It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Actions Punishable By Death in the Old Testament

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 11:53 AM
link   

LittleByLittle

Akragon
reply to post by TheWrightWing

Theres only 2 just so you know... the ten hang on the two

Akragon can you give me your view on the ten becoming two commandments?

nope...

but I can give you the truth of the matter...

The two have always been... even before this planet...

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 11:59 AM
link   

windword
The Hebrew war machine was halted by armies that belonged to other nations and gods, like for example, Alexander the Great and the Romans.

where's that part in the history books?

Alexander conquered the Persian Empire... paved the way for Christianity -Iron Maiden

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 12:08 PM
link   

TheWrightWing

olaru12

TheWrightWing

The "next" covenant (step, age, world, etc...) was attempted to be revealed in the writings found in revelations.

ok.....who's interpretation of that symbolic double-speak, bowl of BS do we believe? Yours?

Are you saying the Revelations was not an attempt to peer into and reveal the future?

Is that so.

Apocrypha has nothing to do with validity. Again: Respect the 10 commandments, recognise the Christ as the Messiah.

edit on CST11America/Chicago50Sun, 15 Dec 2013 11:02:59 -06000211113150 by TheWrightWing because: (no reason given)

Some people interpret the 7 lamps as the 7 chakras in the body and the story as a symbolic interpretation of kundalini awakening. To me this makes more sense but I do not know. Maybe revelations is meant to be interpreted in many ways. It is one of those parts of the bible that interest me since it says thing openly that hints on things that are hidden in plain sight.

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 12:09 PM
link   

NihilistSanta
reply to post by FlyersFan

Such a good thing we got away from those "barbaric" beliefs. I know my life is better surrounded by amoral sluts and drunks whose only care in life is material and sensual pleasures. Sure was great growing up in a broken home with godless drunks who cheated on each other.

If only the rest of the world was as enlightened as us westerners then they too could see how great it is to follow every selfish desire at the expense of family and community.

edit on 15-12-2013 by NihilistSanta because: (no reason given)

Much better situation than the other. At least these people are alive. And you choose your family and life experiences before you're born. There are no accidents. Maybe you're meant to become more like your Source/God/Higher Self and be a good influence in the lives of others, spreading the concept of health, joy, abundance, peace and good communications. Maybe you are missing your true calling.....Instead of pointing the finger at others, try pointing it at yourself, and be a good example and fun to be around. A gift to others. That is what earth is about.

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 12:10 PM
link   

SisyphusRide
define "civilized" please...

How's this ...

Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.
- Sigmund Freud

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by windword

the Hebrew and Israelite's just got a nation in 1947

here is the Hebrew war machine for most of human history... the same like most civilized people do with their natives.

"Egyptian representation of a captive shasu"

en.wikipedia.org...
en.wikipedia.org...

there must be a conspiracy I'm not aware of?

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 12:17 PM
link   

LittleByLittle
Some people interpret the 7 lamps as the 7 chakras in the body and the story as a symbolic interpretation of kundalini awakening. To me this makes more sense but I do not know. Maybe revelations is meant to be interpreted in many ways. It is one of those parts of the bible that interest me since it says thing openly that hints on things that are hidden in plain sight.

Its completely open to interpretation (as is all of the Bible), it was clearly an attempt to peer into the future and reveal events.

Understanding the Bible is a good effort to strive towards, there is much universal wisdom in it, but it's not a prerequisite for entrance into the next world.

The Bible is a massively interesting book with a myriad of lessons about life as a human. But the important communication from God to his creation is the new covenant.

I agree, Revelations is a fascinating work.

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 12:23 PM
link   

LittleByLittle

TheWrightWing

olaru12

TheWrightWing

The "next" covenant (step, age, world, etc...) was attempted to be revealed in the writings found in revelations.

ok.....who's interpretation of that symbolic double-speak, bowl of BS do we believe? Yours?

Are you saying the Revelations was not an attempt to peer into and reveal the future?

Is that so.

Apocrypha has nothing to do with validity. Again: Respect the 10 commandments, recognise the Christ as the Messiah.

edit on CST11America/Chicago50Sun, 15 Dec 2013 11:02:59 -06000211113150 by TheWrightWing because: (no reason given)

Now here is the truth of what's really in the bible. The old testament and Christ's example and the meaning of his life, go hand in hand and say the same thing. It could be said if one believed that Christ was a metaphor, that due to the trials that would face Israel and the sacking of their libraries, that Christianity was the sum of the hebrew faith spread out to the world. But then the true authors of the books were gnostics, so they meant this in the true meaning.

There is no smiting God. Everything written is an inner journey and takes place inside of you as you perfect and form the Christ within, and awaken/progress/ascend.

www.spiritofthescripture.com...

Wealth of info here.

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Akragon

LittleByLittle

Akragon

Theres only 2 just so you know... the ten hang on the two

Akragon can you give me your view on the ten becoming two commandments?

nope...

but I can give you the truth of the matter...

