It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spirituality as Costume

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by dominicus

Yeah, I've done that a long time ago. It wasn't as exciting as I expected. Enlightenment is only mediocre.

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by tencap77

Repetition does not prove anything. A reasonable argument does.

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Aphorism
reply to post by BDBinc

Sorry, but, is it going to be your duty to tell people what spirituality is? That sounds like a dreadful task. Next you're going tell me how less spiritual I am and how more spiritual you are.

If you don't mind answering—what is spirituality?

Don't tell me what my duty is.

It was your task on your thread to tell people what spirituality in context means to you( which we have discovered means to you a personal opinion and egotistical ideas .

I am not the one telling people "spirituality is a costume" referring to Hitlers( secret society's) personal opinions and egotistical ideas (and telling people that bearded men are lazy).

I am not going to tell you anything of the sort.

edit on 16-12-2013 by BDBinc because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Aphorism

Yeah, I've done that a long time ago. It wasn't as exciting as I expected. Enlightenment is only mediocre.

I don't know if you did or if you didn't, however I do know that you post out a lot here and are still posing questions, wrestling with concepts & ideas, wondering yourself about things. Because of that, I can conclude one of two things, though maybe even both of those are assumptions. The first is that you didn't really reach enlightenment in the first place because your still posting. The second is, you have, but there is still the prankster/joker sub-personality that finds comfort in the posts.

But what do I know? Nothing really

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by BDBinc

I didn't...I asked. Don't tell me what I can and cannot tell you.

It was your task on your thread to tell people what spirituality in context means to you( which we have discovered means to you a personal opinion and egotistical ideas .

I am not the one telling people "spirituality is a costume" referring to Hitlers( secret society's) personal opinions and egotistical ideas (and telling people that bearded men are lazy).

Because your opinion on spirituality is no different than anyone else's—it is still an opinion. I would hope you would allow people their opinion.
edit on 16-12-2013 by Aphorism because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 03:31 PM
link   

I don't know if you did or if you didn't, however I do know that you post out a lot here and are still posing questions, wrestling with concepts & ideas, wondering yourself about things. Because of that, I can conclude one of two things, though maybe even both of those are assumptions. The first is that you didn't really reach enlightenment in the first place because your still posting. The second is, you have, but there is still the prankster/joker sub-personality that finds comfort in the posts.

But what do I know? Nothing really

I do not see a use for it personally. I enjoy not knowing. But I guess it takes one to know one.

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Aphorism
reply to post by BDBinc

I didn't...I asked. Don't tell me what I can and cannot tell you.

Because your opinion on spirituality is no different than anyone else's—it is still an opinion. I would hope you would allow people their opinion.
edit on 16-12-2013 by Aphorism because: (no reason given)

No one can 'allow' you your opinions.
But you can try to recognize that your definition on spirituality as Hitler's "personal opinions" and egotistical ideas is not everyone else's ( and no one is stopping you from mixing up concepts -its all part of your personal opinion and egotistical ideas).
Saying that everyone defines spirituality the same as you do is egotistical.

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by BDBinc

Exactly. Then why do you tell me I'm wrong?

Hitler concerned himself with matters of spirituality. Read Mein Kempf. Do you concern yourself with matters of spirituality?

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Aphorism
reply to post by BDBinc

Exactly. Then why do you tell me I'm wrong?

Hitler concerned himself with matters of spirituality. Read Mein Kempf. Do you concern yourself with matters of spirituality?

You are wrong to assume everyone defines spirituality as you do.
I do not think spirituality is Hitler's personal opinion.

You have read one best seller book on Hitler and now you think you know what Hitler concerned himself with, and you say that was his personal opinions.

Such as that men with beards are lazy, I call it ignorance, but you call it your personal opinion(which to you is your "spirituality").
I am not concerned with changing the ideas of people who use "shock value " to draw attention to their personal opinions.

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by BDBinc

I specifically wrote in the OP that everyone has different opinions about what spirituality is, not that everyone's personal opinion is "spirituality". You can re-read it again if you'd like.

"Spirituality is Hitler's personal opinion?" This is a conspiracy site and all, but that's the craziest thing I've read here in a long time. Thanks for the laugh.

You have read one best seller book on Hitler and now you think you know what Hitler concerned himself with, and you say that was his personal opinions.

Mein Kempf was written by Hitler in Hitler's own words with Hitler's own pen. So yes, the entire book is his personal opinion.

And no I've read many "bestseller books" on Hitler, and every leader during that period. So what else can you make up?

Such as that men with beards are lazy, I call it ignorance, but you call it your personal opinion(which to you is your "spirituality").

It's called humor. I have a beard if it makes you feel any better.

I am not concerned with changing the ideas of people who use "shock value " to draw attention to their personal opinions.

..Could have fooled me. It seems you are very concerned what my opinions are; you are spending plenty of energy trying to tell me I'm wrong. If you're not concerned, by all means, concern yourself elsewhere.

Or we can have an actual conversation: What is spirituality to you?

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Aphorism
reply to post by BDBinc

I specifically wrote in the OP that everyone has different opinions about what spirituality is, not that everyone's personal opinion is "spirituality". You can re-read it again if you'd like.

"Spirituality is Hitler's personal opinion?" This is a conspiracy site and all, but that's the craziest thing I've read here in a long time. Thanks for the laugh.

