It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

why have children?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Anyone know why men would have children?

Not gonna give my reasons. Just because I WOULD have to be the mouth that speaks for those who are so much more intelligible then I'am.
edit on 15-12-2013 by metalholic because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by introspectionist

that is a question that has bothered me since i was young why do people want children it is not like the species is going to vanish i actually think people should not be allowed to have children without a test .

why have 6 children and have them all brought up on the bread line when you can give 1 a better life some people i have seen with children should not even be allowed to have animals to look after .

0 population growth from me and a fellow hermit with a dog following

edit on 15/12/13 by geobro because: cos i can

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by geobro

In a way you just said you are not intelligent or capable through even your requirements to raise children.

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by metalholic

no that was i am not stupid enough to have children
and i am a half dog half cow imagine how xxxx up the kids would be

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by geobro

I think you have a good point there and in most of the developed western nations of the world family sizes remain around 2-3 kids. Why have six when you can only feed two???

Stands to reason people should only have as many children as they can support but I don't see the Pope and/or most other organised religions agreeing with that logical train of thought!

Apparently God hates jimmy hats!
LoL

edit on 15-12-2013 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 04:32 PM
link   

If this is really how you feel about having a wife and family then you absolutely should not.

I taught marriage and child development classes in several colleges for years. If you did have a family your attitude would certainly produce maladjustd children and an unhappy eventually divorced wife.

So .... do the right thing for you and for humanity. Stay happily single.

I don't care that the world wide depopulation means human extinction within 12 generations. If you have children the world would be worse for it. Only people who really want children and spouses should have them.

Your instinct is correct and don't let anyone guilt you into making the world a worse place for some poor woman and the unhappy maladjusted children you might have.

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 04:35 PM
link   

geobro

that is a question that has bothered me since i was young why do people want children it is not like the species is going to vanish i actually think people should not be allowed to have children without a test .

why have 6 children and have them all brought up on the bread line when you can give 1 a better life some people i have seen with children should not even be allowed to have animals to look after .

0 population growth from me and a fellow hermit with a dog following

Your premise is incorrect. Humans are on the path to extinction in 12 generations or less.

All industrialized countries are below replacement race, even Mexico is barely sustaining replacement rate. The countries that do have high birth rate have astronomical mortality rates that cancel out the birth rates.

However, no one who doesn't want a child should have one, and I mean no one. The world would be better off without miserable human beings just for the sake of non-extinction.

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 06:43 PM
link   
I totally agree with Socrates. A lot of blind people in the world. And nothing you say to them makes any difference. That's what the Zionists realized. That's why I think the Zionists are the "philosopher kings" that Socrates talks about.

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 08:11 AM
link   
if humans carry on the way they are at the moment 7+ billion all going hell for leather to churn out children like toys on a production line so their goverments get the tax to build a bigger army so they can be the big cheese at the end of the day .

is a country like india or china which have massive populations in poverty fighting for space and resources if you were in some mud hut with no light and no water no medical and no future would you really want children if you can have access to birth control .

some people are to busy looking at the shadow in the cave to see the real picture my genes die with me .

go forth and multiply --- no thanks gowd my universe is at the end and no bang

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by geobro

You make a good point.

The powers that be - wanted to reduce the surplus population and they have exceeded their wildest dreams of a rapid decline in population. To the point of a rapidly approaching extenction of the human species.

According to enviormentalists this is a fantastic thing. I won't be around so it won't affect me or even my grandchildren. However, my grandchildren will be faced with supporting an enourmous population of aging people - you the reader here will be the albatross's - who will be paneled into oblivion because of a lack of resources to care for you by the dwindling human population. Adios! and enjoy your early but fairly healthy managed death.

But the elitists who pushed this are in for a big surprise. There will be no one left to serve them and the ones who survive will end up genetic weaklings through inbreeding and will end up in the extinction pool with everyone else.

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by grandmakdw

i think the best decision i have made so far is not to have children looking at the mindless drones that are walking about at the moment like extras from a doctor who set thinking the world owes them a living respecting not their mother .

something tells me they are in for a big shock maybe in my lifetime and maybe they deserve it

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 12:40 PM
link   
We only want to depopulate the ones who can't get with the program. The program has to evolve because the elite are evolving the old ways of going about the same agenda are coming to an end. If people don't figure out what the main objective is and remain ignorant to whats going on then we have to de-pop them.

Society is at the apex where we have to decide if we are worthy of the rewards to come. And if not who is and who ain't.

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 07:16 AM
link   

I was the guy who was ascending as you are, the guy never to get married (never married) or have children. We had a little boy. But I spent all my time reading philosophy, spiritual books, searching, learning and elevating as a human being. I can count the serious relationships in my life on one hand. I am in my mid forties.

Don't get me wrong, I can say with confidence that I am beginning again, like a recycled engine that just been upgraded. I compete in one of the toughest sports in the world, I can say with confidence that may be taken the wrong way that through my training helps radiate confidence and I have no absolute problem with the ladies, I love women, they are wonderful creatures whether good or bad.

