It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mars Water, ATS Posters were Right

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 01:47 PM
link   
NASA Mars Spacecraft Reveals a More Dynamic Red Planet

www.jpl.nasa.gov...

How many years ago did I first see ATS threads showing this and calling it seasonal melt water?

So after all of these years finally NASA is saying the same. No one ever gets credit for being right nor to all the name callers apologize for the remarks like "crazy" "Idiot" "Ridiculous there Can Be No Liquid on Mars!"

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 02:00 PM
link   
i have been watching vids of water on mars for 6 years now how much longer can nasa keep up the lies now but expect its a sandstorm quotes

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Char-Lee
How many years ago did I first see ATS threads showing this and calling it seasonal melt water?
So after all of these years finally NASA is saying the same.

Not sure where you got that idea from.
A quick google search shows any number of older NASA sources saying that there can be subsurface and liquid salty water on Mars.
One random page says:

ANSWER from Mike Mellon on April 21, 1997: There are several place where drinkable water can be found on Mars; ground water deep beneath the permafrost (permanently frozen soil), melted ice from the polar caps, melted ice from ice-rich permafrost, or water condensed from atmospheric vapor. Properly prepared, these are all sources of drinkable water.

NASA News 1998 - 1999

Now the discovery of ice and slush on Europa and mounting evidence of water on Mars and on our own Moon...
The most likely spots in our solar system are Mars, which may have a liquid aquifer buried hundreds of feet below ground...

Making a Splash on Mars

June 29, 2000
What was amazing is that water may be present as a liquid very near the planet's surface and occasionally on top of the surface when underground deposits burst forth for a brief flash flood.

Underground liquid water behind a barrier of ice erupts for a short-lived flash flood, creating the characteristic channels and aprons of martian gullies. The ice plugs are formed on the shadowed slopes of craters and ravines. Salts dissolved in the water behind the plug could help it stay liquid.

The same principle applies on Mars where salty water could be moving through subterranean aquifers.

Seriously, wherever you look, there's pages all over everywhere with NASA talking about martian water.

edit on 15-12-2013 by alfa1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

True but ATSers are not notoriously known for their ability to do lots of scientific research and publish their findings in scientific journals haha

However, this is good news that NASA has finally done that leg work to scientifically prove the theory! I can't wait until we find the first remains of an alien being!

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 02:17 PM
link   

alfa1

Char-Lee

A quick google search shows any number of older NASA sources saying that there can be subsurface and liquid salty water on Mars.
One random page says:

ANSWER from Mike Mellon on April 21, 1997: There are several place where drinkable water can be found on Mars; ground water deep beneath the permafrost (permanently frozen soil), melted ice from the polar caps, melted ice from ice-rich permafrost, or water condensed from atmospheric vapor. Properly prepared, these are all sources of drinkable water.

Read a few threads on ATS on the subject. See how many people have blasted those who believed in surface water and used NASA links to prove their points. I have been in the midst of many of these threads for years so I am speaking from experience.

example from first search result on google

Even if some internal heat source warmed the planet up enough for ice to melt, it wouldn't yield liquid water

Nasa 2001

science1.nasa.gov...
edit on 15-12-2013 by Char-Lee because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Does that mean the rock squirrel, rock root, rock house, rock beetle are all real too?

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Uninformed pandering.

Second line.

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 02:20 PM
link   

boncho
Does that mean the rock squirrel, rock root, rock house, rock beetle are all real too?

How about rock squirrel & moose?

Seriously, I knew about water on Mars for years. Reading Hoagland does have a few benefits...

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 02:22 PM
link   

boncho

I personally think there are many Marsamals my word for animals on Mars. I think there are bird types and rodent types, lizard types, and snake types plus many insects. There is clearly fossils.

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 02:25 PM
link   

alfa1

Char-Lee

One random page says:

Of course the answer now will be NASA always said there was liquid water. Soon they will take credit for having known there was life there also AFTER they have examined said life for years without declaring it and all the while refuting it's existence.

