It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spirituality as Costume

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 11:12 PM
link   

BDBinc
So the insane just think their opinion is spirituality.

No, everybody thinks that their spirituality is divine even if it is just insanity.

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Aphorism
reply to post by Itisnowagain

I do not strive to be any thing.
It is not about destroying ideas but actually seeing what an idea is. Symbols and signs and concepts build a simulated world apart from reality - didn't you read a book about something along those lines?

By not labelling oneself as some 'thing', one has not taken up a belief system.

But you do strive to be no-thing.

There are no things. There are signs and symbols which build an abstract world.

edit on 27-12-2013 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 01:27 AM
link   

daskakik

BDBinc
So the insane just think their opinion is spirituality.

No, everybody thinks that their spirituality is divine even if it is just insanity.

How can you speak to me of what 'everybody' thinks about their opinion, I know my opinion is not divine, I am part of everybody so yours is a wrong assumption.
Are you still meaning the OP's definition of spirituality (an opinion or a display of opinion), the OP thinks his opinion is divine?

daskakik

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 02:58 AM
link   

Aphorism

The interviewer even timidly asks Osho this in his video, but Osho responds quickly "It isn't a belief system", without explaining why it isn't.
I heard him say - "It deprogrammes people and does not program them - it leaves them clean - with no writing on them, just the way they were born - innocent." He says his function is to 'deprogram' (remove belief).

However, Osho is being spiritual by creating these principles, conceptualizing them, giving birth to them, talking about them and believing them and applying them. Like Buddha, like itsnowagain, like Socrates, like Hitler, he is expressing his ideology.

No one (not Osho not Buddha not Jesus) created or gave birth to nothingness.
Nothinngness cannot be applied or believed in.
Nothing cannot be destroyed.

Is reality a thing?

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 07:46 AM
link   

BDBinc
I know my opinion is not divine, I am part of everybody so yours is a wrong assumption.

It isn't complicated. Whatever you consider divine/spiritual/higher truth could just be an opinion/belief/conviction that you have, because it isn't necesarily the truth.

You believe you are part of everybody. If that isn't the truth then your spirituality is just an opinion. If that happens to be true then, the spirituality of everybody that believes in absolute individuality is just an opinion.

Are you still meaning the OP's definition of spirituality (an opinion or a display of opinion), the OP thinks his opinion is divine?

Do you really not understand what it means to be speaking in general terms?

edit on 27-12-2013 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 11:21 AM
link   

There are no things. There are signs and symbols which build an abstract world.

There are no things...except signs and symbols and abstract worlds? Apparently these things bother you enough.

I heard him say - "It deprogrammes people and does not program them - it leaves them clean - with no writing on them, just the way they were born - innocent." He says his function is to 'deprogram' (remove belief).

The tabula rasa is a belief that there is no innate knowledge. It is a belief that we are innocent and clean without belief systems. It is a belief that we should be like we were when we were born. It is a belief that we are nothing. No beliefs are destroyed in this process. Beliefs are formed in this process.

No one (not Osho not Buddha not Jesus) created or gave birth to nothingness.
Nothinngness cannot be applied or believed in.
Nothing cannot be destroyed.

Is reality a thing?

All concepts are created.
Nothingness is applied and believed in by yourself.
Nothing is destroyed when there is something in its place.

Is reality a nothing?

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Aphorism
Is reality a nothing?

Is reality immaterial?

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Is reality immaterial?

What is your opinion?

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Aphorism

Is reality immaterial?

What is your opinion?

You wrote 'Is reality a nothing?'

I'd say poor grammar for one so hung up on words.

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 11:41 AM
link   

You wrote:

'Is reality a thing?

A rhetorical question meets a rhetorical question. Your socratic irony falls at your feet rendered useless.

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 12:58 PM
link   

daskakik

BDBinc
I know my opinion is not divine, I am part of everybody so yours is a wrong assumption.

It isn't complicated. Whatever you consider divine/spiritual/higher truth could just be an opinion/belief/conviction that you have, because it isn't necesarily the truth.

You believe you are part of everybody. If that isn't the truth then your spirituality is just an opinion. If that happens to be true then, the spirituality of everybody that believes in absolute individuality is just an opinion.

Do you really not understand what it means to be speaking in general terms?

I asked the OP to define what he was referring to when he talks about Hitler's spirituality and he did, so I am to am just speaking about opinion and the display of opinion. How unfortunate it is that Hitler's ideas/opinion are being painted by the OP as his higher truth (its just Hitler's opinion ). Can you not see the problems in the idea of opinions being taken as spirituality (when the OP cannot recognize insanity or truth).
Hitler's opinion was just Hitler's opinion (but the OP thinks Hitler's opinion is a higher truth so he calls it spirituality )but it is not. Murdering is not a display of spirituality.

You told me what everybody thinks, If I am a mindbody and I don't think what you say everybody thinks your statement is wrong.