I have been blessed with great genes, I was part of a franchise and trained women throughout my career, young 20 year olds would make aggressive advances at me, then I would switch with another trainer, keep it real. To add to the list I am an accomplished drummer, and perform and write for my creative outlets blending with my training with former and current Olympians.

The reason I share this with you is, I was at a place similar to you and thought I was elevating and I was, but let me say this, The moment I found out that my ex girlfriend was pregnant (nothing planned) I was ecstatic.......

Having a child changes your perception ten fold, and hands you a new experience that the national debt cannot pay for.....trust me!
My son is just about to turn four, and I have never realized that all I learned in the past has just been elevated through having a child that I stare in wonderment when he sleeps, plays, and talks and there is absolutely nothing more powerful, than driving an hour to pick him up at school Pre K and his teacher opens the door and he see's daddy and runs into my arms.

This is why I remain single is I enjoy my moments with my son, for now at least. Having a child helps up adults create a better future the best we can. The most amazing gift that life has to offer, I would love to share one picture of my son so maybe most will get it, but I don't think I have that option now......Just my 2 cents keep learning my friend

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 05:32 PM
link   
As far as the idea that the world isn't safe for children:

Humans have been on the verge of extinction for the past 10,000 years, and probably a lot longer. Lord knows the hominids as a type have not fared well evolutionarily. On the other hand, children are such that they can survive a great deal of hardship and still grow up to be well adjusted. World-wide they survive drought, famine, wars and plagues. The rest is just "first world problems."

As to "why have children."

1) It's lots of fun

2) It is the most intensely satisfying adventure life has to offer. Watching and sharing with someone else, over decades, as they learn to master walking, then speech, then finding a career, falling in love. All of it. It is a lesson in phenomenology. It'll make you question all your assumptions, if you are the questing type.

3) I'm a good parent, and it is worth it passing on our parenting skills to the next generation.

4. The love is so intense. I love my wife more than my kids; but she definitely loves them more than me. I'm OK with that. I think it's the natural order of things. Now, with all that said, my wife and I are uncommonly close, for Americans. We are still ravishingly in love with each other after 20 years. And next to that, the relationship I have with my kids is incredible too. They often think like me, in a way my wife doesn't. They even voice philosophy in ways that sound like me; so much that friends of mine laugh, when they look at the world just like their old man. And my wife.... how much closer could it be for a mother, than the person who once lived inside you, and then drew life from your breast for two years. now that's intimate, dude.

5. Seriously, some of the closest moments in my life include:

-teaching my oldest son to hunt. There are just no words for that level of almost psychic understanding.
-teaching my 2nd eldest daughter to cook traditional (German) pastry for Christmas.
-talking with my oldest daughter about what she will look for in a husband. (sigh).
-watching the littlest one learn to walk, overcoming special needs to do so. He looked like a marine crawling under the barbed wire in boot camp. God love him. I kept thinking that was what Nietzsche meant when he wrote about the "will to power." That little man BECAME the force of overcoming his disability. For him, it was like slaying a dragon or something.

I think God created us to watch us overcome adversity. Especially the adversity in ourselves. Watching people grow up eases the pain of watching my father as he grows old and nears death.

6) my family is incredibly close, and multi-generational, with nephews, nieces and cousins who live with us for periods as they flee the economic oppression of the blue states and come to Texas to seek a better life. There's nothing like being the Dad of a large family, sitting at the head of all tables as we pray and eat. There is no word for that feeling of accomplishment and satisfaction.

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Not everyone is meant to have children or get married. For many, such as yourself the path to spiritual enlightenment is the right and only way. More power to you if that is for you.

I have to say though, the thought of having kids repulsed me, I thought I hated kids but then I had them. They are the best thing that has ever come into my life. I would take a blade to the heart for either of them and previous to having kids I would have to say I was one of the most selfish individuals that ever was.

Point is, you might come to realize you are exactly where you are suppossed to be, on a spiritual path. But, you might find yourself one day changing your mind. You never know what will happen till it does, so do not count all things out.

You ask why you should have kids? Maybe you should not but I can honestly say that children really are a blessing. I use to tell my mom "I love you" and she would say "I love you more". I never understood that until now.

edit on 7-2-2014 by brandiwine14 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by brandiwine14

In reply of Brandiwine14...............

I too was selfish, never saw it coming, so rewarding on so many levels.
Never thought I would spend weekends playing and educating my 4 years old son. One day I was walking a trail in a mountain, the next I am holding a baby boy....you never know!

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 12:46 PM
link   

rockoperawriter

as a married man with no kids because i don't want to bring my children into where i'm living now i'm with my wife just simply because she and i genuinely feel a very deep love within eachother. i was 21 when i met her and before then i was all like "i have a feeling i am going to die alone" until one day at guitar center, there she was, and there i was. try a guitar center

I live in "music city" Maryland. I should start hanging out in guitar centers. LOL

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join