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Seasonal melt? That probably means that in the answer to David Bowie's question, yes maybe.

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Char-Lee
example from first search result on google

Even if some internal heat source warmed the planet up enough for ice to melt, it wouldn't yield liquid water

And they'd be perfectly right, because that section was talking about surface water.

By contrast, the features in the image in the opening post, and what NASA are talking about now, are outflows on the edge of craters where the water is below the surface.
As explained later in the very same link you just linked to...

Above: Martian gullies in Newton Crater. Scientists hypothesize that liquid water burst out from underground, eroded the gullies, and pooled at the bottom of this crater as it froze and evaporated. If so, life-sustaining ice and water might exist even today below the Martian surface

In order to avoid confusion the distinction has to be made in this thread between surface water (like lakes and rivers) and subsurface water, also between "water" and salty water.
Otherwise people are going to be using apples to protest against oranges.

edit on 15-12-2013 by alfa1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

Does that mean in answer to David Bowie's question, yes possibly underground?

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 06:59 PM
link   

This is why ATS gets laughed at. NASA has always said there can be seasonal melt water, and that there can be extremely salty water.

People on ATS claimed there is SURFACE water, as in pools of regular water. This is 100% false. NASA is not claiming that is true. The information posted here actually DISPROVES that assumption.

ATS was wrong, is wrong, and always will be wrong when they make ignorant posts without the slightest attempt at learning the actual facts.

Anyone with a basic curiosity can look up why water on Mars is impossible.

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Isn't this is old news? I don't know when ATS started, but decades ago there was found, but denied, evidence of water on Mars.

They've just moved the disclosure of life on Mars up a notch for the sheeple to get used to before they move it up another notch with a real fossil find of some sort. The latest official word is that "perhaps life was possible on Mars in the past." Same slow way they use to lead us to recognizing the possibility of life on other stars, drip by drip or is it star by star? --How many more "earth-type planets" were found by Kepler last week?

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Aliensun

NASA has never said there is zero water on Mars. They always said it was there. Fossils are next to impossible and will not be found.

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by OccamsRazor04

People on ATS claimed there is SURFACE water, as in pools of regular water. This is 100% false. NASA is not claiming that is true.

Well I say you are wrong and they know it. Come back and let us talk when they admit to pools of water and fossils.
If ATS is so laughed at why is it still so busy.

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Aliensun

Isn't this is old news? I don't know when ATS started, but decades ago there was found, but denied, evidence of water on Mars.

They've just moved the disclosure of life on Mars up a notch for the sheeple to get used to before they move it up another notch with a real fossil find of some sort. The latest official word is that "perhaps life was possible on Mars in the past." Same slow way they use to lead us to recognizing the possibility of life on other stars, drip by drip or is it star by star? --How many more "earth-type planets" were found by Kepler last week?

The first time I saw this picture of the cliff face and streaks an ATSer was saying water and Nasa said it was slides.

Last year NASA said it was water but now I get an email "announcing" the find again. I would rather keep my eyes on what people watching find than what NASA tells us. They like all government agencies like to keep anything they learn to themselves for 10-20 years before they tell us.

Anything they tell us they have just found was known for a long long while.

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Char-Lee

People on ATS claimed there is SURFACE water, as in pools of regular water. This is 100% false. NASA is not claiming that is true.

Well I say you are wrong and they know it. Come back and let us talk when they admit to pools of water and fossils.
If ATS is so laughed at why is it still so busy.

When they find fresh water surface pools and fossils let me know. Until then you are wrong. NASA has been 100% consistent with what it says may be on Mars. As has been pointed out, this is not even proof of the salt water melt that NASA says is possible, it could be, it could not be, neither goes against NASA's opinion that it's possible.

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 02:42 PM
link   

When they find fresh water surface pools and fossils let me know. Until then you are wrong.

It does not have to be FRESH, I believe all creatures can evolve to drink salt water.

Ask my husband I am NEVER wrong

top topics

join