. In addition, the antennas are clearly fixed to the globe with grommet-like devices and are tipped with aerial spheres. The globe also displays lines which have been claimed to represent early longitude lines on the globe of the Earth. In fact, the lines look like the joins in metal plates and perhaps that is what they are.

www.mind-body-spirit-group.com...

The Object From The Glorification Of The Eucharist
There are so many paintings that contain strange-looking objects, one could think there was something going on we don't know about. One painting that is constantly being used as an example of what I'm talking about, was painted in the 16th century, by Ventura Salimbeni, and is in the church of St. Peter in Montalcino, Italy. It depicts a sphere that many have called a satellite, and no doubt it looks strangely out of place. Thus, no one can be sure exactly what the object is, but is said to represent the Holy Trinity, and the Earth. What I find curious about it, is it seems to be out of step with any other paintings of the time. The long aerial like devices in the hands of the figures are truly strange, and it is hard to know if they are actually attached the globe, or being pressed to it by the hands of the figures? If they are being pressed there, what possible purpose would this be for, and why would they have round flattened tips? There is no doubting the strangeness of this painting.

aboutfacts.net...

unmyst3.blogspot.com...

leolady

While I can understand where they are coming from and can see what they mean (I did the first time I saw the painting), it really is just the sun and the moon. The thing you have to realize is in the period when the painting was done they believed the sky, the stars, moon planets and sun all moved around the inner surface of a big dome or sphere with earth in the middle of the sphere or dome (theres an old woodcut of a guy poking his head through the 'shell' of the sky and looking at the workings of the universe behind it, cant remember the name of it), odd to us now, but it does have an interesting sort of logic to it when you think about it from their perspective.

The 'antenna' are interesting and the fact that jesus's one casts a shadow indicating we are looking at the exterior of the sphere rather than the interior, but you have to remember that things like wands, rods, scepters, stave's and other similar items where a big part of symbolism, symbols of royalty, divinity, magic, power etc. God and his son are touching the vault of the heavens with their symbols of power or kingship etc etc.

Most of these paintings are pure symbolism, and alot of the meanings are lost to use now, but it all used to be very important to the painters and viewers of the works of art back then. So yeah it looks like a sputnik, but its in my mind 99% purely coincidence (also painters of the time where often not the most accurate people, although the partial eclipse of the moon more than likely has some form of symbolism to it).

One of teh main reasons why it isnt a satellite is if you look at the 'lens' or moon you can see one of the longitudinal surface lines of the sphere going over and through it, if this was a 3d protrusion from the sphere like a camera lens it wouldnt have this. Artists of the day where often inaccurate, but they wouldn't have botched up something like that in that sort of way, proportions yes, basic perspective and structure or form not really.
edit on 16-12-2013 by BigfootNZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Here is a time capsule I came across tonight while doing a bit of reading.

Now I don't know if this rock literally came from "above" (as in fell from the
heavens) except it is said to be a time capsule depicting the deluge... so to
me that means it qualifies. Its just a different dimension of coming from
"above" is all... cuz the deluge according to most stores did come from well...
the heavens.

The Genesis Petroglyph

Properly defined as 'petro' (rock) 'photoglyphs' (photo engravings) these artifacts project detailed photographic stories that can be found in the bible and other religious scriptures.

These ancient stone engraved DVDs project their photo image stories (codices) when properly illuminated and positioned. Using modern photo, lighting and positioning technologies on the petro photoglyphs to develop their image stories defines these stones as 'time capsule messages'.

The Genesis Petroglyph (1st stone pictured) projects a detailed photo image codex (story) found in Genesis 6, or the story of the deluge. The image has been isolated from the the stone etched hologram projection by a process of background data elimination. The 'eyes' were isolated from the image and plays a significant role in deciphering the projection (reference 'The Eyes of Horus').

ireport.cnn.com...

leolady

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 04:25 PM
link   
But will there be anyone left on Earth in 50,000 years? We are a war mongering race with nuclear weapons. I doubt we will survive the next 100 years. We are on borrowed time and were very lucky to survive the Cold War. Unless we radically change our ideas, I don't think any time capsule programmed to return to Earth in 50,000 years time will ever be opened by Human hands. Perhaps that is why ET are so interested in Earth. It is a study of a civilisation on the brink of nuclear holocaust.

