It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Plan to cap benefit at two children: New mothers with three children would lose £700 in £5bn welfa

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Plan to cap benefit at two children: New mothers with three children would lose £700 in £5bn welfare crackdown

Controversial plans have been drawn up to slash up to £5 billion a year from the welfare bill by limiting child benefit to families’ first two children. Under the proposal, revealed today, families would also lose their entitlement to child tax credit for any more than two children. The change would mean parents with three children, who would currently be entitled to child benefit because their annual income is less than £50,000, would lose out on £696 a year. On top of that, those earning less than £30,000 will also be denied child tax credits worth £2,725 a year – making them in total £65 a week worse off.

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...

I hate this governments ideas with a vengeance most of the time with some of the crazy ideas they come out with except for this one. Too many are have multitudes of children and expect to get money for nothing for them all.
As I understand it, this won't happen until 2015 and those with more than 2 children at this time will still continue to get what they get now. But after that date, they will only get for 2 children only.

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by scotsdavy1

Quite right to! We had two children because that waws all we could afford and that was that. I get reallty angry when I see some women sitting therfe with 5 or 6 kids, mainly with different fathers posing as though they are doing the country a favour. I also get angry when I am told Oh, such and such a culture like to have numerous kids. Fine, but you pay for them - so two is fine for me.

Often this isn 't a question of personal choice because other people have to pay for the big families benefits etc. and exactly who gives them a personal choice.

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Shiloh7

A girl I know has had 5 kids in the past 5 years plus 3 aborted ones since and her and her boyfriend are both on benefits.
Makes me sick when some do that while others live in poverty through no fault of there own, or have a low paid job.

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Yeah, they're doing a great job in getting us to hate on each other whilst they sponge from our well earned taxes. It's great that they are going to stop Child Benefit after 2 children, because it will allow them to Cary on claiming for their £35.00 breakfasts. Are you just as happy that they continue doing this?

Divide and conquer, get us hating each other whilst they, the perpetrators of austerity, carry on living the high life.

There never was a recession in London, they made sure of that, whilst the rest of us have to pay for the lifestyles they have become accustomed to.

But yeah, great idea, I'm sure this will reduce the deficit in no time. When will my taxes be lowered? If we're not spending so much on the welfare bill, just where is the money going?

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Good idea.

Fed up with having to pay for chavs to spawn chavlings.

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Cobaltic1978

I suspect you already know the answer to that one , especially after 'someone else' awarded them a huge pay rise

Unless we all complain and get Cameron recognised and removed for being the lousy PM he actually is IMO, I expect he will continue to serve his royal cousin and buddies in the City and other assorted toffs that he has mixed with all his privileged life. Our entire political system has not grown far from its roots in the Dark/Middle Ages, it is purely set up for the benefit of the same 1%.

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 10:15 AM
link   

The money they are saving by stopping a lot on welfare, pensioners etc are going towards their own huge wage rise due soon. They get paid a small fortune yet have the cheek to ask for expenses and money for electric and gas etc.

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 10:25 AM
link   
in this full up world we live in where all the resources are being used up we are told surely they should be paying you NOT to have children .

just watch the jeremy kyle show and you will see where our tax money is going

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 10:52 AM
link   

geobro
in this full up world we live in where all the resources are being used up we are told surely they should be paying you NOT to have children .

My favourite show 👍😄

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 11:03 AM
link   
I do tend to think that if people cannot afford to have children, they really shouldn't be having them. It's not really the State's job to support peoples children for them, not when we live in an era of readily available free contraception.

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 11:06 AM
link   

geobro

So you believe everything you see on JK? I have watched the show a few times and on at least 2 occasions, I have seen the same person come on with a different problem. I swear many of these people are actors.

Of course, front line services being cut, welfare benefits being cut, children's amenities being closed because Government has cut funding. In the meantime top earners have their tax cut, we bomb the hell out of Libya and were quick to try to persuade us that the same response was required in Libya.

I'm not saying all benefit recipients are genuine, but the welfare bill isn't to blame for the financial situation in this country.

Did you know that there have been in the region of 1300 suicides as a result of genuine disabled people being told by ATOS that they were fit for work and their benefit cut or stopped entirely?