Mein Kempf was written by Hitler in Hitler's own words with Hitler's own pen. So yes, the entire book is his personal opinion.

And no I've read many "bestseller books" on Hitler, and every leader during that period. So what else can you make up?

It's called humor. I have a beard if it makes you feel any better.

..Could have fooled me. It seems you are very concerned what my opinions are; you are spending plenty of energy trying to tell me I'm wrong. If you're not concerned, by all means, concern yourself elsewhere.

Or we can have an actual conversation: What is spirituality to you?

To understand your thread YOUR meaning of spirituality was necessary .
You are still saying your own personal opinion, like Hitlers personal opinion, is spirituality .
Why is that Hitler's personal opinion and your own is "spirituality". What is it that makes Hitler's and your opinions spirituality?
I just asked a different person if they thought their personal opinion was spirituality they said that their personal opinion is just that, their opinion and that there was "nothing remotely spiritual" about their personal opinion.
I agree personal opinion is just that, its just a personal opinion.

Rudolph Hess wrote the book you are promoting Mein Kempf, Hitler dictated to him while in jail.

I have told you where you are wrong. I can love truth and be totally unconcerned with your personal opinion(which you think is your spirituality).
Your thread is on how Hitler's( & your )personal opinions are your "spirituality" .
I think you even disclosed that you wanted to tarnish the concept of 'spirituality' with Hitler's personal opinions, how very Hitlery.

If you haven't worked it out yet we are having an "actual conversation" on your thread content.

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Because Hitlers an Arsehole isn't enough.

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Aphorism

Could you state the ideals and ideas of the 'spiritual gurus' you have posted in the OP? (The ones in the videos you posted).

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by BDBinc

To understand your thread YOUR meaning of spirituality was necessary .
You are still saying your own personal opinion, like Hitlers personal opinion, is spirituality .

I'll quote directly from my OP so that you may understand, and then I'll show you how this is also apparent in your case:

"Someone’s “spirituality” is a direct reflection of, and is exactly equivalent to, how he considers spirituality, and how one acts spiritual. Spirituality is, in its essence, a display of “spirituality”, or at least a display of what one thinks spirituality entails. Ask anyone what spirituality entails and you will hear their particular interpretation of it, or what they have been led to believe it is—their brand of spirituality—and with this law now written in the mind as law, as truth, they then declare themselves “spiritual”, they act in accordance with their spirituality—a whole blend and medley of many “spiritual” teachings—and, as if they stepped on a stage, produce this act in a display of theatre. Spirituality is piety."

When you discuss spirituality, you are merely discussing what you think spirituality is, your brand of it, your version of truth. But it isn't actually truth. And now you are defending it for whatever reason because I said Hitler is spiritual. Why? Because your vanity cannot take it. Your ideological interests think I am saying you are guilty by association, when there is zero truth to that.

I have told you where you are wrong. I can love truth and be totally unconcerned with your personal opinion(which you think is your spirituality).
Your thread is on how Hitler's( & your )personal opinions are your "spirituality" .
I think you even disclosed that you wanted to tarnish the concept of 'spirituality' with Hitler's personal opinions, how very Hitlery.

It seems you are guilty of demeaning someone else's spirituality by saying it is not spirituality, and thereby insinuating that your spirituality is what is true, and everyone else's is folly. Am I not allowed to have an opinion on spirituality?

I'll quote directly from my OP:

“Of course, they are correct—only they can see the conjuring of their own imagination—but they err and offend their art by signing it “Truth” rather than their own names. By doing so, they not only negate our spirituality, but also their own, and all spirituality with it.”

“But these subtle displays and submissions to imagery associated with wisdom is a sign not of wisdom itself, but that one wants to appear spiritual, one wants to be associated with “spirituality”, and therefore must adopt the markings of those who are also spiritual, so that he may convince himself, and hopefully his followers, that he is too. ”

And now I'm being "Hitlery". You are an actor on a stage, and I see you in your costume. It's a fine display.

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 12:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Itisnowagain

Could you state the ideals and ideas of the 'spiritual gurus' you have posted in the OP? (The ones in the videos you posted).

I went to youtube and typed "guru". I randomly selected and did not spend any time watching them.

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Aphorism

I went to youtube and typed "guru". I randomly selected and did not spend any time watching them.

So you do not know what 'ideals and ideas' they are promoting.
If you were to watch and listen to the speakers you might find they have no ideals or ideas to promote - if you do not listen to them you cannot really comment on what they say can you?

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 12:27 AM
link   

If you were to watch and listen to the speakers you might find they have no ideals or ideas to promote - if you do not listen to them you cannot really comment on what they say can you?

That is correct. Good eye.

Where did I comment on what they're saying?

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Aphorism

That is correct. Good eye.

Where did I comment on what they're saying?

You have put Hitler and them into the same box - how is that possible - you read Hitler and then compare him to the unknown (to you).
edit on 17-12-2013 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 12:30 AM
link   

You have put Hitler and them into the same box - how is that possible - you read Hitler and then compare him to the unknown.

What box did I put them in? I think it is you putting them in the same box and saying I did it.

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Aphorism

You have put Hitler and them into the same box - how is that possible - you read Hitler and then compare him to the unknown.

What box did I put them in? I think it is you putting them in the same box and saying I did it.

The box is 'spiritual'.
It is the whole subject of this thread.

Spirituality as a box.
edit on 17-12-2013 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join