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 06:00 PM
link   
UFOs as time capsules would be awesome, although the flight patterns suggested by many (most?) would seem strange for a time capsule that was meant to be found, especially considering how many UFO encounters end with the object traveling away from the Earth at high speeds. That seems like the opposite response of something designed to be found.

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 12:22 PM
link   

rhynouk
Do humans really know much ? i mean all we do is moan and fight each other and have wars and use up resources. Will Future generations look upon us as we are now as primitive or advanced ?

Probably neither.

Do you look at people from the 1700s as primitive or advanced?

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Add NASA's New Horizons Probe to the time capsules leaving our star system. Currently on its way to encounter Pluto in 2015 New Horizons will leave the solar system and venture into interstellar space in 2038.

You can put a message on it yourself: New Horizons Message Initiative

Your Chance to Speak for Earth in a “Voyager Golden Record 2.0”
JOIN US TO CREATE A SELF-PORTRAIT OF HUMANITY TO SEND TO THE STARS ON NASA’S PLUTO MISSION, NEW HORIZONS.

BREAKING NEWS: Send your name to the stars! For the first 10,000 people to sign the petition, we are going to upload your name to New Horizons. Other missions have let you add your name, but New Horizons is the first that is going interstellar.

Send your name to the stars with New Horizons

Centauri Dreams: Speaking Across Space and time
edit on 20-12-2013 by JadeStar because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 08:17 AM
link   
a reply to: leolady

Videos of 'Petro Photoglyphs' projecting time-capsule hologram communications that have been deciphered & transcribed into the database of mankind since the dawn of intelligence...:

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

Functional Xenolinguistics...a platform opening a portal to an 'Ancient Alien Intelligence' who has been defined as the one called...GOD...:

www.impactoptics.com...
edit on 10-12-2014 by laserles because: correct errors to link addresses

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 12:08 PM
link   
The problem with time capsules is that you can't really put anything valuable in them, because people will break into it and steal it. The seeming solution would be to hide the capsule someplace people can't get to it, but that kind of defeats the purpose. You want something people can see, but not get to very easily.

Some kind of orbiting satellite would be good, except there's pretty much always going to be some degradation of the orbit. Otherwise, something on the Moon that would reflect a bright sunlight blast back to Earth would also be good, although it might get hit or buried by a meteor impact.

We live in a very impermanent world.

edit on 10-12-2014 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 12:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift
The problem with time capsules is that you can't really put anything valuable in them, because people will break into it and steal it. The seeming solution would be to hide the capsule someplace people can't get to it, but that kind of defeats the purpose. You want something people can see, but not get to very easily.

The solution is to place a very robust camera on the spacecraft outside it to take a selfie of said spacecraft and a transmitter powered by its own series of RTGs (radiothermal generators). Once a year on say New Years Day the onboard timer would command the camera and transmitter warm up and then to turn on for an hour and transmit an image of the from outside the spacecraft back to Earth.

So say every year for the next 200 years on New Years Day you'd get a broadcast from the depths of space of the space craft.

This could either be a spacecraft sent on a very long 200 year orbit or what I think would be better:An interstellar precursor mission to our Sun's gravitational lens 750 AU (astronomical units) out.

That would be 750 times the distance of the Earth to the Sun where some real good science could be done in the types of long distance communication needed for missions to the nearest stars. Add a modest telescope and you have a mission many in astronomy have dreamt of because at this distance the Suns gravity forms a lens which magnifies light, radio and other waves. In essence becoming a super telescope which could see small details on exoplanets or detect the faintest radio signals.

Such a "selfie camera" set up would serve a scientific purpose too. There would be a yearly visual record of the types of damage flying in deep space for hundreds of years encountering dust and micrometeoroids would have on the materials the space craft was built from which would allow us to design a ship to allow humans to go to the stars later.

edit on 15-12-2014 by JadeStar because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 04:48 PM
link   
a reply to: JadeStar

I like your idea, a snapshot in place and time every year.

leolady

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 07:16 PM
link   
a reply to: leolady

Petro Photoglyphs...photo engraved stones project hologram codices....visual image stories when properly illuminated.

Media for the transfer of knowledge to mankind since the dawn of intelligence...:

www.impactoptics.com...

laserles
'The Oldest Photos Known...Scribed in Stone'

top topics

<<   2 >>

join