It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spirituality as Costume

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2013 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Itisnowagain

What is speech made of?

Someone speaking.

What is hearing made of?

Someone hearing.

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 01:27 AM
link   

daskakik
reply to post by Astrocyte

I think these posts drive the OP's point home.

Those ranting against just missed it because they are busy trying to distance their "spirituality" from Hitler's.

I think not. Like the OP you are free to have your opinion as Hitlers.
Trying to point out the distance from the OP's idea of having (Hitler's) a brand of opinion, or their displayed opinion, as their spirituality(which was clearly what the OP defined his spirituality as).

You may have missed the OP's definition of spirituality in the thread.
The OP's has 'accidentally' switched spirituality with an opinion ( or a display of opinion), in his said attempt to "tarnish" spirituality.
Now he does not like the associations he has created by saying Hitler's opinion( and display of opinion) is his.
Mein dumpff.
The OP's suggested reading for spirituality/opinion is Hitler's autobiography .

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 04:09 AM
link   
reply to post by BDBinc

Trying to point out the distance from the OP's idea of having (Hitler's) a brand of opinion, or their displayed opinion, as their spirituality(which was clearly what the OP defined his spirituality as).

The OP's has 'accidentally' switched spirituality with an opinion ( or a display of opinion), in his said attempt to "tarnish" spirituality.
Now he does not like the associations he has created by saying Hitler's opinion( and display of opinion) is his.
Mein dumpff.
The OP's suggested reading for spirituality/opinion is Hitler's autobiography .

You're being dishonest and a little spiteful it seems. Is this the extent of your spirituality? Lies and hypocrisy? It seems your costume controls you instead of the other way around.

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 04:29 AM
link   

Aphorism
Is this the extent of your spirituality? Lies and hypocrisy? It seems your costume controls you instead of the other way around.

Spirit belongs to no one.

Reading this thread it seems that you think spiritual means holding a belief - it is really about destroying all beliefs.
I will share this video to show that when one finds one is nothing at all then one will know what 'spirit' is (no writing in them, no symbols and signs).

edit on 26-12-2013 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 10:37 AM
link   

BDBinc

I think the point is that in the end they are all just opinions.

I don't think the OP defined spirituality but, instead, pointed out that spirituality can be nothing more than an opinion artificially pumped up to "absolute truth".

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Reading this thread it seems that you think spiritual means holding a belief - it is really about destroying all beliefs.
I will share this video to show that when one finds one is nothing at all then one will know what 'spirit' is (no writing in them, no symbols and signs).

Yes I am saying everyone has beliefs and opinions. Osho has beliefs and opinions. As do you.

But what about destroying "spirituallity"? Why do you not destroy it?

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Aphorism

Yes I am saying everyone has beliefs and opinions. Osho has beliefs and opinions. As do you.
This is a belief.

But what about destroying "spirituallity"? Why do you not destroy it?

How can nothing be destroyed?
Nothing was never born and nothing will never die and all apparent things appear and disappear in it.

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 12:01 PM
link   

This is a belief.

Yes. I too am a part of everyone. As are you. As is Osho. As is Hitler. We all have opinions and beliefs.

How can nothing be destroyed?

Create something in it's place.

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Aphorism
Create something in it's place.

Nothing dresses up in a costume.
But it is still nothing dressed up as something.

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 12:14 PM
link   

In your striving to be spiritual, to destroy ideas, why do you not destroy your belief system of "nothing"? I am legitimately curious and I am writing a thread about it.

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Aphorism

In your striving to be spiritual, to destroy ideas, why do you not destroy your belief system of "nothing"? I am legitimately curious and I am writing a thread about it.

I do not strive to be any thing.
It is not about destroying ideas but actually seeing what an idea is. Symbols and signs and concepts build a simulated world apart from reality - didn't you read a book about something along those lines?

By not labelling oneself as some 'thing', one has not taken up a belief system.

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 01:55 PM
link   

daskakik

BDBinc

I think the point is that in the end they are all just opinions.

I don't think the OP defined spirituality but, instead, pointed out that spirituality can be nothing more than an opinion artificially pumped up to "absolute truth".

The OP did define what spirituality means to him "in a nutshell" .
Since you agree with the OP, tell me how do you think spirituality can be an opinion or a display of opinion?
I think you too are confusing 'pumped up ' idealism with spirituality.

Aphorism
reply to post by BDBinc

What did hitler hold onto a bit too long? His satanism or his will to power?
What is your definition of spirituality(Ie what you are talking about/meaning)?

Yes, he held on to his brand of opinions, his spirituality, and what he thought were truths worth striving for, but which proved more immaterial than the very material things he destroyed to reach them. Spirituality in a nut shell.