The two have always been... even before this planet...

Spoilsport

Why do your words make me think of?

Aad Sach
True in the beginning

Jugaad Sach
True trough all the ages

Hai Bhee Sach
True even now

Nanak Hosee Bhee Sach
Nanak says Truth shall ever be.

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 01:33 PM
link   
So when does 'Thou Shalt Not Kill' finally get adhered to?

No matter what?

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 01:54 PM
link   

signalfire
So when does 'Thou Shalt Not Kill' finally get adhered to?
No matter what?

I"m glad you brought that up.
The supposed 'prophets' of the Old Testament contradict each other.
Do not kill. Do not commit adultery says Moses.

But then they turn around and tell the people to stone each other to death and burn each other to death. And not for major offenses but for things like 'lying about being a virgin'. And Moses tells his soldiers that they can keep teenage girls taken in battle, and you know what THAT is all about! He told them they could have sex toys .. he said that and at the same time he says 'do not commit adultery' or you get stoned to death.

Talk about a bunch of mixed messages ....

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Ok FF .I am going to try and explain it in a comparative way but without using the same examples . If you were to go into a operating room you wouldn't be able to see any germs that you might deem detrimental to you . Now a Doctor may say yes but we need to sanitize the room just to be sure .Even using the best methods and cleansers you may miss one little tiny germ that could end up killing the patient . Sin is a very different beast in that we cant always even see the effects of it . The one thing we can know for sure and only from God is what is sin and what it will do .The end results may not be judged in this life but we know that there will be no sins over looked that God does not judge .

You know it's like a lie ..A lie is a lie and anyone that lies is a liar .We lie to our kids and say oh that is just a little white lie ..bs it's a lie .. We play with sin because we are drawn to it ..it appeals to us because we are sinful creatures .We don't even know every sin we may have committed in the past let alone any that we may commit in the future .

Remember that Jesus said if you think about it in your mind than you have already committed it ..
another thing I don't get from you is that you go through great lengths to say that its all myth and it didn't happen ..You go from one point of proving it didn't happen and was only a myth but then turn around and say well this is what it says and what it means. I dont get that on your part ...peace

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by sk0rpi0n

No not at all ..You can tell your kids what they shouldn't do but that doesn't mean they won't struggle to find a way to not break your law . It just might not be in there power to not though .Dont forget that even bringing our thoughts under control can be very hard ...

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Is conversion a new concept for you?

Summary: One can convert to Judaism.

Jewish tribal law is for anyone who wishes it.

The only time the ancient Hebrews were interested in conversion was when they captured slaves, who had to conform to Hebrew laws. The Hebrews were not missionaries, they were captors and destroyers.

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by the2ofusr1

The punishment doesn't fit the 'crime'.
God didn't tell people to stone each other to death or burn them to death.
And God didn't tell Moses ... do not kill ...
but then turn around and tell Moses to have the people kill each other.
None of it makes sense.

I'm VERY glad that humanity has evolved past old testament laws ...
Those laws were made up by people claiming they came from God.
Nothing good can come of that.

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 02:51 PM
link   

I think there is much more killing going on now a days under law than there ever was back then ...think the two atomic bombs and the invasion of other countries whether overt or covert by a civilization that has a ton of laws ...They even create laws on the go to give them the go ahead to drop bombs on innocent people ...

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by the2ofusr1

That doesn't change the fact that the old laws were wrong and really weren't from God.
Two separate subjects.

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Do you have a theory as to who they were from then as you are ruling out God .

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 03:45 PM
link   

the2ofusr1
Do you have a theory as to who they were from then as you are ruling out God .

You mean .. who were the Old Testament people who claimed to speak for God?

Some were people trying to get ahead so they used religion upon a religious people to do so.
Some were military/political leaders using religion upon a religious people to get their agenda
done.
Some were just plain nutty. And since they had religious delusions, the religious peasants
thought it was authentic.
Some may have been authentic .. at least part of the time .. Daniel, Isaiah ... perhaps.
Some may have been pious and sincere ... wrong ... but pious and sincere in their error.

Who knows. There are many things that could have motivated those people to claim
visions of God when in fact they were not from God.

But the thing is .. a loving God wouldn't tell people one minute 'do not kill' and then
turn around and say 'go stone people to death who tell a lie about being a virgin'.
That simply doesn't make sense.

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 04:09 PM
link   

You do know that as a parent I contradicted myself with my kids ..Once they became adults and could understand why I said the things I said they understood . It was a matter of them not being in the right mindset to understand and even though coming across as a tyrant they later understood that I just loved them .Sometimes I am described as being stubborn but every once in awhile that description gets changed to being determined ..If we had all of the facts we might be able to understand better but God only wants us to trust him ...I know that He is not going to tell me to kill someone but if the God of heaven appeared to you and said kill that person I think you may just have to go along with Him . Dont forget that that would be a all knowing God and not just your imagination but the Real God ..

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join