It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is everything the way it is?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Thecakeisalie
reply to post by muzzleflash

Super Natural?

Well if something "Exists", than it's "Natural" correct?

Isn't "Super" just an opinion ? What if I said "All Natural Things are Super" ?

Good point, it's like saying "ATM machine" or "irregardless", but that begs the question; what better words can describe the supernatural, or paranormal?

Nevertheless the terms have taken root and there's no going back. I prefer 'anomaly' or 'high strangeness'.

What about the term synchronous?

edit on 15-12-2013 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by radkrish

If it were different, you'd ask the same question. So it's moot.
Anyway, here's your answer: Because.

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by midicon

It may appear silly to YOU

Scientists are after the same thing: Why is everything the way it is

Their method is widely known. Mine is more philosophical. So it may sound silly.

edit on 16-12-2013 by radkrish because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Reality is determined by the majority believing it to be true, a dog is a dog because that is what you have been conditioned to believe a dog to be.

When I look at a dog, if you could see through my eyes and see what I see the way I see it, it may not be a dog to you at all the way you have been trained or conditioned to see it....

Imagine being color-blind and having to learn about colors, like streetlights, they are always arranged in the same way. Red on top, yellow in the middle, green on the bottom for those who cannot sense color.

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 10:18 AM
link   

The title of the thread is 'Why is everything the way it is?'
And then you speak of what is in imagination.

UFOs are not people´s imagination. Period. And it is not irrelevant to the title. Very strange and bizarre crafts that challenges out understanding of reality. I don´t want to write a whole story. So I cited ufos as an example of the way things are.

Actually, there is quite a bit of evidence to suggest that UFOs are intelligently controlled.

This is reality.

Reality is subjective.

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by radkrish

I know it is not polite to answer a question with a question BUT;
If everything was 180 degrees different than they are now, how could you tell the difference?

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Forget about the label ´supernatural´. My point is that there is a high degree of strangeness to reality itself. This is why we term it super-natural. Because we ain´t got those attributes.

So how did these beings ´acquire´ such abilities? The one idea I could come up with is that consciousness itself is split-up as different states. What we experience as reality is totally mundane compared to some highly advanced life from a different place. They may not even think or act like us. Their native consciousness could be wired completely differently. That will explain the strangeness of the ufo phenomenon.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join