After saying bearded men are lazy, and not even bothering to watch the u tube videos the OP just randomly posted on the thread, he defined spirituality as a " brand of opinions".
His definition later changed to include the ' display ' of a "brand of opinions" which as we know Hitler's were the murder of gay, disabled, polish and jewish people.
Hitler's will to power, hate,ideas of separatism, racism and violence is not spirituality.
Under the OP's definition of spirituality as "brand of opinion" or display of brand of opinion, hate crimes would be seen as 'spirituality' to him.
I don't doubt that the OP really believes that his spirituality is his brand of opinion.

)
:

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 01:59 PM
link   

I do not strive to be any thing.
It is not about destroying ideas but actually seeing what an idea is. Symbols and signs and concepts build a simulated world apart from reality - didn't you read a book about something along those lines?

By not labelling oneself as some 'thing', one has not taken up a belief system.

But you do strive to be no-thing. You label yourself nothing. You label yourself as being without beliefs, pre-conceptual, in the now, "awareness". These are entirely conceptual claims.

The interviewer even timidly asks Osho this in his video, but Osho responds quickly "It isn't a belief system", without explaining why it isn't. But it is. It is an ideology. If it wasn't a belief system, it wouldn't matter if we called it "nothing" or "something". I think we can both agree that what we call it changes nothing.

However, Osho is being spiritual by creating these principles, conceptualizing them, giving birth to them, talking about them and believing them and applying them. Like Buddha, like itsnowagain, like Socrates, like Hitler, he is expressing his ideology.

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by BDBinc

After saying bearded men are lazy, and not even bothering to watch the u tube videos the OP just randomly posted on the thread, he defined spirituality as a " brand of opinions".
His definition later changed to include the ' display ' of a "brand of opinions" which as we know Hitler's were the murder of gay, disabled, polish and jewish people.
Hitler's will to power, hate,ideas of separatism, racism and violence is not spirituality.
Under the OP's definition of spirituality as "brand of opinion" or display of brand of opinion, hate crimes would be seen as 'spirituality' to him.
I don't doubt that the OP really believes that his spirituality is his brand of opinion.

I appreciate your opinion on spirituality.

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 03:18 PM
link   

BDBinc
Since you agree with the OP, tell me how do you think spirituality can be an opinion or a display of opinion?

You have it backwards. Opinions can come to be someones spirituality.

That was the whole point it, people can confuse one for the other.

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 04:37 PM
link   

daskakik

BDBinc

You have it backwards. Opinions can come to be someones spirituality.

That was the whole point it, people can confuse one for the other.

Yes I would agree that he has confused opinions with spirituality.

The OP said his opinions ARE spirituality, not that opinions can BECOME spirituality.

How do opinions become spirituality?

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by BDBinc

They "are" only if they have "become".

They become when the person believes that his opinion is a higher truth.

This doesn't change the nature of the opinion just its importance in that persons mind. Once this happens the person is ready to fight and/or die for their spirituality.

I'm sure that you have a different definition of spirituality in mind but, that would just be your opinion of what spirituality is, not "spirituality" in the general sense that the OP used it.
edit on 26-12-2013 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 09:35 PM
link   

daskakik
reply to post by BDBinc

They "are" only if they have "become".

They become when the person believes that his opinion is a higher truth.

This doesn't change the nature of the opinion just its importance in that persons mind. Once this happens the person is ready to fight and/or die for their spirituality.

I'm sure that you have a different definition of spirituality in mind but, that would just be your opinion of what spirituality is, not "spirituality" in the general sense that the OP used it.
edit on 26-12-2013 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

Opinions are spirituality only if they have become what?

Do you think that if a person believes his opinion is a higher truth it becomes spirituality regardless of the opinion/sanity of the man?
So you think Hitler's ideas/opinion is spirituality as you must believe a baby rapist's idealism is 'spirituality'.
I still disagree with the pair of you.
People fight and die for many reasons/causes but not for spirituality.
Spirituality is not an opinion. Thats just my opinion and its not spirituality.
The OP is not talking about spirituality as clearly he is talking about opinions.

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 10:36 PM
link   

BDBinc

That persons spirituality.

Do you think that if a person believes his opinion is a higher truth it becomes spirituality regardless of the opinion/sanity of the man?

No, they think that.

So you think Hitler's ideas/opinion is spirituality as you must believe a baby rapist's idealism is 'spirituality'.

I think that was the basic idea.

The OP is not talking about spirituality as clearly he is talking about opinions.

Sure, because your talking about a spirituality as a set of specific ideals and not in general terms.

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 11:09 PM
link   

daskakik

BDBinc

That persons spirituality.

No, they think that.

I think that was the basic idea.

Sure, because your talking about a spirituality as a set of specific ideals and not in general terms.

So the insane just think their opinion is spirituality.

I am talking about the OP's opinion that Hitler's (& his ) opinion is his spirituality.
I am talking about the OP's & Hitler's opinions and not about( general or specific) spirituality .

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join