It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why I Think God Warned us About Conservatives and Capitalism.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by iRoyalty

People twist and make it fit whatever interpretation they need it for their ideologies.

Jesus was a right wing conservative. *roll eyes*

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 10:47 AM
link   

luciddream

People twist and make it fit whatever interpretation they need it for their ideologies.

The Christ was not a social activist or advocate for massive powerful government to 'solve' all of mans woes.

He was simply the Messiah. Period.

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 10:50 AM
link   

iRoyalty
Everyone who has been for Jesus liking Capitalism has been saying forcing the wealth from the rich to the poor is un-christian but what about the rich forcing money from the poor?

The Christ was never an economy analyst.

He never mentioned a preference for any form of economic system, ever. Not once.

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by TheWrightWing

I didn't say he was, I asked if he would approve.

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 11:29 AM
link   

nenothtu

iRoyalty

--------

TheWrightWing
Left wing ideology demands property be removed from any who they designate as wealthy by force and penalty of law for the greater good and to build a government big enough and powerful enough to impose that will.

--------

Can you source this please? I've never heard of this before.

The Communist Manifesto, Marx and Engels, 1848

"Communism begins from the outset with atheism; but atheism is at first far from being communism;

Marxist‒Leninist Atheism

it's the Russians man I'm tellin' ya!

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 11:31 AM
link   

luciddream

what makes a Conservative "right-wing" ?

a conservative is a conservative... we don't like to divide people up into groups, that's a leftist ideology.

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by SisyphusRide

Another load of troll.

Do you think you're funny, Sis?

I notice you used the old "never heard of 'em" again with Paul. Also, conservatives are "the right side" of politics. It's an arbitrary assignation of a term used in politics, that's all.

Besides that, "conservative" is a subjective term that changes meaning depending on context, which you probably 'never heard of' either, right? Are you actually here to learn?

edit on 12/16/13 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 11:58 AM
link   
My question is still being dodged... Would Jesus approve of this system which bails out rich banks and companies, who dodge tax and put profits before Nature and people? Because the people pushing for this stuff are supposedly 'good christians'.

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

girl the left wing has been brainwashed by the media... so they can have gay sex without feeling the guilt of the majority

it's very simple... a conservative is a conservationist.

a liberal wants to do whatever they want to do without question because there is no god, in fact they are their own god.

the ethics and morals of the left are skewed like the Arab world... where they believe killing is demanded of god and that god actually commands it.

they make a good couple... small narrow-minded unenlightened self-centered worldview, it's not for the greater good, its for the one or the minority.

en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 16-12-2013 by SisyphusRide because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 12:04 PM
link   

He absolutely would not.
Obvi.

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 12:08 PM
link   

.. a conservative is a conservationist.

OMG!!! Seriously?

Um, no. In fact I was going to bring that up in my last reply to you. Sorry, but the "conservatives" are the ones pillaging this planet for their own gain.

CONSERVATIONISTS are we, the much-despised (by conservatives) people who want our lands, oceans, flora and fauna, atmosphere, and nature in general to be cherished and protected, NOT RIPPED APART BY GREEDY, INSENSITIVE dolts. We care about the Earth and Nature and Human suffering.

Good god you are ignorant of so many things!!
Your membership here, sadly, doesn't seem to be doing much for you on that account.

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 12:10 PM
link   

iRoyalty
My question is still being dodged... Would Jesus approve of this system which bails out rich banks and companies, who dodge tax and put profits before Nature and people? Because the people pushing for this stuff are supposedly 'good christians'.

Redistribution of wealth, by force (of law, or mob act) is theft, the 10 commandments are very clear about that.

Taxes are law, which must be followed, but laws can be abused and oppressive.

Taxes for General Welfare in our country are constitutional (Roads, bridges, national defense)

Taxes for Personal Welfare are anti-constitutional (Free cell phones, condoms, junk food, bailouts, crony kickbacks, etc...)

Taxes that enrich individuals is redistribution and theft.

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 12:12 PM
link   

remember AIDS? well it's still around... the liberals didn't save the world there either

whatever happened to saving Africa sis? or how about the seals and polar bears?

forgot about that aye...

just don't forget AIDS comes from gay sex

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Taxes that enrich individuals is redistribution and theft.

WHAT??!!!!!

Making sure people have homes, clothing, clean water, food, and education is "enriching" them? It's providing the bare minimum!

Ugh, don't even bother to answer; I know you are impossibly selfish.

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 12:16 PM
link   

whatever happened to saving Africa sis? or how about the seals and polar bears?

forgot about that aye...

Um, no. And I won't forget that you are hopelessly confrontational and ill-educated on these issues, either.

Oh, and kindly stop calling me "sis" and "girl," junior.

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 12:17 PM
link   

think of it as family planning...

stop breeding ignorance if someone else has to pay for it!

somebody needs to be held accountable...

maybe if we convert all the liberals to gay sex we can solve the problem?

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 12:22 PM
link   
^ there's a real-world problem for the liberal democrats in their own community... but they don't want to do it! forget about it... everything is about me me me.

they want someone else to do it for them! and they'll feel better...

Barack Obama

edit on 16-12-2013 by SisyphusRide because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 12:23 PM
link   

wildtimes

Making sure people have homes, clothing, clean water, food, and education is "enriching" them? It's providing the bare minimum!

Ugh, don't even bother to answer; I know you are impossibly selfish.

Clean water is General Welfare.

Homes, clothes, are material possession of individuals and by natures enriches individuals, That's Personal Welfare paid for by removing property from someone else; Redistribution.

If you feel the need to personally enrich individuals with possessions, well, that's where Charity comes in, which means being generous with your own money, not someone else's.

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 12:25 PM
link   

TheWrightWing is the one who doesn't want to supply condoms or 'planned parenthood' or decent education. You're barking up the wrong tree.

But I get it, here's who you hate:

Atheists
Gays
Muslims
The Poor

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 12:25 PM
link   

the teachers and public schools have failed us!

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join