It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The climate change flip flop. No more winters, no more summers... whatever!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 09:02 PM
link   

VoidHawk
Tell the lie often enough and it becomes the truth.

Then again?

Some people just get tired of being lied to.

Good points for the OP

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Iwinder

Heck gas here right now is $1.25 a litre.
Hi Iwinder.
In the uk its £1.40 a liter, Diesel is even more!

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Iwinder

Heck gas here right now is $1.25 a litre.
Hi Iwinder.
In the uk its £1.40 a liter.

Wow! I just checked the exchange rate.
1.25 USD = 0.767483 GBP

edit on 14-12-2013 by VoidHawk because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

It's climate CHANGE, not 'Global Warming'.

Today it's Climate Change. But the theory began as Global Warming.

The theory states that, because the earth receives energy from the sun in the form of wide-bandwidth electromagnetic radiation and emits energy at a wavelength determined by the temperature of the planet, and since carbon dioxide can absorb and re-emit radiation along a narrow bandwidth in the IR range, excessive carbon dioxide in the atmosphere can result in a steady increase in the average planetary temperature. Measurements of the radiation emitted from the earth do not correlate exactly to what can be calculated based on our observation of average temperatures, therefore something is increasing the energy of emitted radiation and that something must obviously be carbon dioxide.

That's WARMING, not cooling. The term "Climate Change" was coined when observations, even given the horribly inaccurate sensors used and extremely biased models implemented, could not agree with the predictions. Ergo, I still call it "Global Warming" in opposition to the propaganda deployment.

Are people so disconnected from scientific reality that they take the term "Global Warming" as something literal?

It is literal, according to the theory. IMHO the disconnect comes when people accept the explanation that is used to justify the term "Climate Change": specifically that because the weather system is so chaotic, an increase in energy can result in a decrease in temperature, at least wherever the observer who is questioning the theory lives. Sorry, but that's just too convenient an excuse for predictive failure.

I will whole-heartedly agree that we have much work to do cleaning up actual pollution... destruction of the Amazonian rain forests, the island of plastic now floating in the Pacific, the layer of smog (which is primarily a combination of soot - carbon particulates - and nitrides, not carbon dioxide) which tends to form over cities, and the poisoning of the water table with concentrated toxic chemicals are good places to start. But we cannot fix those problems if we are instead chasing ghosts around in a desperate attempt to fix one of the few things that isn't badly broken. Efficiency is a wonderful thing, and so is reuse and recycling of resources. Implementing an energy tax globally in order to limit the amount of energy available to the population and make their existence miserable is not a good thing in my eyes.

So forgive me for not bowing to the connotational manipulation of titles exercised in order to promote a failed theory as accurate in the search for money and political control of the masses. That is the disconnect I cannot allow myself the luxury of accepting.

TheRedneck

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 11:01 PM
link   

tothetenthpower
reply to post by gladtobehere

They aren't 'making' anything up.

It's climate CHANGE, not 'Global Warming'.

Are people so disconnected from scientific reality that they take the term "Global Warming" as something literal?

The climate is changing, all over the world and it has been, forever. Let's just remember that during the Dark Ages there was a very long period where Earth was warmer than it is now.

It's natural cycles.

~Tenth

Yes. It was global warming until the science didn't support the politics. It started getting cooler and now it's climate change.

Same agenda, different lie.

They don't have a damned clue of what is going to happen with the weather but "OH MY GOD, IT'S GONNA BE A DISASTER. A DISASTER! So let's set up a carbon tax/credit exchange and make several trillion dollars a year off of gullible fools AND THE WORLD WILL BE SAVED! AL GORELALLULIA!"

Or something to that effect.

I gotta check the propaganda.

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 11:11 PM
link   

gladtobehere
Back in 2000:

Snowfalls are now just a thing of the past.

However, the warming is so far manifesting itself more in winters which are less cold than in much hotter summers. According to Dr David Viner, a senior research scientist at the climatic research unit (CRU) of the University of East Anglia,within a few years winter snowfall will become "a very rare and exciting event".

Today:

Get This: Warming Planet Can Mean More Snow.

"So one of the consequences of a warming ocean near a coastline like the East Coast and Washington, D.C., for instance, is that you can get dumped on with more snow partly as a consequence of global warming," he says.

Whatever works, just make it up as we go along. Seems to work on every other issue.

Regardless, we definitely need global carbon taxes and carbon credits to be traded on exchanges with profits going to investors and commissions paid to the banksters.

If at first you dont succeed, lie lie again.

Climate change: this is the worst scientific scandal of our generation.

Glacier scientist: I knew data hadn't been verified.

Fakegate: The Obnoxious Fabrication of Global Warming.

edit on 14-12-2013 by gladtobehere because: wording

I believe in climate change more than man made global warming. I believe there are a lot of factors one of the/if not the most important would be solar energies. I'd just like to open your mind up to the idea that warmer winters means more evaporation during winter, more clouds, more snow. Seems very simple.

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 11:44 PM
link   
The climate is changing and man is contributing to the change by using many different ways. We evidently aren't going to change our disrespect for the earth so just plan on riding this out. We could deter the change that is just starting to show up but there are no plans to do that. That would be negative to the economy. The governments would rather tack a tax on things so they can have money to help those who built in stupid locations. The government will divert the flooding to wipe out smaller communities that took little risk in their development and the big cities and their factories will be saved. For the good of the people is not really fair to people who are non risk takers.

So it looks like they are going to tax us and not fix a thing....sounds like politics to me.

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 06:38 AM
link   

watchitburn
The problem, as far as I understand it ( and I may be completely wrong so correct me if I am) is that all these alarmist publications are based off "models" put together using our limited data on the Earth's historical climate, not forecasts or predictions.

