It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Walks All Day to Create Awesome Massive Symmetrical Designs in Snow.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+16 more 
posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 06:41 PM
link   
This is one of the most awesome things I've ever come across!

This guy, Simon Beck, walks for hours/miles, sometimes lasting all day, to create these fantastic symmetrical designs. That's what I call dedication!

And incredible talent!

How does he do this?! It seems to me he would need to have an aerial view to stay on the correct geometric path in creating these symmetrical patterns. I need to read up on this dude and see how he does this!

I recently posted a thread about crop circles, saying some of them seem too complex to have been done by humans, but this is making me rethink my statements. Of course, there are other reasons that one can argue that not all crop circles are done by humans. But, that's a different topic.

I do wonder, though, if this man gets his inspiration from "beyond", as some of the crop circle makers say they do.

Check out more of his mind-blowing patterns at this link:
www.mymodernmet.com...

English artist Simon Beck never ceases to amaze us with his large-scale murals of geometric patterns in snow. Each visually breathtaking piece, which Beck manually creates by walking through the snow and leaving behind his track prints, adds a surreal element to its natural landscape. Walking countless miles on end, the dedicated artist manages to produce startlingly symmetrical and elaborate designs on the soft, white bed of snow that covers acres upon acres of land.

Beck's ability to not only trek through the slippery surface and icy temperatures but to also keep track of his steps is absolutely remarkable. The beautifully plotted details of the artist's work complement the untouched expanse of snow and ice capped mountains that surround them each year. With the next winter season just around the corner, we're excited to see Beck's next series of artistic snow exhibitions. In the meantime, check out some of his work from earlier this year, just before the snow melted away.

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 06:56 PM
link   
who would appreciate that? the montgolfier brothers?

art is not a waste of time.

that is a waste of time.

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Wow, he must have cold feet

sled735
I recently posted a thread about crop circles, saying some of them seem too complex to have been done by humans, but this is making me rethink my statements.
I dont agree that it means humans couldn't have done them, but I fully agree concerning the complexity. Who and why go to such extreme lengths to create them? Some of them are much larger than the pic in your op, and more complex too, and they are created in the dark! I believe they are created by someone with an agenda, what that is I'm not sure.

+3 more 
posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Rikku

that is a waste of time.

I, for one, appreciate that! Not a waste at all to people who love beauty.
And, obviously, many others appreciate it too. He draws a crowd to his work every year.

+5 more 
posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Rikku

For me, that IS art -- art of the highest order with perhaps the largest 'canvas' ever, using his feet as a 'palet'. Sure, it is not enduring as a fixed painting or sculpture, but unique in its own way. I think it's wonderfully creative, and certainly is a labor of love and dedication; as with many artists, I doubt he makes much money from it, but then that's not always the goal of the artisan.

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by sled735

Those art works in the snow are entirely too complex for a human being, especially just one to have done, so, the obvious culprit here must be ALIENS, or the man is channelling Aliens, or was wearing alien shoes, or ...

This is wonderful work. There's a man that does this on beaches with sand too.

Never underestimate the ingenuity, creativity, and drive for creation people can have.

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Absolutely Beautiful!

"Eat Your Heart Out E.T.!"

Should be his signature...

Peace

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Rikku

Art ? when I see that im seeing patience, concentration and perseverance. I cant see anyone without those qualities having a hope of doing anything of significance in their life.

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Rikku

As well as everyone here but you

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Has anyone heard of this guy? How does he stay on the correct course to achieve these designs?

I really am blown away by this! I think this is soooooooo cool!!

edit on 12/14/2013 by sled735 because: typo

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 08:03 PM
link   

argentus
reply to post by Rikku

For me, that IS art -- art of the highest order with perhaps the largest 'canvas' ever, using his feet as a 'palet'. Sure, it is not enduring as a fixed painting or sculpture, but unique in its own way. I think it's wonderfully creative, and certainly is a labor of love and dedication; as with many artists, I doubt he makes much money from it, but then that's not always the goal of the artisan.

Ditto! What he/she said, very well, I might add.

Thanks, Argentus.

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by sled735

That is very cool! No pun intended!

That snow looks so sweet.

I would be the person blasting through the middle on my Volkl Code Speedwall S's!

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 08:48 PM
link   
[jaw drops!!!]

That is AMAZING and BEAUTIFUL!!!!

Thanks for posting this

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by sled735

Wow, that's art I'd pay $1,500,000 for...what.....?... It's covered by another snow fall. Damn.

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Well, I guess we know who's making all of the crop circles now!

His work is incredible! Thanks for posting this!
Miss Nugget

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by sled735

And do a zoom in at 300 percent or 400 percent, he made the borders of the images into little works of art themselves.

This reminds me of sand mandalas some Buddhists make as symbols of the transitory nature of life and objects. An artist who would spend his days creating such a snow impression, knowing that the first warm hour will destroy much of it, has the knowledge of existence within him. It also reminds me of Ray Bradbury's "Picasso Summer" (won't tell you how though, I hate spoilers. A great story though.)
edit on 14-12-2013 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Rikku

Do you not see that picture in the OP? The one the world is now looking at?

Waste of time?

Facebook is a waste of time. Candy Crush is a waste of time.

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Rikku

that is a waste of time.

You seem like an @$$hole.

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 04:06 AM
link   
reply to post by sled735

OH WOW! This person has his s*** together! That is amazing!
The one's in the link are just as incredible as the one in your OP. Almost.

Thank you for sharing this with ATS, Sled. Otherwise, I would probably never have seen it.

S&F

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 04:24 AM
link   
reply to post by sled735

This is amazing work sled. And truly wonderful to look at. The talent of some people is astounding. Thanks for posting

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join