It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another transit on the infinite loop.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 06:50 AM
link   
Coredrill,

Thank you for the validation, but I'm afraid it will fall on deaf ears.

Though I thought there could have been a decent discussion take place in this thread, when the OP states that actually backing up his claim is "not worth my time," then I think we can assume that the entire OP is simply an exercise is egoism.

Harte

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 05:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Harte

I was hoping to hear others thoughts and not so much debate about proof or what that actually means or would look like. I felt the topic when so sideways that rather than starting a discussion it was simply easier to scour the forums to read peoples feedback about the topic from the countless other but similar topics.

Not sure how that would be an exercise of egoism, as simply being a anonymous observer of comments rather than battling about who is right, I would imagine was the opposite, someone who felt his belief did not matter so much that he had to exert force on others.

Either way, it was interesting coming back to my first and only thread... time will tell if I ever decide to share more of my thoughts in the same manner.

posted on Apr, 24 2018 @ 10:08 PM
link   
This story seems to me like a likely future for our species at the present time.

The "First World" is in population decline. Educated and intelligent people can see the population problem coming.
People of high enough intelligence to genuinely participate in technology (not just enjoy its products, but actually help make it) are breeding slower than anybody.

At some point, they will be faced with a decision: either

A: Wait for overpopulation to trigger world wide genocidal wars, and die in the aftermath.

B: Engage in genocide themselves preemptively, to prevent the dumb people from overbreeding. (The smart people have no tendency to overpopulate anyway.)

or

C: Leave. Colonize some part of space, and enjoy the benefits of population balance.

Maybe some group long, long ago, chose C.

If the first world disappeared today, Africa and the Middle East would probably eventually stabilize into what they've been for thousands of years. (Those cultures really aren't that different right now, except that some of them drive cars they've managed to purchase from the first world, and shoot guns the first world makes for them.)

The third world wants us gone. We want to be gone. It's basically a win all around.

posted on Apr, 25 2018 @ 12:01 AM
link   

edit on 25-4-2018 by blackcrowe because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join