And I am led to believe that in the meteorological field, there is a distinct difference between a climate model and a forecast.

Much like hurricane tracking, they present about 20 or so different models, but they only actually forecast 2 or 3 negligibly different paths for any given storm.
edit on 14-12-2013 by watchitburn because: (no reason given)

Yes, and those models never included clouds! there is just no way, as yet, to type a program that shows clouds, so those 'models' are not much use.

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 06:46 AM
link   
I thought this appropriate. . . .

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 08:03 AM
link   

But.......Al Gore told us that the planet has a fever.........and that he created the internet.

I am sure that man provides a small, very small influence on localized weather, meaning smog cover and mud slides.

But changing the climate as a whole is about as narcissistic in thought as it gets.

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Tell ya what. Go live on a beach in the Philippines for a year and then get back to me.

Oh yeah, read their newspapers and their articles on climate change too. Get to know a few of the people who are terrified for their lives and their children's lives. Talk to them about how things have or haven't changed. Maybe share your food with them 'cuz they've lost even their ability to subsist.

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by soficrow

Yea, because we never had hurricanes and Typhoons before ....../cue really scary music/ Global Warming!

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by network dude

Like I said - go live there, talk to people about how things used to be, and how -and how much- the weather patterns and crazy storms have changed. Just because you haven't experienced something doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

PS. Those of us living in the middle of large continents -or protected by relative wealth- have the luxury of ignoring or denying the effects of climate change. Filipinos can't. It's already killing them and their children. Either outright, or by slow starvation.

edit on 15/12/13 by soficrow because: to add PS

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Once you return from fantasy land, you can stop by Galveston Texas and ask them about the Hurricanes that have graced their presence. Oh, and there were other cities that have been hit too. Some outside the US, and some in the US. For a long time. As long as history had been recording, it seems there have been terrible storms. Look into all that.

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 04:28 PM
link   

There is no doubt that the Philippines has recently experienced a wave of powerful storms. There is no doubt that areas of the Philippines are in desperate straits and in need of assistance.

There is, however, doubt that the global carbon dioxide levels in the atmosphere are to blame.

It is easy, when properly conditioned via years of propaganda and media mis-focus, to find blame for unexpected disasters in the area where one's focus has been directed. Scientifically, no one can make the statement that these same disasters would not have happened, or would have even been minimized, by any of the schemes (such as a global "carbon tax") presented to supposedly minimize Global Warming.

As a matter of fact, there is reason to believe the opposite. Carbon dioxide is produced primarily in industrialized nations, and there is no mechanism known that would account for a concentration of either carbon dioxide levels or heat levels in one particular place without having some appreciable overall effect. In short, no one area can claim to have evidence of Global Warming; the effects may not be exactly identical in all locations, but they will be noticeable in all locations, by definition.

TheRedneck

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by TheRedneck

Today it's Climate Change. But the theory began as Global Warming.

Yup.

More specifically, the theory's official name is called "Anthropogenic Global Warming", AGW for short.

Which literally means: anthropogenic (as in manmade), global (as in worldwide effect), warming (as in not cooling).

And although the theory and science behind it is officially known as AGW, they've moved the goal posts by now using the generalized term "Climate Change" (which was a term used long before the AGW theory came along) in an attempt to camouflage their failing AGW theory with actual observations.

Nothing is specifically "global" and nothing is specifically only "warming".

Propaganda is what propaganda does.

But just for smite, there'll be those of us who will never let them forget their failed terminology known as "Global Warming".

edit on 15-12-2013 by CranialSponge because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-12-2013 by CranialSponge because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by network dude

It's not my fantasy, if it's anyone's at all. I've talked to numerous people from the Philippines - and read their local news - and according to residents, things have changed dramatically over the last while in terms of storm severity and impact. People there ARE frightened.

No doubt there have been terrible storms through history, and no doubt some periods have been worse than others. But I'm talking about what's happening now. ...For what it's worth, I live in Winterpeg (have off and on through my life) and the weather is nuts - unseasonal, wildly unpredictable, and 49 below windchill most of the past week. Weird!

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by TheRedneck

...There is, however, doubt that the global carbon dioxide levels in the atmosphere are to blame.

I said NOTHING about CO2. I do not wish to talk about CO2. I frankly do not give a flying poop about CO2. I am concerned about the millions of people, children and families who are being destroyed by the very real effects of climate change while a bunch of self-righteous, self-absorbed bleeding idiots want to jerk each other off with their so-called knowledge.

....Sorry. Not necessarily you personally. Just getting tired of having my words twisted.

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 05:23 PM
link   

It's not my fantasy, if it's anyone's at all. I've talked to numerous people from the Philippines - and read their local news - and according to residents, things have changed dramatically over the last while in terms of storm severity and impact. People there ARE frightened.

But soficrow...

What you're describing is "climate change" and not specifically "anthropogenic global warming".

Why ?

Because there is NO scientific data to unequivocally prove 100% beyond a shadow of a doubt that the increase and severity of these storms in the Phillipines area is caused SPECIFICALLY by "anthropogenic global warming".

Therefore, it can only be linked to the term known as "climate change"... which has nothing to do with the officially named theory "AGW".

And this is where AGW scientists are winning the propaganda battle when they started using the more generalized term "climate change" to replace the failed "AGW" term.... the average layman has now mentally connected and confused the two as being one in the same.

And they're not.

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Interesting factoid here found in this link......
www.thegatewaypundit.com...

You betcha there is fear mongering ,or worse guessing going on.

I can't believe its been five years already, and only Three Quarters of North America is suffering from sub zero temps right now as I type this.
Regards, Iwinder

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join