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by BDBinc

I asked the OP to define what he was referring to when he talks about Hitler's spirituality and he did, so I am to am just speaking about opinion and the display of opinion. How unfortunate it is that Hitler's ideas/opinion are being painted by the OP as his higher truth (its just Hitler's opinion ). Can you not see the problems in the idea of opinions being taken as spirituality (when the OP cannot recognize insanity or truth).
Hitler's opinion was just Hitler's opinion (but the OP thinks Hitler's opinion is a higher truth so he calls it spirituality )but it is not. Murdering is not a display of spirituality.

It was Hitler's higher truth. Not mine. He talked about spiritual matters and thought it was a "higher truth", just like you do. He didn't accept the opinions of others, just like you. He put his spirituality, his "higher truths" before other people, just like you are doing to me. You would see me compared to Hitler, a genocidal dictator, before you allow me to have an opinion that differs. You are acting out Hitler's spirituality when I'm merely talking about it.

I think you're having a hard time dealing with the facts here and will chalk it up to your anger in hearing an opinion that you don't agree with. Luckily for the world, you will unlikely gather enough power to act on your "higher truths".

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 01:58 PM
link   

BDBinc

The OP didn't say that he thinks Hitler's opinion was higher truth. He said that Hitler thought it was.

You told me what everybody thinks, If I am a mindbody and I don't think what you say everybody thinks your statement is wrong.

C'mon don't tell me your going to get hung up on figures of speech.

Obviously I can't know what everybody thinks. The statement was pointing out that many, if not all, people hold the ideas upon which they base their religious/spiritual/moral beliefs above the mundane.

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 03:19 PM
link   

daskakik

BDBinc

The OP didn't say that he thinks Hitler's opinion was higher truth. He said that Hitler thought it was.

C'mon don't tell me your going to get hung up on figures of speech.

Obviously I can't know what everybody thinks. The statement was pointing out that many, if not all, people hold the ideas upon which they base their religious/spiritual/moral beliefs above the mundane.
I see you are now grouping different ideas/opinions of religious/moral AND spiritual together.
Where else is these ideas/opinions on morality and religion applied if not in this world( being mundane)
When you start telling me what everybody thinks and I don't think it then I am free to correct you .

The OP said Hitler's opinion was his spirituality (read his post again).
The OP did not say Hitler was insane or that Hitler thought his opinion was his spirituality.

My point is that idea/opinions are not spirituality .

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 03:28 PM
link   

BDBinc
I see you are now grouping different ideas/opinions of religious/moral AND spiritual together.

Because they are similar in nature.

Where else is these ideas/opinions on morality and religion applied if not in this world( being mundane)

And?

When you start telling me what everybody thinks and I don't think it then I am free to correct you .

And when you correct me because you can't identify a figure of speech then I feel free to point out that that is all it was.

The OP did not say Hitler was insane or that Hitler thought his opinion was his spirituality.

Actually he says it in plain english in his last post.

Great and that is what this thread is saying in part. Don't know why you continue to disagree.

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Aphorism

Aphorism

It was Hitler's higher truth. He didn't accept the opinions of others, just like you. He put his spirituality, his "higher truths" before other people, just like you are doing to me. You would see me compared to Hitler, a genocidal dictator, before you allow me to have an opinion that differs. You are acting out Hitler's spirituality when I'm merely talking about it.

Enlighten me, what was Hitler’s “higher truth” that you are now referring to?

How do you know that Hitler thought his opinion WAS his spirituality (he did not say it was). These are just your thoughts about what you think Hitler thought.
You stated, for Hitler, that Hitler’s opinion was his spirituality .
Are you a spokesman?

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 03:57 PM
link   

daskakik

BDBinc

Because they are similar in nature.

And?

And when you correct me because you can't identify a figure of speech then I feel free to point out that that is all it was.

Actually he says it in plain english in his last post.

Great and that is what this thread is saying in part. Don't know why you continue to disagree.

If the thread had said Hitler's" brand of opinion and display of opinion" was not his "spirituality" obviously I would not feel compelled to continue to disagree.
Opinions and displays of opinions are not spirituality but this what the OP defined as Hitler's spirituality.

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by BDBinc

How do you know that Hitler thought his opinion WAS his spirituality (he did not say it was). These are just your thoughts about what you think Hitler thought.
Are you a spokesman?

If you read the OP, I quoted a couple of Hitler's opinions on spiritual matters. There are many more. So please, enlighten yourself. Let's see if you can grasp these simple truths before we talk about the higher ones.

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by BDBinc

So you want to force us to only use your defenition of spirituality even though the definition offered by the OP fits well within the context of the thread.

You can't even be bothered to try to understand how it is being used in this thread.

Not much point in continuing down this path.

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Aphorism
reply to post by BDBinc

Are you a spokesman?

If you read the OP, I quoted a couple of Hitler's opinions on spiritual matters. There are many more. So please, enlighten yourself. Let's see if you can grasp these simple truths before we talk about the higher ones.

I cannot find Hitler's "higher truth" anywhere in your post so can you tell me what it was?

How do you know that Hitler thought that his opinion WAS his spirituality ?

edit on 27-12-2013 by BDBinc because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join