It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is for all the people not in the USA

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Could you please list links to your news channels and major newspaper in English please so that I can obtain some news about what is going on in the world? Currently I am listening to the major news outlets and they are actually saying that there are no civilian casulties in Falluja. I have become aware of late that our news is more and more controlled and would like to read something about what is really going on in the world. Also if you have been listening to the news what kind of reports are you getting on civilians killed in Falluja?

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Is there a place where you can escape the news? I thought I was in the boonies.

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Justanotherperson
Is there a place where you can escape the news? I thought I was in the boonies.

We are getting news but it is biased.

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 12:39 AM
link   
ATS is the best place for news...

ATSNN will fill you in; it's news gathered from hundreds of sources and the only bias remains in the comments posted in the reply section.

Deep

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Isn't propaganda just another word for news? I never believe anything I read regardless of source.

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 12:48 AM
link   
I'm sorry but I think you are all missing my point. I do not believe my major news outlets are giving the me the whole story about major news events and would like to build a library of sorts of major news outlets around the world to compare them to. And while I know that ATS reports news and I certainly do look at it each time I log on I would like to be able to look at stories they do not neccessarily report on. As a matter of fact I think it might be a good idea for everyone to have a library of this sort to compare news to, that way we know if we are receiving the whole story if we can read about major news stories from different sources.

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by goose
I'm sorry but I think you are all missing my point. I do not believe my major news outlets are giving the me the whole story about major news events and would like to build a library of sorts of major news outlets around the world to compare them to. And while I know that ATS reports news and I certainly do look at it each time I log on I would like to be able to look at stories they do not neccessarily report on. As a matter of fact I think it might be a good idea for everyone to have a library of this sort to compare news to, that way we know if we are receiving the whole story if we can read about major news stories from different sources.

Might be useful to no how many languages and what which ones you are able to read as apart from U.K and Ireland the rest will not be in English Language

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 01:06 AM
link   
salon.com is good place to start
-ap

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by aape
salon.com is good place to start
-ap

Thats run by the New York times
The question was for none Americans.

Come on try to keep up

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 01:16 AM
link   
Well from what I heard is that about 1/3rd the population didn't leave and the city was rather large. And given the fact that we are killing just about anything that moves I find it unlikely that the civilian death toll is zero. You cannot fight a war like that and have zero.

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 01:16 AM
link   
-that was for people not in the USA.

americans too. check out the stars and stripes (joke)

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 01:28 AM
link   
This one is real famous newspaper in India, has nothing to do with religions or anything, but the site is kind of low.

www.hinduonnet.com...

Not bad website, one of top papers in India

www.expressindia.com...

This is just an site, not bad.

www.sify.com...

Another website

samachar.com...

Another website, one of my favorites.

www.rediff.com
I also have many regional newspapers, but they are in specific languages, so there are of no use.

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 01:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by goose
Could you please list links to your news channels and major newspaper in English please so that I can obtain some news about what is going on in the world? Currently I am listening to the major news outlets and they are actually saying that there are no civilian casulties in Falluja. I have become aware of late that our news is more and more controlled and would like to read something about what is really going on in the world. Also if you have been listening to the news what kind of reports are you getting on civilians killed in Falluja?

You can find the information on civilians dying just by watching headline news , they covered this matter just one our ago they said the civilian casualties total of 14 released by Iraq goverment was low and that Iraq is responsible for body counts this time in Fallujah. Iraq minister that I saw on TV walked out of the room when confronted in a news briefing about the false count and the fact they are refusing to give totals and he was also asked why, he said it is the Iraq goverment position not to discuss this issue and he had no comment and abruptly left the room. So watch headline news its should repeat hear in about an our or so that's usually what they do.

Headline News can be found on
COX CABLE/ MULTIMEDIA CABLE Channel 47 in south central US region

[edit on 19/11/2004 by drbryankkruta]

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 02:19 AM
link   
as I have posted before, try this site for news.

www.newsnow.co.uk...

also

ttp://www.jihadunspun.net/home.php?

hope this helps.

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 03:18 AM
link   
I am the op and want to thank everyone for contributing, I will definitely check out and bookmark the websites. I can only read english. I watch cnn and headline news, cbs and msnbc, not once tonight have I heard anything but 0 civilian casulties. I have not watched headline news for awhile tonight and I am glad to hear they are at least reporting some of it. I also found a channel on satellite tv both direct and dish has it. It is a channel called free speech tv, ch 9415 and has a show called Democracy Now it is also shown on the LINK channel too. This is their website for one of their shows, one of the journalists who are there that is an independent journalist is currently reporting 800 civilians dead perhaps more. For those of you in the US check this channel out and try to watch the news show I posted above and observe how different the news is on this channel and this show Democracy Now. Thanks everyone!

www.democracynow.org.../11/18/1515228

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 03:50 AM
link   
I recommend BBC Worldservice. It isn't completely unbiased, but it has some good reports, and atleast attempts to tell both sides

You can listen over the internet: www.bbc.co.uk..." target="_blank" class="postlink">www.bbc.co.uk...

or else ATSN is the best resource

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 04:34 AM
link   
Text Black

You have a very good REAL news site right in the USA, as follows;

www.truthout.org...

Go too it

Cheers, Eduardo

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 05:13 AM
link   
www.thebigproject.co.uk...
-The overview of english written news from countries all over the world...
enjoy

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Although I'm American, I thot I'd butt in and give you some links. These are to news compendium sites - and collect news and analysis from all over the world.

Our mainstream media (print and tv) is pretty worthless, for the most part. Sad, considering we have so many resources. It's not that what they cover isn't true; it's that they don't cover things correctly or they don't cover them at all. Like the real situation in Iraq. To illustrate how ridiculous it is, I now read Pravda online. Back during the cold war, if you had told me back then that I'd be reading Pravda (then master of propaganda), I would have said you've lost it.

It helps to read from as many sources as you can from across the spectrum. Reading the foreign press is great. Pretty much anyone reading the foreign press in the run-up to the Iraq war, for example, knew how full of shyte this administration and our media was/is.

Here are my recommendations:

www.whatreallyhappened.com
xcellent variety of news & analysis on different subjects. Foreign & domestic.

www.truthout.org
The same as WRH. Someone else mentioned this b4.

www.antiwar.com
This is an excellent site for war coverage and analysis.

www.informationclearinghouse.info
Another good site for war coverage

www.rense.com
News and analysis. This site gets ripped on alot. There's funny graphics, subjects that some think are kooky but there is also some great stuff there. You just have to wade through it. It's worth it.

Hope this list helps!

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 07:36 AM
link   
How could I forget?!
Two more of my favorite sites are:

www.copvcia.com
One of the best research sites out there. War, Peak Oil, etc.

www.cooperativeresearch.org
Another excellent avenue for research.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join