This Government is the worse I have lived under and they do not have a majority, no mandate to do what they are doing. Spiteful, unempathetic snobs, who should never have the responsibility of managing this great country.
edit on 15/12/13 by Cobaltic1978 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Cobaltic1978

geobro

So you believe everything you see on JK? I have watched the show a few times and on at least 2 occasions, I have seen the same person come on with a different problem. I swear many of these people are actors.

Of course, front line services being cut, welfare benefits being cut, children's amenities being closed because Government has cut funding. In the meantime top earners have their tax cut, we bomb the hell out of Libya and were quick to try to persuade us that the same response was required in Libya.

I'm not saying all benefit recipients are genuine, but the welfare bill isn't to blame for the financial situation in this country.

Did you know that there have been in the region of 1300 suicides as a result of genuine disabled people being told by ATOS that they were fit for work and their benefit cut or stopped entirely?

This Government is the worse I have lived under and they do not have a majority, no mandate to do what they are doing. Spiteful, unempathetic snobs, who should never have the responsibility of managing this great country.

What they do now for those that fail the so called ATOS medical in which to need 15 points to pass, is you can appeal the decision. But unlike last year if you appealed, your ESA benefit continued until your appeal was heard.
Now, as soon as you fail, your benefits including housing benefit etc is stopped immediately until they come to a decision whether you can appeal or not.
They don't care if you have no money for food, power or fall behind with your rent.
They don't even tell you, and if you try to phone them, you are on a premium rate number. Even trying to see someone in the local DSS office means phoning one of these numbers just to get an appt.

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 11:20 AM
link   

and that is only 30% of the planned cuts the goverment is going to do i remember a time when the goverment pumped millions into the state run car industry we had and the railways and still had money left over where is it all going

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 11:46 AM
link   

geobro

and that is only 30% of the planned cuts the goverment is going to do i remember a time when the goverment pumped millions into the state run car industry we had and the railways and still had money left over where is it all going

That is the Trillion pound question. Why are we borrowing more today than we were in 2010, yet cutting more and more services. Services that the likes of you and I use, but the likes of politicians do not. The political system is rotten to the core and theTories are masters of this.

Labour proved they weren't really much better and the Lib Dems have proven they have no principles. Doesn't look good for us does it?

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Ahhh the U.K's two Child policy. Welcome to China. Wink.

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 03:46 PM
link   

13th Zodiac

Absolutely agree. I personally believe that child benefit is a helping hand from the state as a thank you for producing the next generation. It's a sign of a civilised country that cherish's it's citizens and wants to ensure that the welfare of their children is a priority.

Unfortunately attacking child benefit will also hit many middle class families. I know an awful lot of middle class couples who have 3-4 children.

It's mainly the working, working class who tend to plan the size of their family in relation to their income. The middle class are as much a target, if not more so, than the non working class.

If we continue to accept their policies and laws, then we are complicit in the demise of middle and lower classes into slavery I'm afraid.

Are we genuinely content with unemployed people being forced to work for large corporations, for free? Are we content with allowing these people to enhance the profits of the very organisations that would love us to be robots?

Sadly, it appears we are.

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 03:05 AM
link   

Cobaltic1978
... a helping hand from the state as a thank you for producing the next generation.

Like an extra helping of oats from the farmer for the goat with kids.

It's not a helping hand for the current generation but a scattering of blood and bone to help the next crop grow tall, healthy, compliant and reliant.

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 03:26 AM
link   
I don't think this government policy yet, just an idea from one mp. One mp who was using tax payers money to heat his horses stable on expenses. I mean we all have horses that need their stables kept warm don't we? Especially at this time of year.

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 03:34 AM
link   
reply to post by scotsdavy1

Yea, no doubt that will fall to one child in a few years time. Gradual impementation of the depopulation of the 99%.

Chine has a one child policy.

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 05:06 AM
link   

13th Zodiac

NO not the same as China's policy .....

You CAN have as many children as you like, as long as YOU pay for them

and don't expect the 'state' to support them .... Its called responsibility not self

indulgence

I had my children before there were benefits for children, I would have liked to have

more but couldn't afford them!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join